New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still get a "discount" when you go for 5+ days? I see a price for each date. Will it even out at check out or are we stuck paying $100 for each day if that's the cost for each day of our one week trip?
That was my question. Will this be replacing the stay more save more mentality they have with tickets right now. Hmmmm

although....watching the video it shows park hopper an extra $55 - that would be per day? So 9 days I would be paying about an extra $1000 for two people to have park hoppers?

Is that what it averages now for hoppers?

From WDWNT:

Tickets related to a particular park will be retired as part of these changes, so there will be no more 1-day Magic Kingdom-only tickets offered. Everything is back to one price.

Under the new system, 1-Day base tickets are valid for admission on the specific start date selected. Multi-day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period, as indicated below:

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket Only the start date selected
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on the start date
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on the start date
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date

No you pick your first day and that’s the price for the entire length of your ticket but you only have 7 days to use that.

ah got it. So it would be wise to arrive on the cheapest day of my vacation and buy ticket for all 9 days. Still wondering though if hopper is going to be way more than it is now, I need to look closer.

From WDWNT:

Tickets related to a particular park will be retired as part of these changes, so there will be no more 1-day Magic Kingdom-only tickets offered. Everything is back to one price.

Under the new system, 1-Day base tickets are valid for admission on the specific start date selected. Multi-day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period, as indicated below:

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket Only the start date selected
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on the start date
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on the start date
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date
Yep so if I want to visit on a certain set of days and the day before I arrive is cheaper I would choose that day because it will save me money.

More and more I'm seeing this as my last trip to Disney (this trip is my youngests first trip, my other have all been once as well) and that makes me so sad. :confused3 I wanted one more trip at least with my bff, but that one will be more of a resort vacation with the odd trip to the park if we do end up going in a few years. I just don't know if I can put this much planning, saving, fp+ planning and securing, adr planning and securing and then replanning and securing after we pick our fp+. lol The list goes on.... maybe my bff and I will just go to Vegas and call it a day.

Is there a place we can see the prices per day? I am waiting to buy tickets for a friend for a trip in Feb-maybe waiting would be best if Feb tickets are lower than a 4DPH now.

Don't think so. You pay price per day, so if you don't want to pay one of the more expensive days, you don't buy a ticket for that day and plan a no park day. More planning on the customer's part.
well what if it rains on your planned pool day and you want to adjust? It is like the people who come up with this stuff have never actually vacationed at disney.:sad2:

More and more I'm seeing this as my last trip to Disney (this trip is my youngests first trip, my other have all been once as well) and that makes me so sad. :confused3 I wanted one more trip at least with my bff, but that one will be more of a resort vacation with the odd trip to the park if we do end up going in a few years. I just don't know if I can put this much planning, saving, fp+ planning and securing, adr planning and securing and then replanning and securing after we pick our fp+. lol The list goes on.... maybe my bff and I will just go to Vegas and call it a day.

We did a family trip back in 2015 and I was pretty sure that would be our last family trip. DS went in March 2018 for his senior trip. I'm going with just DD12 in November.

The kids have mentioned going as a family again. Then DS asked if just him and I could go next year. Both still up in the air but with this new ticket thing..........I'm thinking this may be my last trip to Disney. We don't even go that often. Once every 3 years or so but at these prices (I'm sure it's going to be a HUGE increase) I can get way more bang for my buck elsewhere.

Once the economy takes a hit (NOT wishing for it but what goes up must come down) and Disney has to adjust and give out deals maybe I'll be back.

Either way I'm going to enjoy our trip in November!!!

Oh..... ugh!!!! Ok, Disney, you keep making it harder and harder to afford it.
So wait and see how this works...
It seems that we basically will be paying a lot more to be able to be "flexible"! So no more purchasing your tickets ahead of time unless you pay more.
Just one more way Disney has found to get more money out of people and control the crowds.
Just hoping the AP rate doesn't go up again!!!

Oh..... ugh!!!! Ok, Disney, you keep making it harder and harder to afford it.
So wait and see how this works...
It seems that we basically will be paying a lot more to be able to be "flexible"! So no more purchasing your tickets ahead of time unless you pay more.
Just one more way Disney has found to get more money out of people and control the crowds.
Just hoping the AP rate doesn't go up again!!!
Not necessarily

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!