New Seating Arrangements at Counter Service

What happens if you get up from your table to use the restrooms?

For example:

I'm at Cosmic Rays and I'm eating with my family. Half way through my meal, DD4 needs to "go." Will I not be let back in because on my return I am not carrying food?

So at this point I tell the CM that I am already seated and eating and just need to get back to my table. Right?

Can you see where I am going with this.....:rolleyes:

For example:

I'm at Cosmic Rays and I'm eating with my family. Half way through my meal, DD4 needs to "go." Will I not be let back in because on my return I am not carrying food?

So at this point I tell the CM that I am already seated and eating and just need to get back to my table. Right?

That's a very good question.

For example:

You walk back to your table and sit down. If a CM asks if you already got your food you say yes. End of exchange.

People go to bathrooms when they eat. No one is going to make everyone sit down and not get up until they are done eating. If this situation hasn't been thought out, which I doubt, it will be figured out on day one.

All these strange example of "what happens if..." always come up. The ones that are common place, like going to the bathroom, are either planned for or figured out quickly. The ones that are indeed out of the norm will be handled when and if they come up.

For example:

I hardly think you are going to be accosted by a CM for attempting to sit down at a table without food in your hands. :) Really, while I find the policy\test\whatever annoying AND stupid, I don't really think anyone is going to give anybody a hard time over it. Just see my earlier post about the family that "seated themselves" at Cape May Cafe, without a reservation, at a time when "no seating" was available. And yes, I have seen that happen more than once!

I would never be a "you know what" in these situations, but if I'm entering a CS restaurant with wife, two kids, strollers in tow, no one is going to tell me they can't sit down without first getting food. ;)

Awesome! :thumbsup2

That should be Disney's new Policy. Force you to sit with other people cause they have an open seat!

:rotfl2:

Sounds Like Biergarden.

I'd love to say the open seat is at a table of 20-something ladies but usually it is with someone's grandparents.

In practice it's rude as well.

Being rude and inconsiderate has nothing to do with rules.

Obviously, when a place is crowded he was being rude and inconsiderate, If the place is half empty it's not.
couldn't agree more...

Everyone should take a course in Civility!

Hi All

We are all Disney fans right? Why else would you be on this website? We are all planning our magical vacations right?

I can't believe the complaints and the brashness of some of the attitudes on this thread. Some of you are suggesting that the right thing to do is to force your way past a cast member and dismiss a park regulation...is that the right lesson for your children?

Here is a question: Why is Disney doing this?

There has to be a reason right? Since we have all been there we probably have picked up on the fact that Disney has gone out of its way to provide the best in costumer service and have thought out every last detail from the minute that you arrive till the minute you leave...not an overstatement, it's the truth.

Here is an answer: Disney has received complaints from (and witnessed regularly) guests with food in hand (and getting cold) not being able to find a table because so many people have made it a common practice to take tables when they don't have their food yet.

So what is the problem? Aren't we a little selfish in thinking that we are more important than the family standing there searching for a table while our food hasn't even been ordered.

Seriously, you may have some complaints about this but don't you think it is because of your actions, and the inconvenience caused to others, that Disney has been forced to resort to this.

Don't you think they would prefer to use manpower in a different way? Unless of course they have received numerous complaints about people staking out areas.

Hmmmm

I know you may be reading this and thinking about flaming me, but take a deep breath and really think about what you are debating...Disney is trying to provide the best...for ALL of their guests.

Peace

I am not so sure that is the reason for the change. Disney is looking for a way to turn over the dining area quicker. Less time seated at a time means another family can come in and eat.

I can't believe the complaints and the brashness of some of the attitudes on this thread. Some of you are suggesting that the right thing to do is to force your way past a cast member and dismiss a park regulation...is that the right lesson for your children?

You will always get some heated responses with certain subjects, But I was thinking the same thing about just going right past CM's. Lets all ignore CM's and break Disney rules, Won't that be a great memorable Magical experience to be involved with or have all the kids witness.

I am not so sure that is the reason for the change. Disney is looking for a way to turn over the dining area quicker. Less time seated at a time means another family can come in and eat.

Kathy, yes, you're right but isn't that best for everyone overall? Don't I want my time in the restaurant shortened?

Well obviously those who travel alone don't have someone else to save them a table, so I guess their only option is eat at an earlier time when tables won't be hard to get. However those who travel with a few people all have the same chance to save a table and if they choose not to well I don't feel sorry for them. Just because my family and I were smart enough to save one before ordering we should not feel guilty, because those same people had a chance to save a table and did not.

So I should avoid eating when I'm usually hungry so the restaurant is free for you?

I took my small children to the park solo, I don't think that make's you smarter than myself because I can't split myself in two and I won't leave small children unattended.

While on paper that would seem rude, if the Cast Members weren't enforcing the no saving tables rule then he did nothing wrong. So I guess WDW's only option is to enforce this rule everyday of the year, however they are choosing not to do that and in those times people will still be saving tables.

If someone does not know about the rule then you are correct but if you are speeding and don't get a ticket that doesn't mean you weren't speeding.

The most insane idea ever. If they think for one second I'm not scouting for a table and sitting with my 3 small kids while my husband gets in line and orders our food, they've got another thing coming.

Sorry Disney, deal with it. If you won't allow me to bring in my stroller, and you expect me to to stand in line and hold an infant and carry a tray of food you are STUPID!

I did it. Why shouldn't you?

Why should I have to carry the infant PLUS carry around a tray aimlessly searching for a seat while my food is getting cold and my children are getting hungrier and crankier.:headache:

If having a seat prior to getting your food is your goal than you have two choices. Get a TS ADR or send the DH in line and wait outside.

While I've never been to Disney when it has been that crowded, I can only hope that things lighten up for those that do when they finish with the Fantasyland refurb. Although I think there will only be one new CS place added to the mix.

So I should avoid eating when I'm usually hungry so the restaurant is free for you?

I took my small children to the park solo, I don't think that make's you smarter than myself because I can't split myself in two and I won't leave small children unattended.

If someone does not know about the rule then you are correct but if you are speeding and don't get a ticket that doesn't mean you weren't speeding.
Well I don't know what else to say because anyone would agree that eating during an off time is the best option, because so many tables would be available. However let's say you want to eat around 12:00 PM when the lines are busy and a lot of tables are taken up, how do you know the Cast Members would be enforcing the no saving tables because it's only being done during the busy peak times.

I also agree you should not leave young children by themselves at a table and you order the food, but wouldn't you agree eating at an offtime is the best option because so many tables would be free and it's one thing you don't need to worry about.

In practice it's rude as well.

Being rude and inconsiderate has nothing to do with rules.

Obviously, when a place is crowded he was being rude and inconsiderate, If the place is half empty it's not.

I agree with you!
The man was very rude, the place was packed.
I know he was there before us as I always take a look at the seating area before we go into order our food.
I noticed he was sitting there and the table next to him was empty.
We got our food and went to get a table.
He turned us away saying both tables were his for his family.
Now we did find another table right across from him that a family was just leaving, but I wondered where his family was as he had been there before we even entered the food area.
My husband and I had finished and we were waiting for our boys to finish eating. Along came this elderly couple looking for a table and he turned them away too.
Still no family with him.
My husband looked around and there was not an empty table anywhere.
I got up and my husband offered our seats to this couple.
Can you get a picture of what is happening here.
We are now standing and our boys are eating at with this elderly couple.
My husband is a very calm man, and not easily angered.
However he lost it on this guy.
Telling him how rude he was.
Now with words between this rude man and my husband going back and forth everyone was watching.
The boys finished and we took them on the ride Living with the land.
When we came out from this ride his family was just arriving at the table.
Now I figure he was sitting there for about 40 minutes before his family arrived.
It is people like him that has caused this. :)

The most insane idea ever. If they think for one second I'm not scouting for a table and sitting with my 3 small kids while my husband gets in line and orders our food, they've got another thing coming.

Sorry Disney, deal with it. If you won't allow me to bring in my stroller, and you expect me to to stand in line and hold an infant and carry a tray of food you are STUPID!

Let me know when and where.
I got your back! :thumbsup2

I can understand someone not liking this policy, but I find it very disturbing that people here who are supposed to be people who are supposed to be the ones that appreciate the Cast members are so ready to give a cast member crap.

go complain about the rule to guest services, write letters, post complaints. But don't go to the parks and Give A cast member a hard time and be a butt toward the cast member.

They are just doing their job. Trying to feed their families and give us the Disney magic that we all claim to love.

We all know that one of the main reasons we love Disney over other parks is those wonderful cast members. They deal with cranky, hot, tired, and over demanding people all day and they love us anyway. They want to provide us that pixie dust.

Sometimes they have to enforce a rule regardless of weather its a good rule or bad. They have to conduct traffic control for parades, lines, and now meals during busy times.

Don't disrespect the cast member.

Well I don't know what else to say because anyone would agree that eating during an off time is the best option, because so many tables would be available. However let's say you want to eat around 12:00 PM when the lines are busy and a lot of tables are taken up, how do you know the Cast Members would be enforcing the no saving tables because it's only being done during the busy peak times.

I also agree you should not leave young children by themselves at a table and you order the food, but wouldn't you agree eating at an offtime is the best option because so many tables would be free and it's one thing you don't need to worry about.

I will respectfully disagree that there are two other better options. Table service if you must have a seat as soon as you enter a restaurant is one. The second being if everyone followed the policy then tables would be turned over faster and more people would be able to be seated.

If there are open tables then there would be no need for the policy at all. Disregarding a cast member's instructions not to sit until you have food, well, I don't use flash photography when asked not to either.

If there are more people using the free CS dining there may be an increased need for capacity. It is not like you can leave the property and use the credits at McDonald's.

There is ALWAYS at least a 15 minute wait for Le Cellier but is anyone arguing that they as soon as they walk up they should be seated immediately? Why are people so heated about waiting for a empty table when they do it all the time?

I think first come (with food) first serve is would get more people in and out restaurant faster.

I agree with a PP. Arguing policy with a CM on the ground is inappropriate. Call, write an email but please don't give someone just doing their job grief.

If there are more people using the free CS dining there may be an increased need for capacity. It is not like you can leave the property and use the credits at McDonald's.
Well then I will say again if that does happen then maybe WDW should enforce this policy 365 days a year, because I am willing to bet when it's not enforced there will still be guests who have others in their group save tables.

I agree that maybe they need to increase the capacity rather than chasing people out or not allowing one parent to sit with the children while the other one gets the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter