New questions about Galaxy's Edge day

Cara

DIS Veteran
Hello! I'm back and finalizing my plans for a Galaxy's Edge-focused day for my husband. I have a couple of follow-up questions. I already purchased Genie+ when I bought our tickets, and I am planning to purchase the ILL for Rise. We're heading back to Disneyland for one more day later in the week.

For this Galaxy's Edge focused day (probably 8 a.m. to 5ish p.m., as my husband will need to leave then to get ready for a meeting), does it make sense to hit another attraction or two at rope drop (maybe Indiana Jones and perhaps something else) before we head back to experience all that Star Wars has to offer? Here's what's on the agenda time-wise:

Plan to mobile order lunch at Docking Bay 7
Savi 1:50 p.m.
Droid Depot 2:50 p.m.
Oga's Cantina for a drink at 3:50 p.m.

During our time here, we'll want to have some time to look around and ride Smuggler's Run, Rise and Star Tours.

However, would you hit another ride or two on the way into the park before we hit Galaxy's Edge? Or would you prioritize the rides in GE (and in what order?).

Thanks!

Yes, 8-5 in Galaxy's Edge sounds like a long day. At the very least, I would hit Tomorrowland and do Star Tours and Space Mountain. Right now Space Mountain has a Star Wars overlay (Hyperspace Mountain) and you can also see Captan Phasma/Stormtroopers and do a photo opportunity on Boba Fett's throne. Not sure how many of those thngs will still be there when you go, but worth checking out! Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland also often has some Star Wars themed things.

On our Star Wars morning, we rope dropped Millenium Falcon and skipped Rise. The line was already 45 minutes as we didn't run like all the other heathens. We booked a ILL for Rise around 9am but the ride went down and we finally got on after our Oga's reservation at 11am. We rode MF twice then went to have breakfast at Ronto Roasters. Since Rise was still down and we didn't want to miss our Oga's reservation, we walked over to Big Thunder and rode it with a Genie+ pass.

I completely understand how you are spending the whole afternoon in Galaxy's Edge, but it will not take four hours to do all of the rides (there are only two of them and shopping/browsing in that area). The stores are tiny. You will have time to do other rides in the morning or at some point before your reservations.

I would used Genie+ to its best ability and book as many rides throughout the day as you want to/can, then go ride them in between your Galaxy's Edge activities. It won't take long to pop over to ride Space or Indy or Big Thunder or Splash or whatever you want to ride then return to Galaxy's Edge.

I love love love Galaxy's Edge but I think it would be overkill to spend eight straight hours in the land.

I would used Genie+ to its best ability and book as many rides throughout the day as you want to/can, then go ride them in between your Galaxy's Edge activities. It won't take long to pop over to ride Space or Indy or Big Thunder or Splash or whatever you want to ride then return to Galaxy's Edge.

I love love love Galaxy's Edge but I think it would be overkill to spend eight straight hours in the land.
It doesn't take long, but it's a walk. We did a bunch of walks like this at my last trip and ended up exhausted.

I'd go to Galaxy's Edge first and do everything you want there, since it will feel more like a themed day. It isn't a huge land, but there are alot of neat things to check out and you could easily spend a few hours there, especially with your dining plans. Afterwards you could go to Tomorrowland and do Star Tours and Space Mountain. If you're able to, you could then go back to Galaxy's edge and do those rides again.

There is a Star wars store in Downtown Disney that you could check out, too. It's on the Disneyland Hotel end of Downtown Disney.
We really enjoyed Driod Depot and we're trying Savi's next time.

Have fun! Or should I say..... May The Spires Keep You.

We'll take a stab at rope dropping Rise or Smuggler's Run if that is unsuccessful. Also have Genie+ for Smuggler's and willing to purchase ILL for a ride on Rise if needed. Thanks!

If you rope drop Millenium Falcon, you can get on once or twice walk on and then use a LL for it later as well. There's only one mission but you can try out the different positions each time. Pilot is tough and stressful until you get the hang of it. Copilot gets to pull the hyperspace level which is fun. Gunner is fun since it's pushing buttons. Engineer gets the best vantage point since you can watch from the back but do your part when needed. DD14 loved being a pilot. DW loved being a gunner. DD12 loved being an engineer.

The Ronta Wrap at Ronto Roasters is a really good breakfast.

Can you still carry your Savi's lightsaber (in the sheath from Savi's) onto rides? We don't want to take them back to the room or ship home and they don't fit in lockers. We heard that you couldn't have lightsabers in the parks anymore but I am guessing that means having them out of their sheaths and weilding them. Does anyone know?

Can you still carry your Savi's lightsaber (in the sheath from Savi's) onto rides? We don't want to take them back to the room or ship home and they don't fit in lockers. We heard that you couldn't have lightsabers in the parks anymore but I am guessing that means having them out of their sheaths and weilding them. Does anyone know?
I don’t know what the official rule is but I see them in the parks (outside Galaxy’s Edge) all the time, especially at night.

I don’t know what the official rule is but I see them in the parks (outside Galaxy’s Edge) all the time, especially at night.
Thanks. That helps. I really thought that might be the case. Have you seen guests take them on ROTR or MFSR in Galaxy's Edge? I've seen youtube videos where they do this but most are kinda old.

They fit in the largest lockers outside in the Esplanade area. DH left his out there so he wouldn’t have to carry it all day.

I would purchase the ILL for Rise, and try to Genie+ Smuggler's Run. I would try to rope drop ROTR as a Star Wars fan is going to want to ride that more than once if at all possible. If you don't make that before the line gets huge or after that, I would head to Smuggler's Run and do that standby if the line hasn't built up too long yet. (I don't know how much of the queue Genie + cuts out as it didn't exist either time we visited GE- the first week it was open and last October). DH and DD like to do SR one more than once- and you never know what seat you are going to get. I would let him spend as much time as he wants in the morning browsing the stores and viewing the characters- then I would head out to Tomorrowland for Star Tours (since that is on your list) and maybe also to other parts of the park a bit until you are ready for lunch- giving yourselves time to eat before Savi. You can pick a time to mobile order in advance-- but I would also note that last October when the parks were crowded we had no trouble walking up to the Star Wars quick service.

Also-- on your other day at DL-- unless you are over at CA in the evening-- you might want to head over to GE in the evening. The area is really pretty at night and in our experience also pretty empty. ROTR typically closes early, but the line for SR can be short. We went over there 2 nights and the SR line got as low as walk on and was mostly under 10 minutes. When the line built up a bit (to 15-20 minutes), single rider was still walk on. I don't even know how many times DD and DH did SR. DH had enough and quit and DD kept getting back in the single rider line. We also noticed that both nights were were there later in the evening (we had Oga's reservations for those nights), Oga's was talking walk ups even though the app said the walk up list was full. We really enjoy that area at night.

It looks like the blade alone is 31 inches. It looks like the largest locker outside DHS is 29 inches unless there are new lockers.

Pre-covid, my DH bought a lightsaber at Savi’s at DLR and left it in the largest lockers outside DL in the Esplanade. He took the handle off the blade and it fit diagonally. Unless they have changed the lockers, a Savi’s saber should fit.

8 hours in GE? I don't think I've even cumulatively spent 8 hours there since it opened.

I think you can do better with your park time by NOT rope dropping GE. Go to Tomorrowland instead and focus on the Star Wars stuff there (Hyperspace Mtn, photo ops with Darth Vader, Star Tours) while crowds are all in GE. Buy your ILL for Rise around 11 or noon, make your Smugglers Run reservation to overlap. Do them in succession. After you do those, have your lunch, then move into your other plans. Pop into the shops "in between." The land is not that big. You will run into all the characters easily just being in the land for at least an hour. They rotate.

At least in the Galaxy’s Edge area, I saw several people dueling with light sabers (especially in the tunnels) over this past week. I also saw people with their light sabers out and posing for photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!