New Muster Drill Procedure On Disney Dream in Florida and Disney Magic in UK

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Edit 8 August,
from the Vlogs from the Disney Dream Test Cruise, the new procedures are the same as The Disney Magic UK cruises
  1. At check in you are told where your muster station is
  2. When you get on board you go to your muster station and scan a QR code
  3. There are cm's at the muster station and they give you a short briefing and check you off on their list
  4. Once all passengers are onboard, the full muster drill safety announcement is played over the loudspeakers.
  5. Like on a plane, all activities on board stop during the drill safety announcement.
  6. When the announcement comes on, you just stay in whatever location you are in, ie in your stateroom or wherever.
  7. If your kids are in the kids club, you don't have to go to them, the cm's will explain to them whats happening.
  8. If your kids are out and about on the ship, again the cm's will tell them whats happening.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we have old cell phones that won't scan QR codes. I'm assuming the crew member stationed at the muster location would be able to check us off? Other than for muster, is scanning QR codes needed for other purposes onboard? If so, it might be time for us to finally upgrade our old phones.

Unfortunately, we have old cell phones that won't scan QR codes. I'm assuming the crew member stationed at the muster location would be able to check us off? Other than for muster, is scanning QR codes needed for other purposes onboard? If so, it might be time for us to finally upgrade our old phones.

Yes you will need a smart phone on board for other things. All the menus in the restaurants and bars you have to scan codes. Each table has a code printed in a holder which you scan. So far in the videos I have seen codes on the table in O'Gills and Animators Palette. I'm sure if you ask they will have normal menus but it will just make life harder for you and for the cm's to have to keep asking for one.

You also now need to use the App for things like virtual queues at the pool area and for booking the shows and various activities onboard.

bumping to the first page as these will be the same procedures for the US based cruises when they restart in August 2021

bumping to the first page. The new Muster Station procedure is the exactly the same on The Dream as it is on The Magic UK cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter