New on the Wonder

we were on a 7 night repo so we were in each MDR twice. And there was live music and "performances" both nights. Different length cruises will have their own "parameters" that determine when there's live music, etc.

we were on a 7 night repo so we were in each MDR twice. And there was live music and "performances" both nights. Different length cruises will have their own "parameters" that determine when there's live music, etc.

Do you know what they do on Pirate's night in Tiana's? Is there music that night?

We are cruising the Wonder to Alaska soon and I am trying to make a Scavenger Hunt ~ I would LOVE LOVE if any of you could share pics, artwork, trivia facts on the ship! I have an older hunt, but since so much has changed on the Wonder, I fear it's not relevant at all so I'm on my own making a new one.

:earboy2:

Re: Wipes: Only outside of Cabanas, not the MDR's

Favorite New Thing: Tiana's Place. We were on a 6 night "partial repo" cruise from Galveston to San Juan (the ship continued on to Port Canaveral). So I don't know how it will be on the shorter sailings until the ship heads for Alaska, but we had two GREAT nights of Music and Food in Tiana's. They did a great job with the renovation (unlike on the Magic where Carioca's still has Parrot Cay in it). Both nights in there it seemed like we had options that were very much themed to Tiana's New Orleans (instead of the usual one specialty menu for each MDR).

Shutters: No "Library" everything is Digital. From a waste standpoint, this is a very good change. From a practical standpoint with all of the water marks they put over your pictures (so you can't just take a picture of their pictures with your camera - I can't believe people did this, but I saw it many times in the past!!) It can make it difficult to tell which picture out of a series is the best.

Not a fan of the new Concierge Lounge. The "divider they put up makes it so that you can't see the concierge guests (this makes sense to me), but they should have just put up a full wall and moved it over 4 or 5 feet closer to the Concierge side instead of "around the corner" and taking away about 25% of the remaining non concierge space (the concierge guests are NOT using that 4-5 foot area to stay out of sight). On the Alaska cruise that I'm taking I intend to block as much view from the concierge lounge as possible. That upper Cove Cafe was a nice place to get out of the cold for a few minutes on Tracy Arm Day, now not so much ('cause there's very little room)

The "Mickey Pool", AquaLab, Twist and Spout area looks really nice. I never wandered there and played when I was up on deck with a swimsuit. Note: the base of the stairs Between Deck 9 and 10 by Pete's Boiler Bites seemed to always have an inch or more of standing water, so if you walking around with sandals ("dressy") or flats, you might want to avoid these stairs.

I don't mind the new light fixture in the Atrium - its, big and red and goes with Arial (like the flower she sticks in her hair in the movie). Much nicer than the abomination that they put in the Magic's Atrium. I do prefer the original Chihuley art / sculpture / fixture from both ships.

I think it's cute what they did on the stairs leading up to BBB - there is a few words on each rise talking about the magical transformation that awaits.

New Carpeting throughout. Most of it looks really nice, some I just don't care for.

Granted, Wavebands was a bit tacky, but the whole Route 66 theme was tacky, but also very fun!! I loved Rt 66 Carpet and the posters! After Hours on the Wonder is the After Hours on the Magic (imagination anyone?!) All of that being said, I do like what they did in changing Wavebands into Azure. They "opened" up the main area - makes it easier for some of the performers. Better than Fathoms on the Magic.

Cadillac Lounge: I love the refreshing they did in here. The seating and tables are nice. I do like the dark "wood" look. We spent a lot of time in here in the evenings listening to the Piano by Aaron L.

Crown and Fin. Unfortunately we did not spend any time in here. I did a quick walk through and thought that the decor was pretty interesting.

My biggest complaint about the re-imagining of the Magic and Wonder is the LACK of Imagination. They are just turning them into Mini - Me's of the Dream / Fantasy. Why do all of the ships need to be the same? :confused3[/QUOT

Amen. Did they fire all the imagineers? There is really very little reason to experience each ship now since they are so similar. Originally they were almost like living beings with each having their own personally and quirks. Now, they are almost 'cookie-cutter'. I prefer variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter