• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Miramax Films to Star Cruise/Zellweger

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
Tom Cruise is in early negotiations to star as a Cofederate soldier in Anthony Minghella's Civil War saga "Cold Mountain," the highly anticipated project based on Charles Frazier's best-selling debut novel.

A February start is planned for the project, which is being produced by Minghella's Mirage Enterprises for Disney's Miramax Films Studio and MGM.

If the deal is made, Cruise will play Inman, a wounded soldier struggling to make it home in order to reunite with his prewar sweethart, Ada. "Cold Mountain" tracks his long journey home, while Ada battles to stay afloat on the family farm in the rural South after the death of her missionary father.

Sources close to the project said Renee Zellweger is in talks to star opposite Cruise as Ada, pending scheduling arrangements with the film version of the Broadway musical "Chicago," another Miramax production, for which she is also in negotiations.

It is understood that Zellweger wants to do both projects, and sources suggested that it's likely the "Jerry Maguire" co-stars will reteam for Minghella because "Chicago" is scheduled to start filming in November, four months before the start of "Cold Mountain."

I'm happy to hear this. If you haven't read the book, please do. In my very humble opinion, it is a modern masterpiece.

J.-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter