New policy on waitlists

dclfun

DIS Veteran
Maybe I haven't done this in awhile, but I was surprised that if we have an existing ressie, we are no longer able to waitlist each day separately. MS told me that many people were doing this, then when all the days didn't come through they were cx and thus affecting other members. I had wanted AKL concierge for a week in September and instead had booked a value studio as my second choice. I was willing to wtl any of the days for concierge but instead had to wtl the whole vacation. I figure I have much less likelihood of it all coming through than a partial ressie and I don't mind switching rooms- oh well, at least I have something. Anyway I got my AKL concierge ressie for a week in December by calling right at 11 months out. I guess people are also no longer able to "walk" a ressie either which probably helped. I was very relieved to hear that and thrilled to get exactly what we wanted. I can't complain- I have so much to look forward to in 2009, all thanks to DVC!---Kathy

The waitlist rule changed when they changed the rule from check-out date to check-in date (11 or 7 months).

I hadn't heard that they are no longer allowing walking.

Glad to hear you got your reservation!

Who said we are no longer allowed to walk reservations? I haven't done so, but I also have not read anything about it not being allowed officially.

I just read this weekend on the thread posting December reservations that several folks did walk their reservation. I didn't, but still managed to get what I wanted.

I was told that members could add days to a ressie but not move the whole ressie forward by a day, thus "walking" to the days that were actually wanted to start with and preventing another member from getting a htf ressie.---Kathy

I was told that members could add days to a ressie but not move the whole ressie forward by a day, thus "walking" to the days that were actually wanted to start with and preventing another member from getting a htf ressie.---Kathy

OT, I like that pic of Skye 'n Snow White. :goodvibes

OT, I like that pic of Skye 'n Snow White. :goodvibes

Thanks! Skye and I had only been together for a few months. Snow White got down so she could take a photo and Skye, for some reason, liked her ALOT! She was doing all she could to maintain her "sit" while being as close to Snow White as possible. I commend Snow White for maintaining her composure!---Kathy

I was one of those who ended up walking my reservation. Tried to book 12/3 - 12/10 in a SV studio at BWV. Although I called on 1/3, I didn't call until about 1 pm and it was sold out. I called back on 1/4, booked 12/4 to 12/11 and waitlisted for 12/3.

Since we need to make the trip over a weekend, I decided to go the 2nd weekend in Dec instead of the first. I called back on 1/9 and cancelled the WL for 12/3 and the reservations for 12/4-8 and added 12/11 to 12/16.

I had no issue with cancelling some days and adding others. So walking is alive and well. -- Suzanne

I think it's a shame that people are allowed to walk a ressie- IMO it does more harm than good to the majority of us. Fortunately I called right when MS opened and got exactly what I wanted which was to start my stay on a Friday. I'm sure if I called two days later to start my stay on a Sunday it would have already been waitlisted. I would then resent people who had reserved their stay starting on Friday or earlier with all intents to cx those first two days, only to get exactly what they wanted, which would then be Sun-Thurs while someone waiting til exactly 11 months out would be out of luck. They would have been the ones doing the right thing, and those who walked their ressie to those days would have cheated the system. I was told directly that guests cannot move a resssie forward and can only add days on to an existing one to lengthen their stay. To the PP, you were only changing your travel dates because you couldn't get what you originally wanted- not the same thing IMO.---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter