New Fast passes

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
Is there a thread somewhere or does anyone know when they will start and how it is going to work? Is it going to be like Disney World or something different?

So do you know or does anyone know will it be an app on your phone thought like the DW one? Just curious how this will work

So do you know or does anyone know will it be an app on your phone thought like the DW one? Just curious how this will work

Pretty sure it's using the same App we can already use on our phones. It's also going to include PhotoPass+, which is connected to the phone app.

The Matterhorn comes out of refurbishment April 27. My guess is that they start FP Max soon after .

Edited my bad.

Last edited:

I'm sure it will be up soon. Disney will do anything for more revenue. The problem will be the lack of wifi in the parks. Cell reception is very weak and sometimes non existent with most carriers. Over the weekend I was sitting New Orleans Square and my phone had all bars of 4G LTE with T Mobile but my data was barely working. So I did a speed test and I was downloading 1.5 mb per second, at best. Normally my average download speed is around 85 mb per second in San Diego. Disney is going to have lots of unhappy customers if they don't their act together with strong wifi really quick.

As of right now can you pull a fast pass if you are there for EXTRA MAGIC HOUR ? pixiedust:
If not will they let you pull OR reserve via app when the MAX PASS BEGINS ? :rolleyes:

As of right now can you pull a fast pass if you are there for EXTRA MAGIC HOUR ? pixiedust:
If not will they let you pull OR reserve via app when the MAX PASS BEGINS ? :rolleyes:
As of right now, no.
When MaxPass begins, probably not.

As of right now, no.
When MaxPass begins, probably not.

Nobody has any clue how it will work when MaxPass begins. I imagine it will depend on what they are able to do technologically. Will they be successful at limiting it to people already in the parks? For all we know they might start it when EMH begins just to spread out how many hits there are to the system at the same time.

Last edited:
Nobody has any clue how it will work when MaxPass begins. I imagine it will depend on what they are able to do technologicall. Will they be successful at limiting it to people already in the parks? For all we know they might start it when EMH begins just to spread out how many hits there are to the system at the same time.
I think we have "clues" -- but that's it. My main reason for saying probably not is that this doesn't change anything that would really affect whether they would offer it during EMH. Technologically, they are able to do it now. But they don't. That's why, in my mind, it's a "probably not."

I think we have "clues" -- but that's it. My main reason for saying probably not is that this doesn't change anything that would really affect whether they would offer it during EMH. Technologically, they are able to do it now. But they don't. That's why, in my mind, it's a "probably not."

You are likely right. But by "technologically" I was talking about what they will be able to do on the app. Disney tech is not the best and you never know what the issues will turn out to be. (Like WDW never being able to "turn on" the part that requires you have used your ticket for entry to use the FP associated with it).

Last edited:
Ugh sounds like a mess. Well somehow I doubt it will be working when we go in April but even if it is hopefully it will be so new it won't affect us. Then we don't go again till Feb of 18 so if it is up by then hopefully the kinks will be worked out.

I'm sure it will be up soon. Disney will do anything for more revenue. The problem will be the lack of wifi in the parks. Cell reception is very weak and sometimes non existent with most carriers. Over the weekend I was sitting New Orleans Square and my phone had all bars of 4G LTE with T Mobile but my data was barely working. So I did a speed test and I was downloading 1.5 mb per second, at best. Normally my average download speed is around 85 mb per second in San Diego. Disney is going to have lots of unhappy customers if they don't their act together with strong wifi really quick.

Are you referring to free wifi that is available in the parks or were you having issues downloading data on TMobile's network?

Are you referring to free wifi that is available in the parks or were you having issues downloading data on TMobile's network?

No wifi exists in the parks and T mobiles network along with pretty much all the other providers (except verizon I hear) stink in Disneyland.

Nobody has any clue how it will work when MaxPass begins. I imagine it will depend on what they are able to do technologicall. Will they be successful at limiting it to people already in the parks? For all we know they might start it when EMH begins just to spread out how many hits there are to the system at the same time.

That's an interesting thought. Especially since people reported pulling RSR FP during EMH this week. If they allowed FP dispersal during EMH/MM after the APP comes, then those with the APP would have an advantage visiting the EMH park even if they didn't have EMH privileges. Guests are often allowed into the park 20-30 minutes early. So if they were able to control the app so you could only pull FP after walking through the gates, those who enter the park early on an EMH just to wait for regular opening could in theory pull a FP too.

In general I don't think the app is that great of an advantage (it'd be convenient), but if this were to become the case then it would be quite advantageous for those wanting certain highly desirable FP.

Say EMH at DCA is 8AM--EMH guests could pull FP for RSR (or new Guardian's Tower) starting at 8AM. But now at 8:30 they begin to allow regular guests into the park to wait for opening. Those guests with the App could then choose a ride they want a FP for and book it then. Since FP are at least 40 minutes, even the earliest FP return time would be 9:10 or later. They could go almost immediately to that ride if they chose and have a FP.

Of course FP is usually not that important the first hour (except at RSR), but it could definitely be a selling point to the app. Of course Toy Story is just getting FP, so we don't know how fast those will go or the new Tower. And when Star Wars land opens there will be pressure for the FP for those rides too. I hope they do not open up FP booking windows until regular park opening.

No wifi exists in the parks and T mobiles network along with pretty much all the other providers (except verizon I hear) stink in Disneyland.
We have AT&T, and our service sucks in the parks... Particularly when waiting in crowds. It's a bummer when you're stuck holding down your MSEP spot for two hours and you can't even use the internet because nothing will load.

I've said all along, Disney really needs to provide wifi if they're going to implement something like this to be used with smartphones. And I'm not just saying that to save my data, but the nature of the beast is any network is going to suffer from congestion in a relatively small area like DLR. It's like the peak loads you see at sports events and concerts. When enough people access at the same time, you can only get so much water (data) through the pipe. Wifi in the parks would at least take some of the load off the local cell network and spread the wealth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter