New suggested gratuities and Concierge recommandations

DCLBlog is reporting that the suggested gratuities have been raised 1$ as of July 1st, bringing it to 14.50$/day/guest.

DCL is now recommending an 8$/day/guest gratuity for the Concierge lounge team and 1$ per day for the assistant stateroom host.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ecommendation-for-concierge-guests-july-2022/
Man, that is a lot less than the $75/$100 a day people were proclaiming they gave the lounge CMs. We gave $75 cash to the bartender in the lounge and $50 to one of the CMs. The Only thing they did extra for us was bring the cruise print to us. We did not ask them to get our photos or anything and I made our Palo reservation And mixology reservation.

now our room host, Suri, was amazing and we gave her an extra $200 cash. And $50 to her assistant.

Suri was the BEST!

It's been a while, but I feel like we varied our concierge tipping a lot from cruise to cruise. Sometimes, they were lifesavers, and we tried to show our appreciation for that. Other times, we didn't really need their services much, so we tipped somewhat less (probably in the $5-6 range). Still, it's good to have a target, as we always felt a little in the dark as to what to tip.

$15.50/day per guest for the assistant host, according to Scott's blog and the DCL website. Where are you getting $1?
14.50 $ for regular guests, 15.50$ for Concierge guests, the extra buck going to the assistant host :

"Guests staying in Concierge Staterooms and Suites are recommended a gratuity amount of $15.50 per night, per stateroom Guest. This includes gratuity for the Stateroom assistant host, who services the Concierge accommodations, in addition to the positions listed above."

14.50 $ for regular guests, 15.50$ for Concierge guests, the extra buck going to the assistant host :

"Guests staying in Concierge Staterooms and Suites are recommended a gratuity amount of $15.50 per night, per stateroom Guest. This includes gratuity for the Stateroom assistant host, who services the Concierge accommodations, in addition to the positions listed above."
Ah, right. The blog has it written in a misleading way, but the DCL page is more clear. You're right!

I like the new Concierge recommendation. I think $224 for a family of 4 doing a 7 night cruise is a fair amount.

DCLBlog is reporting that the suggested gratuities have been raised 1$ as of July 1st, bringing it to 14.50$/day/guest.

DCL is now recommending an 8$/day/guest gratuity for the Concierge lounge team and 1$ per day for the assistant stateroom host.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ecommendation-for-concierge-guests-july-2022/
I do find this helpful

Concierge Lounge Team? does that mean the $8 covers the hosts, bartenders & person who puts out the food?
In the past we have tipped 3 host in one envelope, then bartender and serving person each seperatly

just curious, we were told that the bartender & people who serve food do not get tips off concierge host 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter