New Premium Annual Pass discount, But..

Thanks! That stinks. Was thinking about going on a cruise in April for school break, maybe we'll stop by for a day and upgrade??or just go to WDW for spring break??

If you are going to be at WDW between 2/6 and 4/30/2014, you can upgrade and pay the difference between the retail price of AP ($464 plus tax) you have and the promo price of the PAP. The expiration date will stay the same.

You can only upgrade in person at WDW.

Is this also true of non-activated vouchers?

Is this also true of non-activated vouchers?

As long as the price paid for the AP you have the voucher for is less than the price of the pass you want, they should be able to apply the value towards the purchase. Not sure if they will have to issue the AP first and then do the upgrade, or if they can just apply the value towards the PAP.

My MIL lives in FL. If I send her my tix, can she upgrade it for me by paying the difference?

My MIL lives in FL. If I send her my tix, can she upgrade it for me by paying the difference?

Not unless she is a DVC member buying her own AP with that ticket. Only DVC members with ID and their immediate family (in the same house) can purchase DVC APs.

WDW APs can be used to upgrade to the Premier Pass, but keep in mind that if your AP is active, the Premier Pass expiration date will match that...

No, my APs are not active, but I will not be in the parks in person to upgrade during this promotion.

If you are going to be at WDW between 2/6 and 4/30/2014, you can upgrade and pay the difference between the retail price of AP ($464 plus tax) you have and the promo price of the PAP. The expiration date will stay the same.

Thats the part that seems unfair, I am not local to WDW, and my trip is not until May, so I cannot upgrade my 2 DVC AP vouchers (not activated) for this offer.

I WILL be at DL, but I don't think they could upgrade my WDW AP vouchers to Premiers, either?

Thats the part that seems unfair, I am not local to WDW, and my trip is not until May, so I cannot upgrade my 2 DVC AP vouchers (not activated) for this offer. I WILL be at DL, but I don't think they could upgrade my WDW AP vouchers to Premiers, either?

You could always save the vouchers you have for future years and then purchase the new discounted PAPs for this year..

Somewhat related question, if I buy vouchers I assume I have to wait to get onsite to link them to my MagicBand, reserve FastPasses, etc correct?

Going in October and the trip is long enough that the PAP isn't that much more than regular park hopper passes for my stay.

Well this is a huge bummer. I was really excited that DVC was FINALLY giving a discount for the Premier APs, and we were initially planning our DLR trip for April. We've decided to go May 7th-11th instead (because crowds should be way lower by then), so we are going to miss the promotion by a week or so.

I don't understand why they can't issue a voucher for Premiers if you buy them over the phone? I understand they need to give the actual ticket AT the parks, but I am not understanding why you can't purchase a voucher, then turn it in upon arrival?

A bit lame considering all other APs can be purchased over the phone/are given a voucher... and this is the most expensive AP of them all. I'm not really understanding the thinking process behind this.

If we can't physically be there from Feb-April, I would think they'd extend the dates for those who want to purchase the Premier Annual Passport then...

Well this is a huge bummer. I was really excited that DVC was FINALLY giving a discount for the Premier APs, and we were initially planning our DLR trip for April. We've decided to go May 7th-11th instead (because crowds should be way lower by then), so we are going to miss the promotion by a week or so.

I don't understand why they can't issue a voucher for Premiers if you buy them over the phone? I understand they need to give the actual ticket AT the parks, but I am not understanding why you can't purchase a voucher, then turn it in upon arrival?

A bit lame considering all other APs can be purchased over the phone/are given a voucher... and this is the most expensive AP of them all. I'm not really understanding the thinking process behind this.

If we can't physically be there from Feb-April, I would think they'd extend the dates for those who want to purchase the Premier Annual Passport then...

Are you referring to renewals or initial purchase of the PAP?

I thought we could purchase the new PAP at a discounted rate on February 6th as a will call?

We have to physically be at WDW to purchase these PAP's? :confused3
I was hoping to link MDE and FP plus before I arrive.....in two weeks.

Are you referring to renewals or initial purchase of the PAP?

I thought we could purchase the new PAP at a discounted rate on February 6th as a will call?

We have to physically be at WDW to purchase these PAP's? :confused3
I was hoping to link MDE and FP plus before I arrive.....in two weeks.

Thanks, found the answer.

To purchase the Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass, Members can visit the online Ticket Store (available February 6th), call Member Services at (800) ******** or (407)566-3800, or visit any Walt Disney World Vacation Planning or Guest Relations window. But hurry, this special Member pricing is only available until April 30, 2014.

No way to upgrade unless at WDW in person huh? I just bought our passes on Jan. 20.

Are you referring to renewals or initial purchase of the PAP? I thought we could purchase the new PAP at a discounted rate on February 6th as a will call? We have to physically be at WDW to purchase these PAP's? :confused3 I was hoping to link MDE and FP plus before I arrive.....in two weeks.
Premium can be ordered via voucher
Premier cannot be

No way to upgrade unless at WDW in person huh? I just bought our passes on Jan. 20.

WDW stopped allowing upgrades by phone or e-mail on 8/1/2011. Now all upgrades must be done at a park ticket window or guest relations location at WDW.

Thanks, found the answer.

To purchase the Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass, Members can visit the online Ticket Store (available February 6th), call Member Services at (800) ******** or (407)566-3800, or visit any Walt Disney World Vacation Planning or Guest Relations window. But hurry, this special Member pricing is only available until April 30, 2014.

I'm talking about the Premier APs, not the Premiums. Premiers are the one that gets you into all US Disney parks. Normal APs for the individual parks can be purchased online, but the Premiers have always had to be purchased AT the park in person.

The issue with this is that they're giving people who want to buy Premier APs with the DVC discount a VERY short window of time to have to be in the parks to buy the AP.

Meanwhile, everyone else gets to call and buy their APs on the phone? Doesn't seem right to me, and I don't think they thought this through.

For Premier APs, they either need to allow people to buy a voucher over the phone during this time period, or extend the dates for the promotion JUST for Premiers.

I'd gladly buy mine over the phone in February and activate it during our trip in May, but apparently that's not an option and seems pretty silly. I'd think it'd dissuade people from buying the Premier APs if they're DVC members going on a trip after April 30th.

Stupid oversight. Whoever made the offer/plan wasn't aware of all the caveats.

I called Member Services where they confirmed the Premier Annual Pass could only be purchased AT the parks, not over the phone. This is a rule that Ticket Services implemented and DVC has nothing to do with that/has no say over that.

I asked to speak with someone who I could give further feedback to. After waiting a bit, I ended up on the phone with a manager named I BELIEVE Marty (or maybe Marnie). She was very kind and listened to my feedback, which was basically saying that DVC marketing clearly overlooked Premier APs and how they must be purchased.

I also said that I understand the Ticket Services has its rules, but then DVC should have considered extending the dates for Premier APs because they are the ONLY Annual Pass that have to be bought in the parks.

She actually agreed with me and thought the discount should be year-round. I also pointed out that most DVC members plan their trips out 7-11 months in advance, so how can they expect us to be in the parks from February-April when we've already planned/booked our trips for the year? It makes no sense and to me, is very clearly something DVC/marketing didn't take into consideration with this promotion.

I told her I would LOVE to buy my AP over the phone come February 6th, but I can't because of how Premiers work. She was going to put my feedback into a specific section regarding Membership Magic, and said the more people who say something, the more likely someone will maybe notice. I said I might end up being the only person who says something, but if ONE person in the corporate office sees it... she said you never know.

I'd say the only solution at this point is for DVC to extend the promotion for Premier APs only. Obviously Ticket Services isn't going to change how Premier APs can be bought.

But I'm not holding my breath on anything being changed. It's really a shame though and again, really disappointing... especially since we miss the April 30th deadline by a week.

I have a hunch that the time frame on the purchase window came down through an accountant in Disney corporate. Chances are it has to do with meeting some numbers by a certain date.

As to the differences between buying online/on phone to buying in person, that's strictly ticketing's call and most likely has to do with deterring fraud. As happens when they do away with most conveniences, someone found a way to put one over on Disney, and they clamped down.

Just checking because it's been awhile since I've had AP's.

If we activate an AP on March 15th 2014..it expires when? Midnight March 14th 2015?

Also, what if our daughter turns 10 March 1st, 2015? Can we still use it until the AP's expiration date?

facebook twitter