New March 2017 Check In thread

Just looking on Amazon today for DS birthday gift & saw they have the autograph booklets. Not sure about Amazon shipping to Canada but thought I'd give you a heads up.

Amazon's tricky because some stuff they ship to Canada and other stuff they don't. It sounds like we should be able to find them either at the parks. Since Nana and Grandpa get in much earlier then we do, they might be tasked with purchasing one.

Just under 2 weeks here! And we are in the middle of a snow storm. Ugh. This weather needs to clear up by next week!!
I really want to try the grey stuff at red rose tavern! One of the Disney vlogs I follow on YouTube (Disney for 2) showed they have grey stuff twists that you can get with grey stuff dipping sauce at the Maurice's Treats cart! I may need some of that too haha.

Where are you? I know there's a few snow storms going on. Our local forcast shows temps warming up a little but lots of small amounts of snow. I just can't wait to get away because by the time we're back, spring should be here. Somehow, I'm going to get the grey stuff at Red Rose tavern and/or the stuff from Maurice's treat cart. Does anyone know how late they are open? DH and I will probably have a date night one night while my parents watch DD. We've also talked about one of us going back to the parks and one staying in the room after DD is in bed.

DS's birthday is this weekend, so I broke down & ordered the Made with Magic ears, but they had the Disneyland 60th ones on sale at Amazon so got those. Plus I have the Disneyland autograph book & a new lanyard to give him also. Saving some stuffies I bought on sale to take with and do our own "in room celebration" once we get there.

19 days and counting.

DS's birthday is this weekend, so I broke down & ordered the Made with Magic ears, but they had the Disneyland 60th ones on sale at Amazon so got those. Plus I have the Disneyland autograph book & a new lanyard to give him also. Saving some stuffies I bought on sale to take with and do our own "in room celebration" once we get there.

19 days and counting.

That sounds so cool! I've been looking at the places that have ears and a some point early in the trip, we're going to buy ears - we'll at least DD and I. :) Is your first day in the park the 26th or 27th. Even through our trip starts on the 25th, we won't be in the parks until the 26th. All that keeps going through my mind is the lyrics from "For the First Time in Forever" that Elsa sings "It's Agony to Wait..." Work is going to be super busy the week before our trip so I'm going to try and get some pre-trip stuff done this week. DD just went through a growth spurt so new t-shirts might be required.

That sounds so cool! I've been looking at the places that have ears and a some point early in the trip, we're going to buy ears - we'll at least DD and I. :) Is your first day in the park the 26th or 27th. Even through our trip starts on the 25th, we won't be in the parks until the 26th. All that keeps going through my mind is the lyrics from "For the First Time in Forever" that Elsa sings "It's Agony to Wait..." Work is going to be super busy the week before our trip so I'm going to try and get some pre-trip stuff done this week. DD just went through a growth spurt so new t-shirts might be required.
We arrive late 25th, staying at Camelot Inn. Plan for beach on 26th morning/early afternoon. Then I really just want to walk down Main Street to soak it in (our first trip) then hit DCA Food&Wine for dinner/snack, few rides then I booked WOC dessert party to cap off first night.

Look for us. We're probably easy to spot. DH is tall white guy with grey hair, I'm a foot shorter and DS is Chinese.

Where are you? I know there's a few snow storms going on. Our local forcast shows temps warming up a little but lots of small amounts of snow. I just can't wait to get away because by the time we're back, spring should be here. Somehow, I'm going to get the grey stuff at Red Rose tavern and/or the stuff from Maurice's treat cart. Does anyone know how late they are open? DH and I will probably have a date night one night while my parents watch DD. We've also talked about one of us going back to the parks and one staying in the room after DD is in bed.

I'm in Reno. The forecast is supposed to be clear after today so I hope no new storms sneak in! We are way too close to our trip. That will give me some major anxiety.

Hurray! RideMax now has dates through mid-April, so I bought a new one-year subscription!!! I love playing with RideMax prior to a trip. Even though I won't be able to follow any of the plans religiously for this March trip since I will be schlepping around with the other chaperones, I can at least use it to try to shepherd people to the rides which will make best use of our time.

Just back today (we were there just two weeks ago too). We were in the parks on Sunday and Monday. Both days were busy (DCA less so than Disneyland), and i was really hoping yesterday would be a slower day. No such luck! At 11:30 we went over to Autopia and the wait time was 60 minutes (they were only running 1 or 2 tracks, not all 4). We went back in the evening (7ish) and the wait was 25 minutes, but jumped to 35 when we left. Opening was at 10am yesterday, and it took us 30 minutes to get through security and the ticket turnstiles at 10am.

We did Disney Junior Live for the first time yesterday, it was a lot of fun for our daughter.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on Harbor because my husband had a conference there. We normally stay at BWPPI, but this was nice and has a great breakfast and the shuttle cost us $15 for a full day.

We were excited to see the Country Bears for AP days!

We did Disney Junior Live for the first time yesterday, it was a lot of fun for our daughter.

How old is your daughter? Mine is 5 and I'm hoping she'll like Disney Jr. It sounds like all the refurbishments are making the parks/rides longer. I'm glad it was still a good trip.

How old is your daughter? Mine is 5 and I'm hoping she'll like Disney Jr. It sounds like all the refurbishments are making the parks/rides longer. I'm glad it was still a good trip.

She is 5 as well. It is interactive (dancing, singing, popping bubbles) and even though she just woke up and needed to go to the bathroom, she loved it!

So excited I get to squeak in a trip this month unexpectedly. I can't wait for the food and wine festival :dogdance:. We're staying at the Courtyard. 19-21

Oh please report back on Food & Wine! We just got lucky our trip is during F&W. Drooling already.
Ah! I can't wait. I will be sure to take some pictures. I haven't been able to go to the food and wine for a while and it's my DH first time! I just signed us up for a few tastings. yay!

I'm sitting in my office watching snow fall. We are expecting 3-5 inches today. Another snow storm is forecast for Tuesday. Checking the weather for DL and it is averaging around 80 for this week. I leave in 11 days and it can't come fast enough.

I'm sitting in my office watching snow fall. We are expecting 3-5 inches today. Another snow storm is forecast for Tuesday. Checking the weather for DL and it is averaging around 80 for this week. I leave in 11 days and it can't come fast enough.
Me too! I'm in MA and I'm
Thinking I can't wait to get out of here!i don't want a blizzard this week. :sad:

Heading there tomorrow morning!

It's crazy to think it will be in the low to upper 80s when we're there - I was sure it was going to be cold and rainy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter