New Member from Knoxville

Glad I found all you from TN. We are looking to move there. What can you all tell me about TN. I hear the taxes are cheap and it's clean living. What about crime and other things to be aware of. Where are the best and worst places to live? Tell me all the good stuff too. TIA!

We moved to Knoxville (18) yrs ago and it is now home. Orginally we were from California. Moved to several other states before here. Are you moving to the Knoxville area? Housing is booming in all directions. Lots of new business' this year. Taxes are low, good schools, (Go VOLS) close to the mountains, 7-10 hours to the beach depending on which one. Friendly people too! :lovestruc

Welcome to the Dis, we also live in West Knoxville and have found these boards very helpfull for our upcomming trip. Enjoy and Have Fun!

msdis: What part of TN is your family looking to move to? I've lived in both West and more recently East TN. Personally I enjoy East TN due to the mountains and lower humidity.

We are about 30 minutes north of Knoxville. Just got back from 5 days at the Mouse's House. I'll be glad to share any info I have with you. Planning is fun!

Flanigan said:
msdis: What part of TN is your family looking to move to? I've lived in both West and more recently East TN. Personally I enjoy East TN due to the mountains and lower humidity.

Hi,
We are looking at Murfreesboro area. Any info you have of that area would be appreciated. Thanks!

We live south of Murfreesboro on the TN/AL line in Winchester (Franklin County). We love it here. We have mountains, lakes, the University of the South, and we are within an hour to Huntsville, Chattanooga and M'boro. We have great schools (of course, I work for the school system). Here is the Chamber of Commerce website - www.franklincountychamber.com and our school system's website - franklincountyschools.k12tn.net.

I like to go shopping in M'boro, it has really grown over the past 10 years. I despise the traffic there; it is so hard to get around.

Good luck in your search!

:wave2: Wow there are quite a few of us. We live in Jefferson City about 35 minutes north of Knoxville. I lived in Knoxville all my life until I got married a few years ago & my husband works in Morristown so we split the difference.

The dis boards are great!! You will find great info on resorts, restaurants etc here & we are a helpful bunch too. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter