New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Good morning! The thread was hard to find, so I am giving it a lift!

Sunny today, but I can‘t use the pool because of an operation last week. I am healing, and hate to simply wish my life away, so figuring out things I can do, like post here. :upsidedow

I hope your recovery is going well. Sorry you can't use the pool, stay inside this weekend as it's going to be a hot one.

Hello NJ and happy Friday. I have a question for those who drive to WDW. DH I live in South Jersey, we now drive to WDW and usually stop in Savannah GA on the way down. That leaves ruffle a 4-5 hour drive to WDW. I was just kicking around the idea of stopping at Hilton Head instead of Savannah since it doesn't seem that far out of the way and we have never been there. I'm not sure if it's worth it since it would just be a quick stop over. I would like to get others opinions on this. Thanks in advance on any replies. :flower1:

Hello NJ and happy Friday. I have a question for those who drive to WDW. DH I live in South Jersey, we now drive to WDW and usually stop in Savannah GA on the way down. That leaves ruffle a 4-5 hour drive to WDW. I was just kicking around the idea of stopping at Hilton Head instead of Savannah since it doesn't seem that far out of the way and we have never been there. I'm not sure if it's worth it since it would just be a quick stop over. I would like to get others opinions on this. Thanks in advance on any replies. :flower1:

We’ve done that a few times, but just feel it’s out of the way… especially for the next day when we’re so excited to just get to Disney!!! We usually stop in the Savannah area (if we’re not going straight through) since there are a ton of places to stay right off the highway! Have fun!!!

We’ve done that a few times, but just feel it’s out of the way… especially for the next day when we’re so excited to just get to Disney!!! We usually stop in the Savannah area (if we’re not going straight through) since there are a ton of places to stay right off the highway! Have fun!!!

Thanks mrsap, that's what I was kind of thinking, it is out of the way for a 4PM to 8AM stopover. I will probably stick to the usual plan. How's the saying go? If its not broke don't fix it??? :cutie:

I usually leave at midnight and drive through to Orlando usually by 4 pm and stay off property the first night. Yea not what you asked. :rotfl2:
As to your question the times from my house to both Savannah and HHI are roughly the same and time from each to Orlando is roughly the same so I basically think it just comes down to your preference. You’ve done Savannah I don’t think there would be much of a difference if you wanted to try HHI.

We did it once. Wouldn’t do it again. One night was just not enough to enjoy HHI. We own there, and usually stay 3-5 nights.

Still, you may enjoy it stopping there. It’s lovely.

I wouldn’t do it for one night. I-95 to Disney Hilton head is about 45 minutes. You should try it at least once but I wouldn’t do it unless I could stay two nights there. I was there in September because wife was scared of covid at that time and didn’t want to go to wdw during covid. But she finally realized that things can be done safely and now been to wdw twice since covid.

I know I should know this but I just want to confirm and calling member services is a whole day event. I figured asking my NJ dvc family would be faster.
I have a reservation for aug 28 2021 as long as I cancel 31 days before that date I get back all my points and I can bank if if want? My use year is June.
Thanks guys

I know I should know this but I just want to confirm and calling member services is a whole day event. I figured asking my NJ dvc family would be faster.
I have a reservation for aug 28 2021 as long as I cancel 31 days before that date I get back all my points and I can bank if if want? My use year is June.
Thanks guys
You get back all of your points without them going into holding, whether they are bankable or not depends on if they are your June 2021 points or points you either banked from 2020 or borrowed from 2022.

You get back all of your points without them going into holding, whether they are bankable or not depends on if they are your June 2021 points or points you either banked from 2020 or borrowed from 2022.
Ok thanks yes they are jume 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter