New Pin Code!!

I have a question about the room discount PIN's

I am waiting for the free dining for end of november.
I am running my dates through all the previous promos: FD, 4/3, room only discount...and going crazy!
right now we are booked room only at all star family suites.
I think that the room only discounts dont even apply to the family suite.

I need input on the following thoughts....
If we booked a pin with 20% off the room(s) and then later on FD came up and we booked that, the room would go back up to rack rate, we add passes and then the dining is free, right?

I guess what Im trying to figure out is that free dining is probably going to be the best discount you get, followed by buy 4, get 3 and then maybe the gift card, with the room only discount being last.
do you agree?

Amy

I called hoping that this pin was attached to my name - no luck just the QSDP pin good through July 3rd (which I never received an email about). I swear Disney only sends me pins for times of the year that I don't ever travel.

I received the latest email with 30% off value which I applied to the room only part of our travel in May! I was already booked using a different pin. I can't understand why they continue sending pins to the people who have already booked with one, but not to those who are endlessly waiting for one and may not go at all without it. I wish I could pass my extras along. It doesn't make much sense how they go about it. I was already going and now I'm saving even more, thus paying them less. Not complaining, just questioning... Good luck to all those waiting. I haven't done anything in the past few months that would give me a better chance at this. :confused3

I have a question about the room discount PIN's

I am waiting for the free dining for end of november.
I am running my dates through all the previous promos: FD, 4/3, room only discount...and going crazy!
right now we are booked room only at all star family suites.
I think that the room only discounts dont even apply to the family suite.

I need input on the following thoughts....
If we booked a pin with 20% off the room(s) and then later on FD came up and we booked that, the room would go back up to rack rate, we add passes and then the dining is free, right?

I guess what Im trying to figure out is that free dining is probably going to be the best discount you get, followed by buy 4, get 3 and then maybe the gift card, with the room only discount being last.
do you agree?

Amy

Amy, I think it would depend on how many people are in your party as to whether the free dining would be a better discount for you.

You said you are getting 20% off of your room, are you staying at a value? If so you can get 25% using disney's current promo valid for stays most nights now to 3/27/10 and 4/11-8/14/10.

I would not rely on the 4/3 deal so much since there is no word if it will be released again or not.

I would recommend making a list of what you think you would spend on dining for the time that your party will be @ Disney and then compare it to getting free dining vs. what you would pay with a room only discount.

I hope this helps! :cool2:

:sad2:
I received the latest email with 30% off value which I applied to the room only part of our travel in May! I was already booked using a different pin. I can't understand why they continue sending pins to the people who have already booked with one, but not to those who are endlessly waiting for one and may not go at all without it. I wish I could pass my extras along. It doesn't make much sense how they go about it. I was already going and now I'm saving even more, thus paying them less. Not complaining, just questioning... Good luck to all those waiting. I haven't done anything in the past few months that would give me a better chance at this. :confused3

I wish I could pass some of the pins I have received to someone who really needs it! After I booked, I still received them! :sad2:

Hey everyone, I just received this pin last night. There is no book by date and I think the dates are extended. Just wanted to make you guys aware of this one if you aren't already. I saved vacations on the website for about 2 weeks and got this last night at 5pm!

We're so excited to hear you're thinking about taking a Walt Disney World® Resort vacation—spring is a beautiful time to gather with the people who make you the happiest here at the place where dreams come true! And now, we're making it easier than ever for you to magnify life's special moments in wonderful Disney style. Moments like birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, personal triumphs and promising new beginnings. So when you join us this spring, the hardest thing you'll have to decide is: "What will you celebrate?"

Save 30%* at Select Disney Value Resorts
Save 35%* at Select Disney Moderate Resorts
Save 40%* at Select Disney Deluxe Resorts

For stays most nights 4/11–7/1/10, 7/5–10/7/10,
10/11–11/23/10 and 11/28–12/16/10.

Ask about great savings at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, too!

*The number of rooms available at these savings is limited. Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room (excluding Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts). No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable. Excludes suites and campsites.

what dates were you using for you trip?

Amy, I think it would depend on how many people are in your party as to whether the free dining would be a better discount for you.

You said you are getting 20% off of your room, are you staying at a value? If so you can get 25% using disney's current promo valid for stays most nights now to 3/27/10 and 4/11-8/14/10.

I would not rely on the 4/3 deal so much since there is no word if it will be released again or not.

I would recommend making a list of what you think you would spend on dining for the time that your party will be @ Disney and then compare it to getting free dining vs. what you would pay with a room only discount.

I hope this helps! :cool2:
we are doing value family suites, but in November.
we do have 4 adults, 1 child and 1 baby, so free dining will probably be the best discount for us.
we will wait and see.....

I have received the same pin twice in the last week. Tried to apply it to my CL GV room at the Poly but all of those rooms that a pin could be applied to were taken. So I had to ;) upgrade my room to CL TPV. I am now paying the same amount for what I was paying for my original CL GV.

what did you do to get the pins? anything differnt?

Good to know codes are still coming out. We are hoping for FD in September, but we are going regardless!

I'm sorry to be a little dense, but I'm trying to use the Disney site to book a stay near Easter (say April 2-6 or 7) and have the PNY general code, but don't see anywhere to insert it on the site. I asked Disney online help and they said it wasn't needed as the prices were already discounted. I did not find that to be the case. I'm reading as many of the posts as I can find relating to codes and reservations, but if anyone has a quick bit of advice, that would be great!

We stayed off-premises the last two times as we were just there for the Marathon and then the Princess Half marathon, but this time we are bringing the kids. Monorail would be great (Polynesian our favorite) but with our finances in this economy, the Dalmatian building at the Move Resort may be all we can hope for. Discounts would indeed help. Sad thing is I had one of the 20/30/40 mailers earlier in the year, but it expired before our kids' break.

Anyway, thanks for the great site. If anyone wants information on the marathon, check out my posts in Dolce's thread, elsewhere on this site. I posted lots of pics and descriptions.

Thanks for any help!:wizard:

Perhaps you should call 407-WDW-STAY (407-939-7829) to book your trip. If the code is valid, they should be able to apply it and note your request (though not guaranteed) for the Dalmation section at ASMovies.

Thank you, 2ofUs, your suggestion did the trick and we are all set to go, with the discount codes. We're going to be able to do five days at All Star Movies (hopefully the Dalmatians) for little more than one day used to cost us before codes at Polynesian with castle view. We decided we are in the room so little it made no sense to waste so much of our trip resources on just the hotel. Hope it is not tooooo cheap, but if its just not good, I guess we can always move.

Thanks again!:wizard:

You are certainly welcome! Our first on-site stay (DH & me) was at All Star Music and we enjoyed it. I also stayed at POP with my adult son for a 10 day visit last September. In both places the rooms are standard motel size with the sink outside the bathroom (great for teeth brushing while another is bathing) though the bathroom is a bit small for my taste, but standard.

There is a small table and a couple of chairs - I used that area in the mornings to do what little make-up I wear. It is also good for paperwork, laptop, or even eating snacks!

The beds were comfortable - but when you are tired most any bed would be, right?

At ASM we had a ground floor room away from the pool that was very quiet; at POP we were on the second floor (only 2 stories high) on the back side which also proved quiet. Your kids might prefer a poolside though.

Depending on where your actual room is, you may have a bit of a walk to the main building to eat or catch the buses, but it really isn't bad. We enjoyed greeting other guests and seeing the ducks, birds and sometimes the rabbits we saw along the way.

If you think you might need a refrigerator for any reason, they charge $10 per night and are often on a "first come" basis, but it is good to know you can ask if you need.

Make sure you allow plenty of transportation time to the parks if you don't have a car. The morning lines can get long and there are a lot of guests that share the buses at the All-Star resorts. Once you check-in, go to the concierge desk (yes, they even have those at value resorts :cool1:) and ask them the bus order - which resort picks up first, 2nd - and how often. They should be able to give you an idea as to what time you need to line up for them.

They can also provide answers to lots of questions you may have being a first time on-site guest. WDW Guest Services are top rate and (in general) bend over backward to assist guests. Being open, friendly and asking with a smile also helps, but I'm sure you already know that!

Enjoy your stay and don't forget to put together at least an outline for each park day - priority rides, fast-pass gathering - and allow for a break time since well-rested kids make for better vacations. As they say "you can't see it all" and that is why we keep going back! :thumbsup2

If I can be of any further assistance or answer any other questions, let me know.

PS: While at ASM, you might ask if Chris Stone is still the GM of Guest Services there. We met him during a stay at Old Key West in 2006 when he worked in Guest Services there. Splendid young man and very helpful. He probably wouldn't rememeber us (or worse yet, he might) but when I had a bit of an anxiety meltdown - unusual for me - he was very patient and worked with us to make sure everything went perfectly. We have tried to keep track of his career and last we knew he was at ASM. So, if you find him, be sure to tell him "Hi" from Pam & Roger Hanson.

We're going to be able to do five days at All Star Movies (hopefully the Dalmatians) :wizard:

JMHO - you may want to consider Pop Century instead of ASM. PC has it's own bus transportation service while all the other Value Resorts share the same bus route. The buses can tend to get a little crowded.

I did the registeration and booked a couple of times but nothing came up. We have have been there too 7 times You'd think they'd be happy for your business and give us codes!!!

I called earlier and was told I have a pin! Very excited but she wouldn't tell me what exactly it was. She just said "a discount pin"...duh... She quoted me for 7 nts for a value 713.57 (I believe with tax) and 1063.63 for a mod. But I'm not sure if it was standard room or what. Should I just call back and ask another CM. She also wasn't very friendly.:confused3 Does anyone have a clue what pin this may be? Oh and she said I could do room only or a package.

I called earlier and was told I have a pin! Very excited but she wouldn't tell me what exactly it was. She just said "a discount pin"...duh... She quoted me for 7 nts for a value 713.57 (I believe with tax) and 1063.63 for a mod. But I'm not sure if it was standard room or what. Should I just call back and ask another CM. She also wasn't very friendly.:confused3 Does anyone have a clue what pin this may be? Oh and she said I could do room only or a package.

when are you going? does that include any tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter