New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did just see someone on wdwmagic say that they have thought about this and the point of pick up and drop off are strategically placed so that the guest isn't seeing parts of backstage that they shouldn't. The guests will just be seeing CM parking areas, and boring backstage things that won't mess with the guest experience much.

I feel as if this will follow the current CM busing routes. Why reinvent the wheel?

Exactly. I think they should sell it to passholders for $24 and limit the use to 14 days. It could work the same way the Guest Assistance Access passes work.

I'm confused. Why would this be modeled after a Guest Assistance pass?

And I think those of you wanting a cheap price for this better be careful what you wish for. Too many takers and it's worthless.

Count me in! As long as I can get to SIT down without butts in my face for a trip from EP to MK or AK to MK it will be well worth it. I've done these trips before and they are no fun when busy..long walks and waits and packed like sardines.
I do think this will be pretty crowed at times.. maybe some sort of transportation FP for it ?

And I think those of you wanting a cheap price for this better be careful what you wish for. Too many takers and it's worthless.

Because the Guest Assistance Pass is a system they have in place that can be attached to the MDE account (so any magic band works) and has a set expiration date.

Too many takers and Disney will just raise the price. That's more money for them.

Because the Guest Assistance Pass is a system they have in place that can be attached to the MDE account (so any magic band works) and has a set expiration date.

Well it would be like anything on your MDE, so not necessarily DAS.

Tickets, FP+, hotel gate/room locks, DDP etc all expire and all accessed on MDE via your MB or ticket.

With required Hopper it is being attached to your ticket.

NOW this may be where it will be more complicated with AP. With no Hopper/day tickets to attach, maybe the one day addition is the easiest way to implement right now. I think they'll test and see the participation level before they begin making it more complicated.

• Epcot
o Onstage kiosk location – East of Spaceship Earth
o Backstage location – Eastgate bus loop

Is this by the CM lot and Overpass Rd?
If so - park with my biggest transportation pains, would still be a pain.

Epcot's Eastgate bus loop is right behind the east side of the main entrance. There's a bus stop there for backstage buses that shuttle CMs from the Cast Services building (which is back by the Red Lot CM parking and Test Track) to the front of the park.

Well it would be like anything on your MDE, so not necessarily DAS.

Tickets, FP+, hotel gate/room locks, DDP etc all expire and all accessed on MDE via your MB or ticket.

With required Hopper it is being attached to your ticket.

NOW this may be where it will be more complicated with AP. With no Hopper/day tickets to attach, maybe the one day addition is the easiest way to implement right now. I think they'll test and see the participation level before they begin making it more complicated.

I understand all that. When I was brainstorming something already in place that could make a multi-day option work for an AP that was what came into my head.

That was somewhat of a misquote. I didn't way the whole thing was worthless. I said that if you get too many takers it's worthless.

Agreed. Perhaps Disney will limit how many they sell to keep capacity in check

That was somewhat of a misquote. I didn't way the whole thing was worthless. I said that if you get too many takers it's worthless.
But you don't know how many vans or buses will be available for this or if they will have a limited number oof tickets. So you can't say that it's worthless if there are too many takers

Magic Kingdom. When you come off of Buzz Lightyear ride, where Buzz where stand meeting. He will go behind the wall through a door. Back there is parking and that is where they will take you to get on the bus which will exit a service road out next to the bus depot.

Epcot. Sounds like Eastgate loop will take you out to CM parking and that would be behind Test Track area. Really will depend on where they want to pull up to as to exactly which exit point.

DHS. When you go to RnR ... there is now a huge gate in the courtyard by the FP+ entrance. That goes to the Sunset Showcase where Club Villain is held. Beside it is parking/road that is by ToT for proximity.

AK. Go to Safaris entrance. Hard left is a service road just behind the wall that will wrap around Pandora as it head to the Bus Depot road.
I'd have to see them to be certain but I'm thinking that most all of these areas already have had guests in them at one point or another (like for Backstage Magic or the old Holiday D-Lights) so it's not going to be a stretch to have guests in these areas.
At Epcot it's the area where folks already go when doing a run, and when doing a tour
At AK it sounds like the entrance we took when we entered the park for the Sunrise Safari
At DHS we didn't enter that far down, we came in closer to Streets but with gone they needed a new spot
At MK we did enter differently but I can't seem to remember where, just not Tomorrow Land, seems like it was near the Plaza, I know the CM bus stop was next to our drop off point

Yeah, I am kind of wondering about this too. As a passholder, it's giving me the option of buying it at the single day rate, but if a multi day ticket holder can buy it for $24 and use it for 15 days like you mentioned, then why can't I, especially if I am on an extended trip. I think it would be more fair to let passholders buy it at $24, but perhaps put a limit on it like 14 days before they have to buy another one.
For AP they can easily tie it to be the length of an on site stay in some manner
Off site or those local would have to do single day but there would be a way to do multi day for on site AP holders. Just because it wasn't mentioned in the Q&A doesn't mean, to me, it's not an option. I don't think we know enough yet.

But you don't know how many vans or buses will be available for this or if they will have a limited number oof tickets. So you can't say that it's worthless if there are too many takers

It's still a misquote.

Although I do see your point. I just don't have the faith you do that they will dedicate the resources necessary to keep this a positive offering. If Disney was a company that wanted to adjust to keep up with demand, there would be no need for this "shadow" bus system. The regular system would fill the need.

I personally prefer several Epcot restaurants over other park restaurants.
This service could save time since you don't have to go back through security when entering a park.
It would be even better if the Epcot dropoff point was in the World Showcase area rather than Spaceship Earth.
If they offer this service during our next trip, I will most likely use it to dine at a different Epcot restaurant each day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter