New Doorway to Dreams mailing(Woodfield)

Got a new postcard in the mail today with the correct date and time.

Hey everyone. I'm one of the cast members that will be at the Doorway to Dreams. I cant wait to see you all this week and "Welcome you Home." I'll be at the Customer Service desk on Wed, Thurs and Friday from 5pm on and on Saturday from 1 to close. I cant wait to meet you all. Come down and say hi and feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Have a magical day.
Jean

Hi CastMember Jean,

What are the hours on Saturday? Not just for the characters but in general...or how about Sunday....thinking Sat might be too crazy for DH to make a good decision :goodvibes

Isn't today the first day the store is open? Anyone go?

Just got back from the preview. Incentives were great. (we didn't add-on). They did trivia for prizes, characters were there (disney takes your picture with them), you get to see the room and when you leave you give you a goody bag and they have kid goody bags. My kids had a great time and loved their bags.

thanks for the info. What was the incentive to add-on? And what were in the goody bags? Thanks in advance

I did...I just got back.

Here's a recap:

You sign in at the Improv...you go downstairs where they have some drinks (water, soda)

You get a number at that point.

Soon you are lead into the improv theater where there is a small buffet set up: mini sandwiches, chips, chicken wings cheeses, crackers, fruit and more drinks.

Soon the presentation starts... "DVC" came out (a woman dressed in a wig lot's of make up, terrible voice) told jokes etc. I though this part was awful.

3 guides presented some information...they did a good job.

If you buy 110 points: (I am not a 100% clear..I believe they said Sept Oct., Dec use years)

SSR $10 off plus matching developer points 12 months to use them
AKV $8 off plus matching developer points 12 months to use them

If you buy 160 points
SSR $10 off plus 240 developer points 12 months to use them
AKV $8 off plus 240 developer points 12 months to use them

If you by 200+ points
SSR $10 off plus 400 developer points 12 months to use them
AKV $8 off plus 400 developer points 12 months to use them

SSR points would have 06 use year with the banking deadline waived

I hope that makes sense.

The store was very nice...the models looked great.

Everyone got a goodie bag...mouse ears, a pocket organizer you hang on a door knob, button, pin, magnet luggage tag.

My guide was actually there! I was happy to finally meet him...I am not sure how it happened...but we ended up buying AKV points! :):)

Let me know if you have any questions...

all the incentives it seems were based on that 110...I did not got any info on less than that <sorry>

I did not received luggage tags in my goody bag but I did get them from a CM in the Doorway to Dreams store.

I think mine were stuck in there by a CM...we spent so much time talking to our guide and writing our contract, that when we got to the store we were there all by ourselves

I did not received luggage tags in my goody bag but I did get them from a CM in the Doorway to Dreams store.

We didn't get them at all. :sad2:

But that's really OK as we wouldn't use them anyway.;)

Here's a few pics that I snapped:

DVC1.jpg

dvc2.jpg

dvc3.jpg

dvc4.jpg

dvc5.jpg

dvc6.jpg

I took lots of pics, mostly of the event stuff.

Before I signed in a the Improv club, I took a sneak peek at the store:
DSCN0937.jpg

Another view from the right side angle:
DSCN0938.jpg

To the left, you get the Storyboard, aka the "Bells and Whistles" thing that I compare to Lite Brite (although you can't see the light dots that well:
DSCN0940.jpg

This isn't a very good shot of Goofy, but he's front and center:
DSCN0939.jpg

Here's the sign for the event:
DSCN0941.jpg

When you check in, you're given a group number. I was Group 2. Here's the obligatory Cheerful Cast Member:
DSCN0945.jpg

We're told there's an open bar. Woo hoo!
DSCN0947.jpg

While we're waiting for the presentation in the comedy club, we can browse the art of DVC throughout the bar:
DSCN0946.jpg

This was also the time where we signed up for a raffle drawing. Part SSR stay, and one night in Cinderella Castle! Airfare included.

I took a photo of my booze. Cabernet Sauvignon. Full glass.
DSCN0948.jpg

They liquor you up and then herd you into the comedy club. They had a light buffet with fried ravioli, cheese cubes, chicken wings, cold cuts, coleslaw and potato salad, and pre-made sandwiches.

Here's a blurry buffet photo:
DSCN0949.jpg

And here's my plate o' food:
DSCN0951.jpg

Our presentation started with a Streetmosphere type of character. Her name is pronounced "DVC", but I'm thinking it's supposed to be "Dee Veecee":
DSCN0954.jpg

They had a large rodent infestation (and a duck tagged along). This isn't me, but some random strangers who might be upset I posted photos of them:
DSCN0962.jpg

We were able to pose and get free photos with some PhotoPass type of system. I have to check online and see them soon.

I didn't post photos of the AKL villa mockup because I saw some nice photos posted by Kristine. They are gorgeous and I can't wait to stay in them sometime in the future.

Ok, I know you want to know...what about the free swag? We got swag!
We also had the chance to answer trivia questions for prizes. The black collapsable bag I won was from trivia, but the other stuff was in the white grab bag:
DSCN0963.jpg

You'll see I had the Doorway to Dreams duffle (zipped up), black Mickey ears with Doorway to Dreams grand opening on them, a Doorway to Dreams trading pin, a DtD magnet flashing light "pin", a button, and some weird but cool doorknob hanger. I asked about it, and it's just some symbolic thing for "doorway to dreams". It's handy to keep your keys in.

Here's a closer look at the collapsable duffle:
DSCN0964.jpg

And a closer look at the pins/button:
DSCN0968.jpg

I had a fun time. The grand opening on Saturday should be fun, but I think it'll be a zoo. I'm sort of glad we had a private event to attend.

I guess I posted in the wrong place, http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20068526&postcount=24

A recap of my photos and report:
The sign outside:
S4010427.jpg

The bar room where you waited for the theater:
S4010428.jpg

The three nice DVC guides who shared their experiences and explained the pricing, each just got back from the Med cruise:
S4010432.jpg

A screen shot of the incentives:
S4010434.jpg

The outside of the new store front:
S4010436.jpg

The 1 bedroom master bedroom and bath:
S4010437.jpg

S4010438.jpg

We were group 4 at 3pm.

Overall, very nice event. I am not too crazy about the DeeVeeCee lady either, we also saw her at the very first members day at Boardwalk. She is SO lucky to have that job! I wish I was her!!!

The castmembers were so sweet and very cordial, it was the first day, it was VERY hot 95+ degrees outside, the was a/c iffy and there was a very large crowd, I thought they handled it well.

We ended up buying another 110 points at SS (we already had points at OKW and SS), mostly so we could do an Adventures By Disney trip and exchange our points more often.

I think we got a great deal, and I am happy they chose Chicago for the first one.

:)

We were actually only curious about a small add-on at Wilderness Lodge, so the 110 point minimum was way out of range for what we wanted...I asked Emil (one of the three major presenting guides at the event and someone who we've met twice on DCL) and he said there were no cash incentives for smaller add ons or add ons at resorts other than SSR and AKV (which we already own) but that we'd get the same number of points from the prior use year as an incentive of sorts. So if we bought 25 points with our December use year, we'd get those in Dec. plus an extra 25 points from 2006. Didn't get far enough to ask if we could bank those.

We're pretty sure the same deal for a small add on will be available if we ask for it during a Disney Cruise, and since we're looking at buying some land in Colorado at the moment we'll just wait until our cruise next year.

Got to meet two other Disboarder families there...thought I might have met more since I was a walking Disboards advert with my lime green DIS t-shirt from back in the day when there was a DIS store. It is always so nice to meet face to face.

It was a nice event overall, and it was a nice surprise to get the character photo op.

Too bad they didn't do a member's reception on Sat, I can't get away from work!:guilty: And than the grand opening on Sun., that would have worked for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter