New magic bands box is a big disappointment!

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We just got our magic bands in the mail and they didn’t come in the usual Incredibles box. It came in a small cheap cardboard box :sad2:

Yeah I was a little disappointed with the box too. They're not displayed as nicely. But maybe it takes less cardboard and stuff with these boxes?

I go a lot and get magic bands every time. It's an obsession I know. I never even realized that the box wasn't as nice. :rotfl::rotfl:

I think those Incredible boxes have been gone for a couple of years now. Am I wrong?
Unless guests from the States were still being sent those boxes.

For my feb 2016 trip I got the big box. For feb of this year I got the cool new streamlined box.

Given how many people just on the Dis complained about the waste (a box in a box) and flat out stated that they were throwing it away (have people never heard of recycling???), I can only imagine what Disney heard about them.

This is my first magic band box ever and I would have never known to be disappointed if someone hadn’t told me on this board lol
This is me as well lol

Only other way I would have known about a different box previously given was random blogs that I pinned on Pinterest.

I get being disappointed if you actually reused the old box for something and now the new box doesn't allow for that same usage..but I don't get being disappointed about the prettiness so to speak of the box. Have no idea if that is what the OP is about or not though. Personally I don't find the new box 'cheap' perse but then again don't have experience with the old box.

I loved the Incredibles boxes and used them to send care packages in. Everyone always loved receiving them! My family calls me Mrs. Incredible now because they loved getting a package with some extra pixie dust. So yes, I miss them. :flower3:

For my feb 2016 trip I got the big box. For feb of this year I got the cool new streamlined box.

Given how many people just on the Dis complained about the waste (a box in a box) and flat out stated that they were throwing it away (have people never heard of recycling???), I can only imagine what Disney heard about them.

I feel like I haven't got the big Incredible's box since August 2015. But it may be different for international travelers who pick up their magic bands at the resort. I just like getting my bands handed to me at the resort. I never knew what to do with that big clunky box at check in.

Yeah I know this thread is old but better then making a new one

Two years ago I received this beautiful box with my bands, now I get this updated garbage.

Yes Disney cheapened out but I’ll add it to the cheapened our list they keep adding to.

Ugh disgusting.

I personally respect Disney for making the boxes mores streamlined. Better for the environment.
Just another umpteenth reason people will stop going to Disney. They sent my magicbands in a cheap and plain box?? How dare they...I was factoring in the cost and quality of the packages in my total trip cost. Was even going to display the nicer box on my mantle. Even the DVC envelopes are cheap too! LOL.... :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter