New Golf Carts

Memph1s

DIS Veteran
We were at FW last weekend for a quick trip and they have added some new green golf carts. The new carts have some nice features. They have a push button gear shift that is a little easier to reach. The new carts seemed a little faster and are very quiet. They have a little more room between the steering wheel and front seat so they are easier to get in and out of. They also have the charging cord under the back seat on a pull out reel that will automatically coil the cord back in. However, my favorite new feature is the fold in half windshield. You can fold down the window and get a great breeze and it comes in handy after a rain so you can see out the windshield without all the water spots and fog. I think we actually pasted one of the first trucks delivering the new carts last May on our way out. They still have some of the old white carts as well but hopefully they will get them all switched out.

One disappointing thing was that they are no longer letting you get the carts early (before 1PM) unless you have a reservation. Well, they turned us away at 11am but did let us get one at 1245. If they have carts beyond what they need for reservations I don't see the need to make everyone come back at 1 and stand in huge lines for the extra carts.

Thanks for the UPDATE Memph1s. This is interesting and good news. My only question is on the color. Is this a dark green ? I am a little concerned over the color as it may add to a visability problem. We don't need a rise in accidents, have the lawyers sue, and Disney pull the carts out. White, may not have fit the FW decor, but it was easy to see.

Oh, I'm thrilled to hear about this!! Especially about the fold-down windshields. Those others were dreadful--the plexiglas wasn't in the best of condition and it made driving at night almost impossible to do safely!

I would call it a forrest green but they still have the white top and I think while the color fits FW better it is still easily seen. After all you are not supposed to be driving in the grass anyway. :jester:

That sounds super !!, I can only imagine how good that must look !!

Lets hope that the autos and buses can see them and everyone be safe. Maybe Disney can put the serial numbers in reflective tape or reflective trim. I just don't want to see these carts pulled because of a liability problem..........

Oh goodie ... my GK want the same car we had last summer (#346), but I'm hoping for one of the new ones ... those folding windows and the reel-in cord sound GREAT!

We were lucky and got one of the new golf carts this past weekend. The cord reel under the seat is great. They told us to be extremely careful with it because it was new they would be checking everything for damage.

HOO RAY for the new carts. :Pinkbounc We will be looking forward to using one on our next trip to the Ft. Did a new rental cost come with the new carts?:confused:

No, I think the price is about the same as it has been. The DW did the actual paperwork but it was 43ish +tax. But a while back they changed from a 24 hour rental to pick up after 1PM return before 11AM the next day. I sure wish they offered some kind of deals on the carts. We can only afford one every now and then but they make such a big difference in the fun we have but it puts the cost of the campground over $100 a day.

We saw 2 of the 6 seaters while we were there but they were the same old beat up ones they have had for a while. I think they could rent a lot more 6 seates if they had them.

Yes, the 6 person costs more ($63/day?) and I was told they only have one 6 person cart on site. Are they increasing their fleet :rolleyes: and adding more 6 person carts to the group?! I, too, think they could use a few more on hand to rent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter