Hi! How long does the droid building experience take? I just booked it at 6:10 for my two kids, DS15 and DD13 and Im wondering if we have time afterwards to hit Ogas for a drink before the 9pm Fantasmic which we will have had 4:20 BB Dining package for earlier. Not sure how early we need to be at F! for Dining package reserved area seating and dont want to rush anything. We can hit Ogas another night/day during our trip too if the time would be too tight.
It took us each about 20 minutes. It is not a long or complicated process .

I was looking at the new map and it appears there are 3 ways to get into the new land. Are all three able to be used to enter at this point or are some just for exiting?

I was looking at the new map and it appears there are 3 ways to get into the new land. Are all three able to be used to enter at this point or are some just for exiting?
You can enter and exit out of all of them. During rope drop though, I think there's just one entrance.

I have not yet experienced SWGE but will be going next month. I have read on several sites it is considered a bust and not much traffic. Everytime I see wait times for the MF it’s a minimum of 70 minutes. Is the rest of the land and restaurants slow? Less foot traffic etc? Maybe I’m missing something?
It's not empty, but I think because the area is so big, people disperse all over, making it seem not crowded. The resistance side, is always slow and empty because the other ride isn't open. If you see a crowd in that area, it's probably b/c chewy is out. The area in front of the falcon is obviously busy. I go on relatively high crowd days, and the ride line is always an hour or more. It goes down in the evening though. The cantina is popular and can be hard to get reservations.

All three open eventually but last week at opening they funneled everyone to the Critter Country entrance.

Gah ok no thanks! We will go to Tomorrowland instead and will just have to watch for the wait times to drop for the ride.
For what it’s worth, I don’t think you need to be there insanely early to rope-drop it IF you’re fast adults - especially since you’ve been before.

I only rope-dropped it once early in July (more recently than the other poster), but we were in line for the park at 7:30 - early, but not crazy - and weren’t even planning to ride MFSR; I was just going to show my BIL around, because it looked like a mob. But since I knew where I was going (helpful) and we’re both fast walkers, we did decide to ride. I have a picture of my BIL in front of the Falcon at 8:06, and a picture of him at the end of the ride at 8:31.

I would often recommend not rope-dropping it (I haven’t since then because empty Fantasyland has more value to me!), but if someone really wanted to for whatever reason, it could certainly be done without insane preparation.

When I was there at the beginning of August, all three access points were available to enter and exit the land by mid-morning. When I got in around 8:30 am on an EMH/MM morning, only the Critter Country entrance was open to everyone (guests needing to get in for a Savi's or Oga's reservations could use the other two entrance and everyone could exit via any of the three access points). By 9:30 am on a non-EMH/MM morning, I was also able to enter via Fantasyland. I don't quite know when they open all three access points to everyone, but if you're going in the first hour to 1.5 hours, I would plan on having to use the Critter Country entrance unless you have an early morning Savi's or Oga's reservation.

Just got back from a trip there this weekend. For those asking about the size of the droids, we were able to fit two inside a standard size back pack. One of each type.

Overall we had a fun time, but we didn't particularly enjoy Oga's. I found the service to be really poor. We each ordered one drink, and I requested water. We got our drinks but no water, and then our waitress never came back again. I requested water when I first ordered and when the drinks arrived. Others at the table who were there before us were given water. It was impossible to flag anyone down to order a second drink either. I wish they would concentrate a bit more on customer experience there. Instead it just felt they were trying to rush as many people through as possible. One other observation is that even though we were there at 10am we didn't get a breakfast menu. A jello type dish was now on the menu, which I hadn't seen previously.

Besides that we enjoyed the land and it didn't feel too crowded. The new ride was a lot of fun. The droid building was our favorite! We ended up making two droids. They sell some fun accessories for the R-type droids. Still sold out of the personality chips though.

It was impossible to flag anyone down to order a second drink either.
Our server told us that we needed to order both drinks at the same time if we wanted to have two drinks. I think they do this in part to speed up the process. Like you, we had a hard time flagging down our server after she took the initial payment and order. Ultimately, we ended up flagging down a hostess to find out if we were supposed to take the souvenir mug we were served our drink in or if there was a boxed one we would be getting. I think they could use a few more servers...

Our server told us that we needed to order both drinks at the same time if we wanted to have two drinks. I think they do this in part to speed up the process. Like you, we had a hard time flagging down our server after she took the initial payment and order. Ultimately, we ended up flagging down a hostess to find out if we were supposed to take the souvenir mug we were served our drink in or if there was a boxed one we would be getting. I think they could use a few more servers...
My friend was only planning on ordering one drink but after she finished her first she decided she wanted another. It was no problem to order another and it came fast, but we were at the bar so that probably makes a big difference. We had great service at the bar.

My friend was only planning on ordering one drink but after she finished her first she decided she wanted another. It was no problem to order another and it came fast, but we were at the bar so that probably makes a big difference. We had great service at the bar.
This has been our experience, too, and is the reason why we now request to be at the bar every time. Plus, it's entertaining to watch/chat with the bartenders, and we always notice something new behind the bar that we missed on our last visit.

We were seated at a table, which we had requested since the bar and bar table is too tall for my 6 year old daughter. I don't think the server mentioned that if we wanted two drinks we had to order them at the same time though. I would have done so if it had been mentioned.

I would often recommend not rope-dropping it (I haven’t since then because empty Fantasyland has more value to me!), but if someone really wanted to for whatever reason, it could certainly be done without insane preparation.
thats my thought process. My friends for sure want to ride the falcon and see galaxy’s edge, but that’s only one ride and one section. They want to do a ton of rides in Tomorrowland, Adventureland, and New Orleans square, etc. those are so empty in the mornings that I don’t want to take time away. And depending on how fast we get loaded on a ride, I can usually get us on 2 rides by in the first 30 minutes. They will be there until midnight, so worst case scenario they can do it at night post fireworks and world of color.

Hi there - I'm gluten-free and my husband wants to try Docking Bay 7 for dinner when we visit in November. I'm game to try it but the only gluten-free options are the Endorian Tip-Yip Salad and the Ithorian Garden Loaf. Has anyone tried these? Good, bad, pass?

Hi there - I'm gluten-free and my husband wants to try Docking Bay 7 for dinner when we visit in November. I'm game to try it but the only gluten-free options are the Endorian Tip-Yip Salad and the Ithorian Garden Loaf. Has anyone tried these? Good, bad, pass?
Not sure if this would be another option for your husband, but our GF friend was able to have the Ronto Wrap without the bread -- and loved it! She is not celiac, so she was able to eat everything on top of the bread without eating the bread itself.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Endorian Tip-Yip Salad, and I've ordered it a few times since first having it. My wife really likes the Ithorian Garden Loaf. I actually like all the offerings at Docking Bay 7. It's become one of my favorite places to eat in the park.

.... I actually like all the offerings at Docking Bay 7. It's become one of my favorite places to eat in the park.
We've been surprisingly pleased with the CS offerings in SWGE -- the food (minus the popcorn!) is pretty/very good! We'll actually make our way to Batuu just to eat, then work our way back across the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter