New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
On another forum someone said when they called the florida covid number they were told to keep checking the site because the states are going to change. They said they got lots of phone calls. People should keep calling!!
Is this only for Florida's quarantine of people coming *in*, or does it also include NY/NJ/CT quarantine of returning travelers from FL and other states?

On another forum someone said when they called the florida covid number they were told to keep checking the site because the states are going to change. They said they got lots of phone calls. People should keep calling!!

I've been tweeting Ron Desantis politely to not include the citizens of NY/NJ/CT who bring millions to his economy in his feud with Cuomo. Politeness is fixin' to end, I'm about to go Jersey on him. :rotfl2:

Is this only for Florida's quarantine of people coming *in*, or does it also include NY/NJ/CT quarantine of returning travelers from FL and other states?

This is only for going into Florida, coming back home is based on the 7 day rolling average of any state above a certain level of new cases. Though quarantine on return to New Jersey is only a suggestion, not a madate. There is something in our state constitution that prevents Phil Murphy from mandating the quarantine.

This is only for going into Florida, coming back home is based on the 7 day rolling average of any state above a certain level of new cases. Though quarantine on return to New Jersey is only a suggestion, not a madate. There is something in our state constitution that prevents Phil Murphy from mandating the quarantine.
Got it, thanks. NY here (sorry!) and DH and my jobs would require us to quarantine even if the NY Gov could not (and so I haven't researched whether he could or not).

I’ve been seeing on the Facebook rumor mill that some folks have been talking to the Florida health Dept and they may be amending the list of states this weekend. If you’re able I would hold off a little while before changing any plans.

I’ve been seeing on the Facebook rumor mill that some folks have been talking to the Florida health Dept and they may be amending the list of states this weekend. If you’re able I would hold off a little while before changing any plans.
Unfortunately, that only takes care of 14 days of a potential 28-day quarantine. :sad2::sad::sad::sad::sad:

thanks for the info. I didn’t know that. I checked and your right it’s only a advisory. Quarantine is expected but not mandatory
Now we need Florida to lift the quarantine.
thanks again you made my day. .

Thanks, it’s ok. I’ll get over it. Eventually.
I’m with you. We better all start getting use to getting over things for some time. Lol I’m so annoyed I didn’t book my May 2020 trip in January 2020 all bc I wanted to use the pool! Lol

Good afternoon. Has there been any movement on Florida lifting NJ quarantine as we go to FL?

Good morning NJ! We seem to have dropped to page 2. I guess it's hard to stay upbeat when we can't really go anywhere...or do the things we want to do....

I just checked and it looks like the travel ban is still on in FL for NJ, NY and CT. I really don't understand why since our numbers overall seem to be down. Maybe it's best we stay away from FL since they are spiking now...sad situation.

I sure wish this whole thing was over. I would really like to go out to dinner but the only option is outdoor dining and it's just to hot for that IMHO. I guess I should be glad that my only concern is not being able to go out dinner or breakfast, it could be a lot worse.

Well I hope you are all keeping safe and staying well. Happy HOT summer. :flower1:

Good morning NJ! We seem to have dropped to page 2. I guess it's hard to stay upbeat when we can't really go anywhere...or do the things we want to do....

I just checked and it looks like the travel ban is still on in FL for NJ, NY and CT. I really don't understand why since our numbers overall seem to be down. Maybe it's best we stay away from FL since they are spiking now...sad situation.

I sure wish this whole thing was over. I would really like to go out to dinner but the only option is outdoor dining and it's just to hot for that IMHO. I guess I should be glad that my only concern is not being able to go out dinner or breakfast, it could be a lot worse.

Well I hope you are all keeping safe and staying well. Happy HOT summer. :flower1:
Not NJ, Staten Island here, but in my opinion, I believe at this point in time they are doing us a favor!

I doubt they will lift the travel ban while their numbers continue to spike. It just would not look good no matter how down our numbers our.

We have reservations being the last week of August so I have to make a decision soon. We cannot afford to loose our points. I am pretty sure the decision has been made.

I'm not going to get into the politics of the Tri-state area/Florida feud but I still fully intend to go end of August if Florida lifts it quarantine, I can quarantine for the 14 days in Jersey if I need to.

I've been taking the wife to breakfast a couple times a week for the past few weeks, the heat hasn't been too bad under a tent in the shade where we go as long as we're in and done by 8:30. It's supposed to cool off a bit this weekend if you can call 87 deg cooling off.:rotfl2:

Have you heard the Ample Hill News? Bummed.

Stay safe everyone.pooh:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter