New Epcot member lounge

Can't wait to visit in November!

I know I'm getting annoyed over nothing, but the comments of some people I've seen on social media (mainly Facebook) regarding the lounge are just so frustrating. I've seen everything said from:

- "I'm an annual passholder, where's my lounge?!" (not even comparable)
- "THIS is what they chose to do with the space? Seriously?" (ok, they could have left it closed off for no one to use)
- "it should be for everyone to use" (clearly having issues accepting there's ONE thing that 'normal guests' miss out on)
- my favourite, "people would waste their time sitting here instead of visiting attractions in the park?" (because the average DVC member has never experienced Epcot before, apparently).

I ran all of these through a translator and they all came back with the same result - "Waaah, I'm not a DVC member and don't like being told I can't do something, waaah!" Rant over ;)
I wonder if you'll be able to add another item to your list. "I bought resale but I still want to go". A big life principle for me is that someone else's gain is not necessarily my loss.

It's supposed to be open for the 25th anniversary year. So, it will probably close (or be repurposed) at the end of the year. I suspect we'll see a different type of whining at that time. "Waaah, I'm a DVC member and their taking away my benefits!"

That's difficult to say if it will really work as a sales incentive, but I think it will. With the latest round of changes they show they want to give the impression to potential buyers that they'll be special. Having an exclusive lounge in the middle of Epcot is certainly a good tool in the hands of a competent guide. We know the truth: the lounge is not so exclusive, since 200,000 people and their friends and families have access to it and it's a benefit that could be cancelled at any moment, so it's not really worth considering it when buying.
However, being a Disneyland Paris shareholder I have access to a small lounge there and I have to say it does feel a bit special to start the day with a coffee and a pastry and then access the park through a private door. I think the lounge will be a hit and will stick around for a while (unless its operating costs are prohibitive, but only DVD knows that).

I wonder if you'll be able to add another item to your list. "I bought resale but I still want to go". A big life principle for me is that someone else's gain is not necessarily my loss.

Mine, too. Wish we could all just be happy when something good happens for others, instead of mad that it didn't happen for us this time.

My best friend is down there right now with her family (also DVC members) and they got to check it out. She thought it was awesome. Loved the free soda, computer access and video games. Said it was a nice way to take a little break. She did say there are no bathrooms in the lounge.

:sad2: :scared: :worried: Where are they? How far away?

No bathrooms is a great way to get you back into the park in a timely manner. I'm thinking this is all in the plan to get more people to go to Epcot, as the reasons to go there for the 50th time start to dwindle as other than Norway & Soarin' there have been very few things to upgrade this park or even maintain it as a glimpse into the "future." The lounge looks nice, but the air conditioning costs are going to be crazy!! - wait, does that increase our dues?

Will guests of a DVC Member be allowed into the lounge if they are with the member?

There are restrooms somewhere in the pavilion per the Epcot map so it can't be far away.
Yes, the restrooms are right around the backside of the Figment ride. I've visited them many times when potty training my kid who was terrified of hand dryer and toilet flushing noises. There's rarely ever anyone else in those restrooms.

No restrooms sounds like a serious downfall in my opinion.

If a non member needs to hit the head, does a member need to go with him to let them back in?

MG

facebook twitter