New MK Paid Disney After Hours Event Announced

I was just waiting for the official announcement cause I was sure there would be something really special to justify the price or at the very least the $149 would get you into the park during the day as well,I don't see that and from what I gather it said something about getting ice cream and novelties in addition to the 3 hours at the park,yeah,not worth it!!!Is this correct?I just quickly glanced at the announcement,and I still keep telling myself there must be something else for that price!!

You missed the point. No problem. Enjoy the after hours party!
No, I didn't. Your avatar image was exactly why I made the comment.

I thought maybe a fellow horse person would get the joke about horses being giant money sucks and $150 feeling like not that much money after a vet bill or a trailer purchase, but I was wrong on that count.

Reactions: CJN
Well, they've never managed to justify charging $750+ a night for a room at the grand floridian, at least in my mind, but they do it, and people pay it, so isn't that enough justification?

I was just waiting for the official announcement cause I was sure there would be something really special to justify the price or at the very least the $149 would get you into the park during the day as well,I don't see that and from what I gather it said something about getting ice cream and novelties in addition to the 3 hours at the park,yeah,not worth it!!!Is this correct?I just quickly glanced at the announcement,and I still keep telling myself there must be something else for that price!!

They are letting people check in at 7pm...which to me will make the last few hours of the park before closing crazy crowded!

Code:
    2013  2016
AM EMHs
MK   1     1
EP   1     1
HS   1     1
AK   2     2
PM EMHs
MK   1     1
EP   1     1
HS   2     1
AK   0     0

In 3 years there has been a loss of one PM EMH per week.

Haven't the PM EMH hours also decreased from 3 to 2?

And are they adding as many around peak weeks as they used to? I lost track on whether they finally caved and added them every day in the MK after Easter.

I thought maybe a fellow horse person would get the joke about horses being giant money sucks and $150 feeling like not that much money after a vet bill or a trailer purchase, but I was wrong on that count.

Horses are not a hobby for me. They are my career so I generally dont think of spending money on them that way. Vets coming next week for spring shots...that's an $800 business expense for me.

You used horses to explain why you'd be fine with paying the ridiculous price. The other user pointed out that they too keep horses and to them that didnt make the price okay. Meaning that "keeping horses" cannot be used as a certainty when it comes to justifying your willingness to bleed money for Disney, as others in the same situation have different views.

There, do you get it now?

Oh, wait I was looking at 2000 dollars. If we go back to 1998 dollars, $10 will get you $14.55.

Granted, we know that Disney prices rise much faster than inflation, but still, that even outpaces their annual ticket price increases (which are crazy enough).

I know I'm beating a dead horse here (no offense to the horse-owning posters), but I'm still stuck on TEN BUCKS.

Yes, that was in 1998, so inflation says that would get you $15 today.
Yes, tickets rise faster than inflation.
Tickets were $42 for a 1-day pass in 1998. Let's take into account that peak pricing at MK will get you up to $124/day. That's about a 3x increase.
So apply that to E-ride nights. Let's even add in the cost for a "free" bottle of Coke and a Mickey Ice Cream bar. Here's the math:

($10 x 3) + $8 = $150???

Huh buh WHA???

For someone who's usually a Disney apologist when it comes to cost/benefit analysis and supply/demand curves, I'm starting to see the fun in going off! :furious:

Ok so I have vented and I see many others are too but if we really want to feel if we are voicing our opinion then we need to address it to the proper source. The CM I spoke to give me guest relations email. I suggest whom ever is not happy join me in sending Disney an email. We all have a voice and true Disney most likely will not listen but I will at least feel as if I got my point heard. For all that want to join me the email is guest.servicesatdisneyworld.com
I spoke with another CM who has told me there is no FP for this event and is very limited. Guess we will find out.

Folks keep making the comments that Disney is pricing the average middle class family out. I think most people plan their vacations at least 6 months out or more. So people traveling this year probably started planning awhile ago & are already committed to going to Disney. Will be interesting to see if the parks & hotels are still jam packed in about a year.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter