New procedure for ordering magic bands?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We want to customize our magic bands for our upcoming hotel stay. We don't want to upgrade the bands, and will just order the free bands. This is my first time doing it since the procedure has changed with the upgraded magic bands. We've selected our colours. Now I'm being prompted to provide an address for shipping the bands. There's a default Texas address listed for whatever reason. With the old system, we would just enter our Canadian address, but there was a message that the bands would be shipped to our hotel because we're Canadian. Now, I'm not getting that message anymore. Do I have to enter the address of the hotel (and replace the Texas address)? Or, do I add my Canadian address, and just hope that the system will know to send it to my Disney hotel? If anyone has ordered magic bands since the customizing procedure changed, I'd love to hear of your experience.

Have you booked with a TA? That TX address might be the TA’s. I would change to your Canadian address.

Thanks to you both. It's an Expedia reservation, so maybe it's the address of the Expedia headquarters. I'll switch it to my Canadian address. Thanks!!

So now I have another problem. The system is not allowing me to change the address to my Canadian address. It says that magic bands are only mailed to USA addresses, so it's not possible to even insert a Canadian address. This must be a problem now for all Canadians who book through a travel agency, and get an American address associated with the reservation. Previously, you could enter your Canadian address. Then, you'd get a message saying that magic bands won't be mailed to us, but will be shipped to the hotel instead. Now, I can't enter my Canadian address at all.

Perhaps you need to update your address on your account before ordering the bands? I know when I used a TA it would change my home address on MDE to the TA's in the US. I'd have to update that so it didn't sent my bands to her. I have not tried to order the bands since the upgrades though, I wanted to but they sold out so fast I figured I could wait, it still shows the colour I chose so we'll see what happens I guess. Kiddo would love a fancy one, but I'm nervous to order too early so waiting to see what happens! Good luck.

Thanks! My address in MDE is still showing as my Canadian address. It's just when I try to order my magic bands that I'm seeing this Texas address. I even tried to change it to my hotel address since it's American, but the system is complaining that the zip code format is incorrect!! Ahhh! It's just a 5 digit zipcode, so how could the format be incorrect? I've checked and rechecked that I'm using the correct address. I'm so beyond frustrated. I hate having to call and pay long distance fees, but I think I'm going to have to do it. I'm just puzzled why I haven't read anything about this new problem since the new bands were introduced, and the customization process changed. Wouldn't every foreigner have this problem now if they booked through a travel agency? Anyone know what number I should call?

Use Google Hangout app to call long-distance without paying any long-distance fees.

You could try this number 800-328-0327
Apparently it's from the packing slips for some of the orders, so maybe they can help with the order?

I was able to order bands since they changed. It still tells me my bands will be waiting for me at my resort.

Sorry, unable to help with the TX address option.

One thing I encountered that I wanted to share with others if they offer more 'upcharge' bands. Our trip is in September. The day the upcharge bands released I ordered one for my DD but chose just a regular coloured band for myself. I paid for her band.

Later that evening I attempted to go in and order a personalized band for myself but our order for both bands was already in progress and I could not change my plain band to an upcharge one. That was disappointing. I tried the next day but with the same results.

All this to say, I'm not sure if there is still an option to change the colour of a plain band once the order is placed. In the past we could change our bands right up until the deadline for ordering date.

Not being able to change the coloured bands is a little annoying... my son is indecisive and changes his mind constantly on which colour he wants. I will have to wait and choose right before the end of our window I guess, no changing your mind after that! My trip is end of August so I am waiting to order, and hoping we'll be able to do the "fancy" ones, but if not I have stickers I ordered as soon as I booked the trip we can add to our plain bands. I have to say, this does not seem to have been handled very well by Disney!

I had trouble ordering the new upgrade bands, but I did it through my computer not my phone or tablet. For a while they weren't showing in my account. I guess due to the overload on the website. We are going in Sept. I ordered the bands we wanted , got my confirmation, being process and would be mailed to my home. They are showing up on the my Disney experience now. As far as I know I think there was a message stating overwhelm response on ordering the upgrade and are trying to get more bands in.

I had trouble ordering the new upgrade bands, but I did it through my computer not my phone or tablet. For a while they weren't showing in my account. I guess due to the overload on the website. We are going in Sept. I ordered the bands we wanted , got my confirmation, being process and would be mailed to my home. They are showing up on the my Disney experience now. As far as I know I think there was a message stating overwhelm response on ordering the upgrade and are trying to get more bands in.

To a Canadian address? I ordered the first day. Received confirmation & when it was processed, received message e-mail “your magicband package will be waiting for you at your Disney Resort hotel.”

To the OP, when you order through a third party, their address is on your reservation. I booked through undercover tourist and used other agencies in the past. Upon confirmation, I immediately go into my account and double check the address. When I did the magicband order this time, it was already showing my proper cdn address. I would call in & make sure Disney sees your address on the booking - not just your account. :confused3

The TX address you are seeing is for sure Expedia. I've booked through Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline and their address is what is on the reservation as they own it until the point you check in. If you don't remove that TX address that is where the bands will be shipped and you won't be able to get more at the resort.

I saw on another thread about someone ordering specialty magic bands that they had to log on in a computer, and changed the cad English (at the top of the screen) to us English. I wonder if you need to do the reverse to order your regular magic bands to your hotel? Just a thought.

I saw on another thread about someone ordering specialty magic bands that they had to log on in a computer, and changed the cad English (at the top of the screen) to us English. I wonder if you need to do the reverse to order your regular magic bands to your hotel? Just a thought.
They are sold out and haven't restocked yet.

Hi all! We want to customize our magic bands for our upcoming hotel stay. We don't want to upgrade the bands, and will just order the free bands. This is my first time doing it since the procedure has changed with the upgraded magic bands. We've selected our colours. Now I'm being prompted to provide an address for shipping the bands. There's a default Texas address listed for whatever reason. With the old system, we would just enter our Canadian address, but there was a message that the bands would be shipped to our hotel because we're Canadian. Now, I'm not getting that message anymore. Do I have to enter the address of the hotel (and replace the Texas address)? Or, do I add my Canadian address, and just hope that the system will know to send it to my Disney hotel? If anyone has ordered magic bands since the customizing procedure changed, I'd love to hear of your experience.

OP, have you been able to fix this issue? I'm having the exact same issue ― TX address in shipping, can't change to Canadian one to get the 'Ship to Resort' prompt, and my profile address is already set correctly to my Canadian address. Haven't been able to find a working solution online yet!

Hmm, the issue resolved itself for me. I had another reservation booked through an American travel agency. When I went to customize magic bands for that hotel stay, the system recognized that I am Canadian and the magic bands were shipped to the hotel. I don't think I did anything to make it happen. So sorry you're having issues. I wish I had some advice. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful. Good luck!!

Thanks! My address in MDE is still showing as my Canadian address. It's just when I try to order my magic bands that I'm seeing this Texas address. I even tried to change it to my hotel address since it's American, but the system is complaining that the zip code format is incorrect!! Ahhh! It's just a 5 digit zipcode, so how could the format be incorrect? I've checked and rechecked that I'm using the correct address. I'm so beyond frustrated. I hate having to call and pay long distance fees, but I think I'm going to have to do it. I'm just puzzled why I haven't read anything about this new problem since the new bands were introduced, and the customization process changed. Wouldn't every foreigner have this problem now if they booked through a travel agency? Anyone know what number I should call?
Next time you have an issue use the chat, rather than call.

We had this exact issue after we booked a room through orbitz, through chat they fixed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!