New DVCer question/ what tool to manage your points/ dates?

agirlcallededdy

Mouseketeer
Maybe wrong forum, but I am purchasing... so this is where I am comfortable.

I am working on a spreadsheet to manage my points, trips and deadlines for the next 2 - 3 years, an I am not loving it. I originally factored in a loan repayment schedule to my google spreadsheet, but we sorted out a way to pay in cash, so that elemented isn't needed for my purposes.

**Does anyone have a tool or is there a good app that you love for managing their banking / borrowing and trip point usage?**

I have a DVC point calculator app and I am a member of TPs, fwiw. I like my apps and data!

TIA!

I think that you will find that the "My Dashboard" page of www.dvcmember.com does this quite nicely. I would check it out and see if it meets your needs before going crazy trying to find an outside program. Congrats on your purchase!

I also keep track using a google sheet. If I have a hypothetical plan for points in the future, I put it into a new tab, titled with the plans, such as "Aulani 2023". It gives me an idea of how far my points can go if I use them at a certain pace.

I originally created a spreadsheet to manage points -- but the DVC dashboard does a pretty good job, so I stopped messing with the spreadsheet.

Also -- if you have only one contract, I don't find it all that hard to keep track of.

The only caveat I will add is if you transfer points in -- you DEFINITELY have to keep track of those yourself, b/c they do not show up on your dashboard.

I’d wait to see the website before you put a lot of time into a spreadsheet. I find the website very user friendly and easy to navigate.

I use the Dashboard but also have a “DVC notebook” that I use to keep track of points. I have 2 use years and I find paper and pencil works best for me. I also plan out possible future trips so I am sure about invites to friends and family beforehand. So, right now I have an “idea” how many points to save for a family celebration next year at a few different resorts.

I created a very simple spreadsheet when we first bought our points. Columns for events (start of UY, reservations); points added; points used; balance. If we borrow points for a reservation it automatically subtracts from the next year. On each line I enter the specifics such as start of a new UY or the dates/resort/villa size/view of a reservation. So I know how many points we have available for any given date and can also plan ahead.

I’ll admit my tracking is made easier by having only one home resort and UY, so even though we have 2 contracts I can track them as a single number of points.

I made a spreadsheet that would allow me to plan out 3-4 years with banked points each year to give me an idea of what I could do each year. I was mostly using it to make sure that I could build up towards a Grand Villa in 2022.

Ok, so it sounds like I am not alone. I want to be able to track my points as I plan out my next 2-3 trips. I will continue working with what I've got as I anxiously await my activation code!

Just used the dashboard to track the loan till it was paid off.

Never pass up an excuse to make a new spreadsheet :)

I have one that tracks all my points and use years. let me keep track of bank and borrow times and points used vs points coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!