New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long security lines = more people buying this service. Disney saves $ by laying off security staff, while charging guests more for this service. Meanwhile, they don't have to hire more transportation staff, they just shift their existing staff to the new routes.

If they are going to do this, it should be free to everyone with hopping, not an additional fee.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you on this. I do not think Disney will be laying off any security staff. However, the way security is set up at the parks there are disastrous bottle necks. I think this is a way to move guests who have already passed through security to other parks without clogging up the security at the entrances to the other parks. I'll pay a few extra bucks for a simpler ride to another park, but as another poster mentioned, it's almost as if Disney is making a profit off their need to beef up security to give the impression to guests that they're safer (and that's a whole different argument) and with Disney already increasing their fleet I think they'll be able to utilize their drivers more making their fleet more efficient.

I'm wondering if this will be on a schedule, like on the hour and the half hour. That way, it won't be luck of a draw, you'll know what time to get to the pick up point based on your schedule and needs.

I kind of expect they will operate on a schedule.

Except then you'll have guests queuing up for the expected bus. If you wait for 15minutes for this NEW bus, then you just lost the benefit of this new service.

And if the bus fills up? Sorry, you should have gotten here sooner.

This is like when they had 30minute wait at the fastpass kiosk. If you have to wait 30mintues to get a FP, then it isn't a benefit. or when they replaced walk up table service with ADR's. We used to be able to dine at WDW without ADR's. now we're forced to structure our day around ADR's.

For some reason people forget that waiting is waiting.

Think about how this is going to play out. ;)

Last edited:
I'm going to respectfully disagree until we hear reports of bus transportation being behind on a daily basis.

Oh, I'd love it if you were right, I just don't see it. Disney has made me pretty cynical in thinking about their motives in the last few years. Most of it's probably my fault, as I think it's easy to forget they're a business, out to make as much money as they can.

Oh, I'd love it if you were right, I just don't see it. Disney has made me pretty cynical in thinking about their motives in the last few years. Most of it's probably my fault, as I think it's easy to forget they're a business, out to make as much money as they can.
I agree that their decision in the last couple of years have not been the best for the guest. But I still believe this option will help alleviate traffic at the entrance to the parks without cutting on bus transportation.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you on this. I do not think Disney will be laying off any security staff. However, the way security is set up at the parks there are disastrous bottle necks. I think this is a way to move guests who have already passed through security to other parks without clogging up the security at the entrances to the other parks. I'll pay a few extra bucks for a simpler ride to another park, but as another poster mentioned, it's almost as if Disney is making a profit off their need to beef up security to give the impression to guests that they're safer (and that's a whole different argument) and with Disney already increasing their fleet I think they'll be able to utilize their drivers more making their fleet more efficient.

Again, what if the inter-park bus is full and you have to wait 30 minutes for the next bus to arrive?

This is really only a benefit if the timing is perfect. If every part of the current system stays the same, but you have to queue up for this new bus, then it isn't going to save time.

I'd be all for this if it was added the same way they added Magic Express and this was a Hogwarts Express.

Again, what if the inter-park bus is full and you have to wait 30 minutes for the next bus to arrive?

This is really only a benefit if the timing is perfect. If every part of the current system stays the same, but you have to queue up for this new bus, then it isn't going to save time.

I'd be all for this if it was added the same way they added Magic Express and this was a Hogwarts Express.
But what if they have a schedule, then you know when the bus will leave and be prepared to be there at that time

While yes, there would be less ppl., this is Disney and the chances that they're not going to cut the number of bus runs is pretty low. I'm sure this is not going to be a benefit to the regular guest who's not paying for the new transportation.
I don't believe this service was added/developed to benefit the guest not paying for it. So I can agree with you 100% here

I kind of expect they will operate on a schedule.

Except then you'll have guests queuing up for the expected bus. If you wait for 15minutes for this NEW bus, then you just lost the benefit of this new service.

And if the bus fills up? Sorry, you should have gotten here sooner.

This is like when they had 30minute wait at the fastpass kiosk. If you have to wait 30mintues to get a FP, then it isn't a benefit. or when they replaced walk up table service with ADR's. We used to be able to dine at WDW without ADR's. now we're forced to structure our day around ADR's.

For some reason people forget that waiting is waiting.

Think about how this is going to play out. ;)
If it's oversold then you are right.
If it's not, you aren't.
No one knows a thing yet.
I'm not judging one way or another till more is known.
But I am one who would use it in some cases

Last edited:

It's not only about the time waiting for some people. It's also about the long walks to and from the bus stops. The longest part of a day at Disney for our family is the walk to the bus with DD whining about how faaaaaaaaaaar the bus is, even though she just walked 2 or 3 miles in the park, or when we haven't even gotten to the park yet. Good gravy I'd pay anything for that whining to be averted.

I would only be interested in this if they allow AP holders to buy a multi-day pass based on their hotel stay length and also added transport from park to resort or resort to park. Park to park is the least painful of the current transportation IMO.

Well we're there in a week, might be something we try if the reviews are good.

but we still don't know enough about it

bus driver is one of the occupations that they hire for, year round
That's because it is a high turnover job.

Guests queue up for the bathrooms, for shows, at every restaurant, for the monorail....

But you could be right. Guests won't have to queue up for this bus.

If it's oversold then you are right.
If it's not, you aren't.
No one knows a thing yet.
I'm not judging one way or another till more is known.
But I am one who would use it in some cases

I would only be interested in this if they allow AP holders to buy a multi-day pass based on their hotel stay length and also added transport from park to resort or resort to park. Park to park is the least painful of the current transportation IMO.

This is already there?

This is already there?
Well, so is Park to Park.
I think PP meant they'd love to be able to go from inside the park to their Resort, or from the resort to inside the Park.
I am fairly sure we'll not see that added due to security concerns. Unless they add on bag check on the bus like they do for tours. I believe this would have to be a huge success for them to add that portion on. Just my opinion

Not sure if this has been said yet, but why not offer transportation from the back of Epcot by World Showcase where getting to the front of the park to get transportation is the biggest hike of it all.
That would also be a huge benefit for getting ADR's in World Showcase.

They might need to wait until the DHS entrance is re-done. Currently the road between DHS and Boardwalk (Buena Vista) is overloaded with DHS traffic during peak DHS usage.

It's not only about the time waiting for some people. It's also about the long walks to and from the bus stops. The longest part of a day at Disney for our family is the walk to the bus with DD whining about how faaaaaaaaaaar the bus is, even though she just walked 2 or 3 miles in the park, or when we haven't even gotten to the park yet. Good gravy I'd pay anything for that whining to be averted.

I don't see how this is going to eliminate the walk to the bus stop, unless this new bus magically pulls up beside you as soon as you decide you want to hop.

The one thing mentioned is that this new bus will run every 30minutes, AND there is an upcharge. to me, that is way too far apart to be useful.

If it only arrives every half hour, then people will have to walk to the designated bus stop and wait.

Waiting is waiting. It is wasted time. If the far left line is 5mintues shorter, I will happily walk the extra 15 feet.

Any time I have to be in a designated spot at a designated time at WDW, then I have to modify my actions to arrive at location at the prescribed time.

Disney is adding this for their benefit, not ours.

We have a car so no way would we ever need, use, or want this service.

Also resort busses tend to come more often than 30 minutes apart in my experience so I don't understand them even offering this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter