New DVC Fan YouTube Channel!

I have to say I am disappointed with how sliced and diced everything has become.
We used to have long threads where we would have lively debates about what happened on the show.

Now it’s super quiet, and maybe people have gone off to different FB groups? Many of us have privacy concerns with FB.

I don’t know what I am saying. Just, I miss a lot of you. Some of you were ridiculous, and I still miss you.

I have to say I am disappointed with how sliced and diced everything has become.
We used to have long threads where we would have lively debates about what happened on the show.

Now it’s super quiet, and maybe people have gone off to different FB groups? Many of us have privacy concerns with FB.

I don’t know what I am saying. Just, I miss a lot of you. Some of you were ridiculous, and I still miss you.

I've been thinking the same thing -I think many have transitioned over to Facebook. But to be honest -there's no rhyme or reason to posts and who knows if you missed something. Very hard to follow conversations ...or ignore others that you have no interest in. It's an information dump.....

Last edited:
I totally don’t understand it. Here there is ad revenue to be gained with page visits even if it’s small. What benefit did FB offer?

I totally don’t understand it. Here there is ad revenue to be gained with page visits even if it’s small. What benefit did FB offer?

Well ...unfortunately, I think the power of social media and with people on Facebook for other things most of the day, it just becomes more convenient. I get the feeling discussion boards, as an old timer like me, are going the down the same path as your local malls -anchor stores are closing shop.

I subscribed, but a thought based on what I've heard from automotive content creators who have both youtube and podcast content: They have found it beneficial to split the podcasts into a separate channel because many of followers listen to podcasts on native apps. When a user doesn't interact with 1/2 the content on a channel, the youtube algorithm thinks the user is not interested in that channel's content and recommends the videos less frequently.

I only mention this because I'm one of those people who listens to podcasts on my phone and I rarely get DIS videos recommended on my youtube home page despite being a subscriber.

Well ...unfortunately, I think the power of social media and with people on Facebook for other things most of the day, it just becomes more convenient. I get the feeling discussion boards, as an old timer like me, are going the down the same path as your local malls -anchor stores are closing shop.
Yeah discussion boards aren't what they used to be in many cases. People focus on social media. Thats where a lot of focus is, not just facebook but Twitter and Instagram as well. Money is to be made there for many business.

I'm a member both here and on FB and I have to say I much prefer this site. The FB page often gets nasty and while we can have a raw comment here and there on this site I feel like generally people's comments are much more civilized even when disagreeing.

I know I go through spurts where I don't log in and then I am on every day. It just depends on what's going on in life at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter