New sandal! Mion Current! CROCS on steroids, w/ arch support! Better than Crocs!

I had a hard time finding a store that carried Nothinz---but I finally found one about 20 miles away.
DH also does not like Crocs, but we both tried these on and we liked them.
He bought a pair to alternate wear between that and his Nike sandals.
I did not buy a pair because I have my wonderful Mion's, which are just unbelievable.
I think he would have passed out if I had bought another pair of shoes after spending $80 on my Mion's anyway ;)
I tried to talk him into his own pair of Mion's, but he could not bring himself to spend the $$$
So for those of you that do not like Crocs, RockyMtnMaria is right, Nothinz are better. They have a slight arch and a cushier heal than a Croc.

IowaGirl said:
So for those of you that do not like Crocs, RockyMtnMaria is right, Nothinz are better. They have a slight arch and a cushier heal than a Croc.

LOL, so glad to know I am the only one! I've had several family members buy their own Nothinz after trying mine on, but never ran into anyone who had even heard of them!

Just FYI, I actually am very interested in your Mions. I hate tennis shoes, but think this is a lace up shoe I could actually handle wearing. I'll be keeping an eye out for a pair to try on, but probably won't buy any more shoes until fall.

zoomsharedisney said:
So...Crocs vs. Nothinz...I have flat feet. I've had planters warts before. I stand on my feet all day and by the end of the day I can hardly walk. I also have wide feet. I like extra cushioning at my heal but I also need the room in the front for my wide foot. Which shoe would be better? Or does someone have a different idea?

Crocs are wider (I have slightly wide feet and the Nothinz were plenty wide for me) and Nothinz have better heal cushioning. I'd find a store that carries both, and walk around with one of each on!

IowaGirl said:
I just had to tell you about this new sandal!!! :cool1:

Comfy tootsies at Disney cannot be undervalued.

I was at a specialty store here in Iowa called Active Endeavors, and they had a shoe that I love.

It is made by a company called Mion (guy who started KEEN, started this company) and they are like the KEEN sandals, but waaaayy better.

The style I tried on was Mion Current, and they are made of a material like the Crocs, but they have a super cushy liner that goes in the shoe that molds to your foot, with a superb arch support. They are designed for super active water activities--maybe whitewater rafting or something. They were like nothing I have ever had on my feet before. I wear a 9 1/2, and the 9 fit me well. The Guy said they run large.

I do not own Crocs, they are not comfy enough for me. I feel like I can feel the ground through them and there is no arch support. I keep trying them on, in different styles, hoping I can figure out why people think they are great.

There is a Mion slide version as well, with no liner, but they were comfy too. Better than the Croc. Molds to your foot with an arch support.

They are pricey. The Current is about $100 but I had a coupon for this store for $20 off. The slide version is about $80

Check it out! www.mionfootwear.com

You can buy them online at Zappos, and the usual shoe suspects!

Thanks for the info. I have been a Keen wearer for 3 years now & own many different styles for year round wear. My Newports have made LOTS of WDW trips with me. I ordered the Mion slide style from Zappos and they arrived today. I HATE the look of Crocs (plus....I wear a size 11 and look like Bozo in them) the Mions fit OK and my feet don't look like boats at least. ;) I need to take the time to adjust the laces & wear them around the house a bit more and decide if I like them. Just not sure - there isn't much shoe to them at all!! I like the color combo - I ordered the denim blue w/hot pink sole and insole. Love hot pink!

I actually have kind of become a Chaco convert for my WDW trips because they have the best arch support and that is what seems to be the key for me having happy, comfy feet and body - I need that nice arch support. I totally agree that for a WDW trip comfy feet is a necessity. :sunny:

Thanks for letting us all know about this new discovery, though. I am forever looking for that perfect shoe, LOL.

Lives4Disney :)

Hey, Thanks for all the great tips on shoes to waer at WDW. Why didn't I put this much thought into what shoes to wear on my last trip? RockyMtnMaria, when in Sept are you going? We will be at Pop in Sept also!!
PS... Lives4Disney, what type of Chaco shoes did you buy?

I found NothinZ last night at www.shoes.com, free shipping!! They definitely look more wearable than crocs...not so wide and clownish looking...I'm so torn!!! Comfy feet are a top priority...but ugly shoes go against my nature!! What to do?! ;)

keilani5 said:
Hey, Thanks for all the great tips on shoes to waer at WDW. Why didn't I put this much thought into what shoes to wear on my last trip? RockyMtnMaria, when in Sept are you going? We will be at Pop in Sept also!!
PS... Lives4Disney, what type of Chaco shoes did you buy?

I bought both the Terreno Z1 and Z2 sandals. They are wonderful. I broke my toe (oooh!) during my March visit to WDW and the ONLY shoes I could wear comfortably were my Z1s and my big old Birkenstock Arizonas. I now wear my Chaco Z/1s whenever I go for my daily powerwalks at home. They are awesome for me.

The verdict is in on the Mions I bought.......my daughters HATE the way they look. My DH was interested enough to slip them on his feet, but he didn't think they gave much support for him. He's going to stick with his Keen Newport H2O for our July trip. I think the Mions are pretty ugly and I know they don't have the support my Chacos have. They will be going back to Zappos. :guilty: I don't think they are made to support your foot while walking. Just don't seem to be - maybe I am wrong, but they are probably great for water sports but for walking/standing all day I need excellent support or I ache. ;)

Lives4Disney :)

Hey OP, these sandals were featured on the Today show this week. She raved about them (I forgot what the segment was about though; maybe Father's Day gifts??) and did say they were $100 but she said they were waterproof and very comfy.

I'll have to find them in a store and give them a try!

Hi Ya'll!

It's great to read all the different opinions! I've tried Crocs and they dont offer the support my back needs (it's fused...) I mostly wear Keens (sad - too expensive :guilty: but you have to do what you have to do when you have a birth defect like mine.) I was sorry to hear the Mions (sp?) didn't work for you Lives4Disney, but still glad to read your repot....now I can,t decide if I should give it a shot. Probably will stick with my Keens - sometimes I just sit and think "what if no one had never invented them?!!!!" (I guess I wouldn't be planning the next trip to Disney then huh?!) There's a tag for me!!! " Without her Keen Newports she'd be Disneyless!!" Thanks to all you shoe reporters! Keep up the foot work!

keilani5 said:
RockyMtnMaria, when in Sept are you going? We will be at Pop in Sept also!!QUOTE]

We will be there the first full week in Sept. And then dh and I will be in Austin TX the second week. The children will stay with grandma while dh and I mix business with pleasure, lol. He is going for training and I am tagging along.

80 days to get ourselves in better shape for the walking and heat! It was 98 here the other day, and 87 in Orlando at the same time. But the heat index was identical, lol. The humidity has been hovering in the single digits lately.

Was just at Payless and their Airwalks now have a Keen knock off- Ive tried Keens on and these seem the same---only they cost $25 bucks!

I posted a seperate thread reporting on these sandals, and I loved them!
The sandals went with me 5 theme parks days in a row, and were wonderful.
DH never wore his Nothinz, couldn't bring himself to wear them :rolleyes:
My whole family had blisters because they did not want ugly shoes like Mom, but I was blister free, and my feet did not hurt (they were tired---but not anything you can do about that except rent a mobility chair!)

I really did not see many adults wearing Crocs--I thought I would see them like crazy after reading these boards. Either at Disney or Universal, did not see many people wearing them.

What I was surprised to see A LOT of was thin, cheap rubber flip flops.
How in the world can anyone walk all day in those things? Teenagers and women, it seemed to be the poplular shoe fo choice. I would have died...

I did run into one family that the parents had on Keens, and their daughter had the Mion current on, she was very happy with her shoes as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter