New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So disappointed. We used this in December when it was new and it was awesome. Made all my September plans to include hopping using this service. >:(

Shame. It was a great service and well worth it even for just one day.

But I think this wasn't advertised enough. When I was using it in March every bus had 2 groups on it at most. There just probably wasn't enough people using it. Plus it was probably way too cheap for what it was costing to run.

My guess it will be back in a different form:
1) as an add-on to a ticket package "Park Hopper plus". That way it is advertised and seen as a bundle option (plus Disney would have an idea on how to staff it)
2) Increase the annual pass and park hopper cost and just have this as a perk for everyone who hops.

I bet they will bring it back for high season and charge more.

I had a day planned when we were going to hit 4 parks. Not sure if I have the stamina to go through security 4 times! On the other hand, I don't have to wonder if paying $19/person was worth it for that one day.

Thanks @FastPasser for keeping all informed,

I was so looking forward to this in November. This will definitely change the number of days we hop.

I hope they bring this back in some form. I agree that they should add the cost to all PH and AP tickets ($35, let's say). Not everyone will use the service, so they could potentially make money in that fashion. I loved the service when we used it in February. I did three parks with my mom, and she isn't usually a multi-park hopping kinda gal. But she loved it. I was starting to kick around going again next year with my DH, Stepson, and new baby, and Express Transport was why I'd consider a park hopper, or even an annual pass, for the trip. Guess I shall be emailing Disney.

Just sent in my email :)

As a single rider, Orlando local, and teacher who can only go on Saturdays, this is probably going to make me hit up DAK in the morning and then head to Universal for the rest of the day because they have their own big red express transportation there that doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

This is honestly the most disappointing news from Disney since they got rid of cheeseburger spring rolls.

Last edited:
@FastPasser thank you for sharing the websites and info. It is very much appreciated.
Still, it is disappointing as I was really looking forward to using this to navigate a true park hop day(s).
Will have to do some major scheduling for transfers between parks now. But, hopefully by December WDW will have something else to help with the park hopping.

Man I really wanted to try this in October. It was going to make hopping so much easier for me.

How painful will it be doing 3 parks in one day without this service? I was planning on doing Hollywood Studios in the morning, Magic Kingdom in afternoon and Epcot for dinner reservation with Express transportation.

Might switch dinner reservation to MK if it makes Magic Kingdom more doable. Any suggestions for 1 table-credit meal in Magic Kingdom for dinner on short notice?

How painful will it be doing 3 parks in one day without this service? I was planning on doing Hollywood Studios in the morning, Magic Kingdom in afternoon and Epcot for dinner reservation with Express transportation.

Might switch dinner reservation to MK if it makes Magic Kingdom more doable. Any suggestions for 1 table-credit meal in Magic Kingdom for dinner on short notice?
Well, people did do multiple parks in one day well before this service came about so yeah, it's possible. It's more painful for sure but it's not awful. I's use Uber myself.

So overall I liked the service when we tried it this weekend, but hope they make some changes if it is suspended and then comes back. I really enjoyed the speed and convenience of already being backstage and saving the long walks from/to the front of the parks and the regular bus stations. Skipping another bag check and the gates is a great perk too.
I wish it would run to include EMH. We had to leave fantasmic early to make it to the last bus of the night from HS to AK. Would be great if they added in later buses so you could actually enjoy the nighttime shows and not have to rush to the bus, especially when AK was open until midnight with EMH.
I think they should have advertised it more and should offer to charge a smaller fee for single time uses. It has a somewhat limited audience in people that hop multiple times a day. For us, the price was a big factor in not using it more, especially since we don't usually hop more than 1-2 times a day. I wouldn't pay $19 each to hop once a day, but would probably pay $5-8, so only makes sense for me to use it when hopping at least 3 times a day. Maybe more people would use it if they could buy a single trip. We only tried it because Saturday was an unusually scheduled day in that we hopped back and forth between AK and HS many times due to a dining package ADR and FPs for FOP at odd times. We used it 3 times on that day and the two of us were the only ones on the bus for 2 of the trips with a single other person on the 3rd. It felt like a waste to have a whole bus for 2 people, so maybe a new version could have smaller vehicles to reduce costs.

How long does it take to go from MK to EP for a dinner reservation? Does monorail connect them?

There is a monorail connecting MK and EP via the TTC. I would estimate around 30-45 minutes to travel between them because you have to get off and change trains/platforms and sometimes waiting for a monorail can take awhile, especially if it's full and you have to wait for another one. Also, EP and HS are connected by boat via the international gateway and that trip is about 20 minutes long with boats running every 15-20 minutes. You can also walk between EP and HS.

The thing that really gets me is the set schedule. We knew at 0 minutes and 30 minutes past the hour a bus would leave from Hollywood Studios to Epcot. If it was too close to that time, we would know if we had to hurry or if we could have a more relaxing walk. But using regular park transport, you don't know if you may have just missed a boat/bus/monorail, and had to wait 20 minutes for the next one and then another 20 min on the actual transport.

This is so disappointing! We arrive the 18th but the last day to buy is the 16th and purchase has to be onsite so we won't be able to use it during its final days. Oh well. We just saved some money I guess.

Notice says last day to buy is 8/16 and last day to use is 8/23. Wonder if they'll let me buy it on 8/17 when we get there?

I just sent an email to guest relations. We planned on using this for our upcoming trip in November/December, and then again for my trip in march with my elderly mother. I hope they (Disney) do one of two things, 1) bring it back or 2) expand on the idea and make it better than it already was.

Our nov/dec plans will be fine without it, but we were looking forward to saving some time. And then the trip with my mom, who has arthritis in her ribs and a bum knee, well, any steps I could save her would have been nice (I already have a scooter reserved for her).

I hope that if enough people voice their displeasure, we will see this service return!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter