New Florida Residency Requirements For Part-Year Residents

I just reviewed what is posted in the internal website and my statements are still correct and valid.

Note that I did not say anything about a rent receipt. And anything mailed from a utility, financial organization or government agency must be addressed to a residential address in Florida and not a PO Box and must be within the last two months.

I just reviewed what is posted in the internal website and my statements are still correct and valid.

Note that I did not say anything about a rent receipt, but did state a Residential Lease (but not a photocopy) is allowed. And anything mailed from a ut9ility, financial organization or government agency must be addressed to a residential address in Florida and not a PO Box and must be within the last two months.

this is what you have there... you did not say rent receipt, but did say proof of rent... either way, the official site for guest to read when purchasing doesn't state either rent or lease.. here is your quote:

Quote:
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease.
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile insurance policy or bill or current utility bill.
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings, credit card or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

now here is Disney's official site that guests read when purchasing (no mention of lease or proof of rent):

Florida Resident Tickets and Passes:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:

Florida driver's license
Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
A college ID for a Florida college
Florida-based military ID
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Monthly mortgage statement
Florida vehicle registration or title
Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
Automobile insurance policy or bill
Utility bill
Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency
Monthly Payment Program:
In order to participate in the Florida Resident Annual Pass Monthly Payment Program, the Contract Purchaser will need to provide a valid Florida driver's license or Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address and be at least 18 years of age.

I do believe what you have posted is the info you have, but what I am saying is that isn't what the site states...and that is what guests read. :goodvibes at least now I see you are saying that the paperwork must be addressed to a residential address in Florida and not a PO Box and must be within the last two months. I didn't see that in your previous post. If you posted that info somewhere else in this thread, I am sorry.. I really didn't see it. I did have questions on how (the way I read it) could this be possible, it would be a free for all getting resident rates by just proving they had property.. not actually living in it at all.. and I know that is not what Disney would be doing..:goodvibes

Does anyone know if credit card statements are still allowed? I see it in the original post, but not on the Disney site (it states financial institutions including checkings, savings, investments)

The rules were updated/modified on August 20th. Below are the new rules, along with comments of what is no longer accepted.

These are the official rules:

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
(List of bases removed as unneeded)

As of August 20, 2010, Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
As of August 20, 2010, Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Effective August 20, 2010 Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease are no longer allowed.

It does not specifically allow credit card statements, so this may be a vague area.

If a mortgage or Deed is no longer acceptable, I guess they are now saying that part-time Florida Residents, such as Snow Birds, will no longer be able to get the Florida Resident discount pass! :scared1:

I hope they change that back before I retire!

If a mortgage or Deed is no longer acceptable, I guess they are now saying that part-time Florida Residents, such as Snow Birds, will no longer be able to get the Florida Resident discount pass! :scared1:

I hope they change that back before I retire!

But utility bills or insurance statements (and a few other items) will work and if Snowbirds own they have those.

Liz

whoa! So if we own a condo in Florida we can get Florida resident annual passes?

1) If it is a true condo, a second home, no problem.
2) A timeshare or interval ownership, regardless of total weeks, is not considered eligible.
3) The new rules would seem to weed these out better than in the past.
4) As of August 20, 2010,
. . . Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
. . . Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed
. . . Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a
. . . . . . Deed,
. . . . . . mortgage payment booklet or
. . . . . . residential lease are no longer allowed
5) Of course, there should be bank mail, insurance bills, etc to prove residency for above.

EDIT: My friends at Universal (and my buddies at the "discount" and "Cheap Ticket" booths in town) are saying that Universal is getting even tougher than Disney, due to the popularity of Harry Potter.

Is it that hard to open a bank account in the city or town where you go to college?

Renter's insurance is strongly recommended under any circumstance if you have anything of value. When purchased, the insurance policy can be mailed to your college address (if you live in a dorm). Except if your parents' homeowner's or renter's insurance covers you as a dependent, your own renter's insurance would be a redundant extra cost that outweighs the reduced price resident tickets.

Is it that hard to open a bank account in the city or town where you go to college?

Renter's insurance is strongly recommended under any circumstance if you have anything of value. When purchased, the insurance policy can be mailed to your college address. Except if your parents' homeowner's or renter's insurance covers you as a dependent, your own renter's insurance would be a redundant extra cost that outweighs the reduced price resident tickets.

I never had a hard time opening up a bank account while in college.

* Current ... insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).

So if you're living off campus, get that utility bill in your name!

Does anyone know if a printed copy of my utility bill...showing my FL address is ok to use to prove residency? Do I need the actual envelope? I live in FL part of the year but have an out of state license. I pay my electric bill online and do not receive a copy of the bill by mail.

1) If it is a true condo, a second home, no problem.
2) A timeshare or interval ownership, regardless of total weeks, is not considered eligible.
3) The new rules would seem to weed these out better than in the past.
4) As of August 20, 2010,
. . . Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
. . . Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed
. . . Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a
. . . . . . Deed,
. . . . . . mortgage payment booklet or
. . . . . . residential lease are no longer allowed
5) Of course, there should be bank mail, insurance bills, etc to prove residency for above.

EDIT: My friends at Universal (and my buddies at the "discount" and "Cheap Ticket" booths in town) are saying that Universal is getting even tougher than Disney, due to the popularity of Harry Potter.

Looks like they're trying to eliminate someone who may own a piece of Florida real estate (so they have a deed), but do not actually live there. They want to exclude someone who may be renting their property out as an investment... but if they exclude the lease?? Well, if you have lease.. you live there! If I owned Florida property, I'd have a deed, a mortgage (maybe), and insurance bills, regardless of my residency there.

How's about a tax return? Florida has no state income tax,.... anybody would want to be a Florida resident if they could! That saves WAY more than the Florida resident AP discount rate.

Looks like they're trying to eliminate someone who may own a piece of Florida real estate (so they have a deed), but do not actually live there. They want to exclude someone who may be renting their property out as an investment... but if they exclude the lease?? Well, if you have lease.. you live there! If I owned Florida property, I'd have a deed, a mortgage (maybe), and insurance bills, regardless of my residency there.

How's about a tax return? Florida has no state income tax,.... anybody would want to be a Florida resident if they could! That saves WAY more than the Florida resident AP discount rate.

I think the exclusion of a lease is because anyone can create and sign a lease. You can go online right now, print out a lease form, fill it with bogus info and sign it. It's not a bank-issued or government document and doesn't have to be notarized or anything.

Perhaps you missed the post stating that as of last August you need a Florida Drivers License, Florida ID or Military ID showing you are based in Florida. Even before that, when there were a few more options, they really liked to see a Florida Drivers License. :rolleyes1

Perhaps you missed the post stating that as of last August you need a Florida Drivers License, Florida ID or Military ID showing you are based in Florida. Even before that, when there were a few more options, they really liked to see a Florida Drivers License. :rolleyes1

Which post was that? Perhaps you missed the post we were actually discussing, which refers to the requirements to prove part-year residency?

Part-year residents are not required to have a Florida Drivers License, Florida ID or Military ID. :rolleyes1

I have made some updates to Post #1. If you go to Post #24 you will see a copy of the official policy as it now exists.

We bought a condo with cash so no mortgage and my husband called for the utilities so only his name is on them but my name is on the insurance policy so I am taking that and my IL license when I go next time to get my FL AP. YAY!

Liz

Thank You all for the help.

A MA lic and a printed utility bill (from the Net) is acceptable. I checked with a phone rep who confirmed it (for what is worth).

What is the difference between a mortgage payment booklet and my monthly mortgage statement. My husband and I own a home in Florida that we are making a payments on but we are currently in the State of Texas part time helping with a church plant...so can I show a Texas ID with my monthly mortgage payment and still get the Florida Resident rate???

What is the difference between a mortgage payment booklet and my monthly mortgage statement. My husband and I own a home in Florida that we are making a payments on but we are currently in the State of Texas part time helping with a church plant...so can I show a Texas ID with my monthly mortgage payment and still get the Florida Resident rate???

That would seem to make sense - I have never had a payment book for mortgages - I have always had a bill sent to me.

Liz

1) EDIT: My friends at Universal (and my buddies at the "discount" and "Cheap Ticket" booths in town) are saying that Universal is getting even tougher than Disney, due to the popularity of Harry Potter.

I wonder if that is for the power pass at Universal. The differences between resident and non-resident on the other two annual passes isn't that much.
The difference at Universal between resident and non-resident for a new Preferred Annual pass is only $10 (219.99 for resident and 229.99 for non-resident) and a Premier Annual Pass is the same price for both resident and non-resident (349.99 for both). I am not sure about any difference between resident and non-resident in renewal prices as we only have renewed a non-resident pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter