New on the Wonder

I did not see them anywhere else. BTW, get the white chocolate bread pudding instead (or in addition to) the beignets. It is far superior, one of the best dessert of the entire cruise. They are on the same menu.
All the desserts on that menu look awesome, that's one of the reasons I was hoping I could get beignets some other time.

Regarding the handwash station, that's great, as full handwashing is better than just using the wipes. But, I hope that these were not put in as a replacement for the CM's handing out wipes to everyone as they enter. Because of that, almost every guest at least used the wipes. If they replace that person with the sinks (even if wipes are still readily available via self service), I think that far too many people will be entering having used neither wipes nor the sink.

All the desserts on that menu look awesome, that's one of the reasons I was hoping I could get beignets some other time.

We're probably booking the Wonder for next February when we're on the Fantasy next week. Very excited to experience Tiana's.

Regarding the handwash station, that's great, as full handwashing is better than just using the wipes. But, I hope that these were not put in as a replacement for the CM's handing out wipes to everyone as they enter. Because of that, almost every guest at least used the wipes. If they replace that person with the sinks (even if wipes are still readily available via self service), I think that far too many people will be entering having used neither wipes nor the sink.
Still passing out wipes on the way into dinner.

We're probably booking the Wonder for next February when we're on the Fantasy next week. Very excited to experience Tiana's.
We didn't really have her on our radar until we recently started reading about her after drydock. We were looking at the Magic for summer 2018 but will probably be doing the Wonder instead.

We didn't really have her on our radar until we recently started reading about her after drydock. We were looking at the Magic for summer 2018 but will probably be doing the Wonder instead.

She was my first ship in 2000. This will be the first time for DH. We're looking at tacking on a three night on board her ahead of the 7 night.

She was my first ship in 2000. This will be the first time for DH. We're looking at tacking on a three night on board her ahead of the 7 night.
We did the repo from Vancouver to San Diego in 2015 and thought she was fine, but liked the Dream class more. We'll be on the Magic this fall for the first time. That will complete our grand slam, then we just wait until 2021 and 2023 for the new ships!

We did the repo from Vancouver to San Diego in 2015 and thought she was fine, but liked the Dream class more. We'll be on the Magic this fall for the first time. That will complete our grand slam, then we just wait until 2021 and 2023 for the new ships!

I've sailed the Magic I think ten times. Love the classics as well as the Dream class. And so excited for the new ships.

And how would they determine who gets what? A survey when you board? Then the room attendant has to keep track of that too? And what happens when they commit the unforgivable son of putting the wrong type of chocolate on our pillows? A complaint to guest services and a request for compensation?

Judging from the candy counter at the grocery check out, milk chocolate seems to be more popular so it makes sense that is the type they picked.

Everybody get one of each, I say... So on top of the milk chocolate each person also gets dark chocolate :thumbsup2

Milk chocolate is more popular in general but still... why not both? :rotfl:

Everybody get one of each, I say... So on top of the milk chocolate each person also gets dark chocolate :thumbsup2

Milk chocolate is more popular in general but still... why not both? :rotfl:
You'll notice that one thing that is rare on cruise ships is chocolate. You might get some at dinner, but it's always in small thin tiles. Most chocolate-flavored items are actually made with cacao powder and feature very little actual chocolate. I think it's because chocolate goes bad if not properly stored (it turns white) and that, if freely offered, guests (and maybe employees ?) could never get enough and go through the stockpile. Plus, contrary to most food items, they can't save money by making it onboard.

That's why the giant chocolate Mickey head we got NYE on Wonder was so special in our eyes.

That's not our experience. The CM at the door was very good at directing people to the sink and was handing paper towels instead of wipes. Contrary to what was said, we didn't find the sink to lengthen the line to get in, unless a family was there blocking the sink while disciplining a child or chit-chatting. We loved it. Of course, we are the weirdos that used the restrooms near Cabanas to wash our hands with soap instead of the wipes, those having no effect on Norovirus.

I'm on the Wonder leaving today.
If you've never sailed on a Disney ship before the pools are all very small.

Hi! You probably came back from you trip on sunday... Did you keep your Personal Navigators? If you did, I would love to see them.

I have a quick question about Tiana's Place. Are the characters and live jazz music every night you dine there? Or just on the rotational night? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter