***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Sorry if this has been asked before, but a few search attempts within this thread did not result in finding and answer.

I currently have two ticket types linked to each member of the family - an AP voucher and a 4 day hopper. I want to use the hopper for our upcoming trip and wait to activate the APs until the following trip. How will I know which ticket media is actually being used when we enter the parks? Is there a way within MDE to tell it which ticket we plan to use on the upcoming trip?

Thanks for any help or suggestions. I'm thinking I need to get the AP vouchers unlinked.

I have a 2 week stay for June at Bonnet Creek (June 7-21). We also have one night booked at ASMu on June 8th and 2 nights at AOA June 10-12. We have 10 day tickets.
I was on the phone with the IT dept asking if I can book my FP+ for my whole 10 day ticket or if I could only book the days I had the reservation. They told me that I could only book for the days onsite (at 60 days out) and the rest of the time I would have to wait till 30 days out.
I am so confused. I thought I had read that folks were making FP+ for the length of their ticket. If I book those 3 days of FP+ at 60 days out, how will MDE know I need to book the rest at 30 days out???
Looking for someone who has done a split on/off stay who has also booked their fast passes.

I have a 2 week stay for June at Bonnet Creek (June 7-21). We also have one night booked at ASMu on June 8th and 2 nights at AOA June 10-12. We have 10 day tickets.
I was on the phone with the IT dept asking if I can book my FP+ for my whole 10 day ticket or if I could only book the days I had the reservation. They told me that I could only book for the days onsite (at 60 days out) and the rest of the time I would have to wait till 30 days out.
I am so confused. I thought I had read that folks were making FP+ for the length of their ticket. If I book those 3 days of FP+ at 60 days out, how will MDE know I need to book the rest at 30 days out???
Looking for someone who has done a split on/off stay who has also booked their fast passes.

I booked one night at Fort Wilderness 5/30 and was able to book all 6 days as they came available in the 60 day window.

Just to clarify and put my mind at ease. I will technically have 3 magic bands when I go, one old one, one from having an ap, and one from my actual trip. I should be able to use any of them as long as I keep them active on my account, correct? Thank you!

Just to clarify and put my mind at ease. I will technically have 3 magic bands when I go, one old one, one from having an ap, and one from my actual trip. I should be able to use any of them as long as I keep them active on my account, correct? Thank you!

I was assuming we would be expected to re-use magic bands from prior trips. Do we get a new one each time?

Correct.
I was assuming we would be expected to re-use magic bands from prior trips. Do we get a new one each time?
Yes, MDE will show a new set to be customized for each new reservation. If you don't want the additional MagicBands, don't customize them and have the resort recycle them when you arrive for check-in.

Yes, MDE will show a new set to be customized for each new reservation. If you don't want the additional MagicBands, don't customize them and have the resort recycle them when you arrive for check-in.

Definitely want them as the family didn't like what colors I picked.

I can't remember from last time - when we order, do we tell them which ticket media we want linked to each band for the upcoming trip as well?

Definitely want them as the family didn't like what colors I picked.

I can't remember from last time - when we order, do we tell them which ticket media we want linked to each band for the upcoming trip as well?

Nothing is actually stored on (or linked to) a MagicBand. Your park admission, resort reservation, FP+ selections, MagicBands, etc. are all linked to your MDE profile. The MagicBand is just a key used to reading the data stored on your MDE Profile.

Nothing is actually stored on (or linked to) a MagicBand. Your park admission, resort reservation, FP+ selections, MagicBands, etc. are all linked to your MDE profile. The MagicBand is just a key used to reading the data stored on your MDE Profile.

But if you have multiple ticket media stored in your MDE profile, how does one specify which ticket should be used for entrance?

But if you have multiple ticket media stored in your MDE profile, which ticket will be used for entrance?

They need to be prioritized. As I understand it, the only _accurate_ way to do that is to go to Guest Relations and have then do it.

Hey guys,

I was browsing MDE and noticed that I have to customize 9 magic bands for the three people in my traveling party. We are first staying at BLT, then cruising on the dream and then heading back to VWL. We are DVC members and also have annual passes.

Is it really necessary for us to activate all 9 bands. Can we load one with all of our info, e.g. Load band with annual pass and room key? How does having an annual pass band affect our overall fast pass + reservations? Are we given a different reservation window than the magic your way tickets? This is all very confusing and frustrating. While I think the concept of the magic band is pretty neat, I hate the fact that I have to relearn everything. I was comfortable in my disney bubble... :)

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if my questions are redundant I was reading through posts and couldn't find anything.

Hey guys, I was browsing MDE and noticed that I have to customize 9 magic bands for the three people in my traveling party. We are first staying at BLT, then cruising on the dream and then heading back to VWL. We are DVC members and also have annual passes. Is it really necessary for us to activate all 9 bands. Can we load one with all of our info, e.g. Load band with annual pass and room key? How does having an annual pass band affect our overall fast pass + reservations? Are we given a different reservation window than the magic your way tickets? This is all very confusing and frustrating. While I think the concept of the magic band is pretty neat, I hate the fact that I have to relearn everything. I was comfortable in my disney bubble... :) Thanks in advance! Sorry if my questions are redundant I was reading through posts and couldn't find anything.

I believe you can customize one band per person and they can use that for the room key when you check in. However, you might as well customize since they will otherwise ship grey ones to you.

Hey guys,

I was browsing MDE and noticed that I have to customize 9 magic bands for the three people in my traveling party. We are first staying at BLT, then cruising on the dream and then heading back to VWL. We are DVC members and also have annual passes.

Is it really necessary for us to activate all 9 bands. Can we load one with all of our info, e.g. Load band with annual pass and room key? How does having an annual pass band affect our overall fast pass + reservations? Are we given a different reservation window than the magic your way tickets? This is all very confusing and frustrating. While I think the concept of the magic band is pretty neat, I hate the fact that I have to relearn everything. I was comfortable in my disney bubble... :)

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if my questions are redundant I was reading through posts and couldn't find anything.

You need 1 band for each person, with their ticket media and FP+. When you set them up in MDE, each person will have their ticket attached and any FP reservations, and this will show up when they enter the park or use a FP. The annual pass is entered as ticket media, and should not impact your FP+ reservations.

I believe you can customize one band per person and they can use that for the room key when you check in. However, you might as well customize since they will otherwise ship grey ones to you.

I'm not aware of them shipping the gray ones by default. If you don't customize, they will give you the gray ones at check-in. You can refuse them if you already have a set. They will make sure the existing ones will work for you room.

We just got back, and had two customized sets (split stay), and they worked 100% interchangeably for everything without the front desk needing to do anything.

Keep in mind in the future that the bands have a limited lifetime because of the battery. Nominally rated for 2-3 years, but I think Disney is putting a 1 year cap, whatever that means - we aren't near end of the first year yet, so we don't know what Disney will do.

Even without the battery, they would technically still function, but some features might be inaccessible (nor did I see any overt use of the long-range ability...)

I am at my 60 day mark tomorrow and wasn't sure if I can go on tonight at 12:01 and start booking for FP+ or does MDE open it at 6 am on the 60 day mark? I apologize if this has already been answered, I searched and couldn't find anything.

I am at my 60 day mark tomorrow and wasn't sure if I can go on tonight at 12:01 and start booking for FP+ or does MDE open it at 6 am on the 60 day mark? I apologize if this has already been answered, I searched and couldn't find anything.

Opens at midnight ET. Answered in the green link in my signature.

I know this has probably already been written some where but I really do not like searching for a long time :confused3
I have a question about fastpass +. Ok let's say the last one of my 3 fastpass + for the day is from 2:00 - 3:00 time slot. Can I try to get another fastpass + right after 2:00, or 3:00 or when I have scanned it to enter the ride ?

I know this has probably already been written some where but I really do not like searching for a long time :confused3
I have a question about fastpass +. Ok let's say the last one of my 3 fastpass + for the day is from 2:00 - 3:00 time slot. Can I try to get another fastpass + right after 2:00, or 3:00 or when I have scanned it to enter the ride ?

Right after you have used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter