New Disney World AP Pay and get less?

I have 4 un-activated Platinum AP vouchers (exp 2030) do CM's refer to these as renewals or certificates or vouchers? We don't have current AP's on our MDE account, so I don't view them as renewals. Our APs were canceled during the cancellation period in 2020 and our next trip will be with purchased 8+ day PH tickets. I have linked the vouchers to our MDE and now they say that they are Platinum Pass Exchange (before this week, they were just called Platinum Pass) I would like these to stay the way they were purchased (incl MM and no black outs)

Unfortunately, it’s looking like our vouchers/certificates are obsolete, and we are being forced to exchange. I do wonder if refunds will be an option, similar to last year during the closure/pandemic

Disney doesn’t want us holding on to them for years like stocks. Yet they’ve had no problem holding guest’s money for months/years for a ticket media they expected to receive

Unfortunately, it’s looking like our vouchers/certificates are obsolete, and we are being forced to exchange. I do wonder if refunds will be an option, similar to last year during the closure/pandemic

Disney doesn’t want us holding on to them for years like stocks. Yet they’ve had no problem holding guest’s money for months/years for a ticket media they expected to receive

Disney does not legally have carte blanche to do whatever it wants with things already purchased. If there is any sort of material negative change they must offer you a refund. Not offering photopass if that is what you purchased would be material and they have the capability to provide that to you. They could have chosen not to renew passes under the old system - they had no legal obligation to do so. But once they did allow you to renew - they have to keep the benefits for that pass advertised at that time (or allow you an option for a refund).

We should be able to hold them as they are until their expiration date.

The buck stops with Chapek, he is the captain of the Disney ship. He has forgotten that Disney is built on customer service. All giants fall. Universal is looking more and more appealing. If Universal studios was smart, they would purchase land in TX and build a disney style resort there, utilizing the old school disney base. They would probably take a huge chunk out of Disney. This push in AP prices is really the final straw for me. I will never add on any more DVC points, not yet ready to sell what I have, but I am ready to vacation in other places. I will wait for Chapek to go. There is already a petition out to get rid of him so I guess I am not the only one who feels this way.
I'm no Cheapek fan but I'm also not about to forget Josh D'Amaro in all this. As the old head of WDW and the new head of Parks and Experiences he would be instrumental in all these changes that are making the Parks division leaner and meaner thereby making his numbers look better (he's just a million times better at interacting with people than Cheapek lol).

Disney does not legally have carte blanche to do whatever it wants with things already purchased. If there is any sort of material negative change they must offer you a refund. Not offering photopass if that is what you purchased would be material and they have the capability to provide that to you. They could have chosen not to renew passes under the old system - they had no legal obligation to do so. But once they did allow you to renew - they have to keep the benefits for that pass advertised at that time (or allow you an option for a refund).

Edited to add: this is what it says for the vouchers photo attached.

Thanks. I really hope I’m wrong.

So if my family has gold pass renewal exchanges that expire 2099 that we got in July, it’ll change to sorcerer’s? If that’s the case, that sucks since we already had plans to go over thanksgiving weekend and the following week, and can’t activate before the Sept 7 date since we’re all in quarantine.

I can understand that, but we already have park reservations and everything made for our trip (Nov 26-Dec 3), and as I stated in my earlier post, we can't activate it earlier than that as we're in quarantine due to a COVID case (we were supposed to go down this coming weekend). Do we wait to see what happens or do we need to call beforehand and try to get something in place now? It wouldn't be such a big deal for us if it weren't for one person in our group already having an activated pass and going down for only part of the trip, so if we can't do the first two days as planned, she loses about half of her trip.
Quoting myself since I have an update.

Reached out to Disney via their chat and told the cast member what was going on with our situation, and she and the passholder team were able to activate our gold pass renewals now using our DVC membership. So our renewals now have an expiration date of 08/09/22 instead of the gold pass exchange that expired in 2099.

I assume it was because we already had the trip and reservations made, and could have been a one-off for all i know, but if anyone's affected like i was, reach out to them and they may just be able to help depending on the situation.

ETA:First quote on this situation was missing.

Quoting myself since I have an update.

Reached out to Disney via their chat and told the cast member what was going on with our situation, and she and the passholder team were able to activate our gold pass renewals now using our DVC membership. So our renewals now have an expiration date of 08/09/22 instead of the gold pass exchange that expired in 2099.

I assume it was because we already had the trip and reservations made, and could have been a one-off for all i know, but if anyone's affected like i was, reach out to them and they may just be able to help depending on the situation.

ETA:First quote on this situation was missing.
We also have gold pass vouchers and a trip the week of Thanksgiving. I just chatted with Disney and they assured me that all the benefits from our gold pass, including the same block out days, will be honored. I am a little nervous, as it seems it depends who you ask as far as what answer you get.

We also have gold pass vouchers and a trip the week of Thanksgiving. I just chatted with Disney and they assured me that all the benefits from our gold pass, including the same block out days, will be honored. I am a little nervous, as it seems it depends who you ask as far as what answer you get.

Yeah, I was surprised they went ahead and activated our renewals, so I'm definitely assuming it's out of the norm in this case. Maybe because it was only two blackout days instead of all 4?

In your case, I'd keep an eye on what happens with the turnovers, see if gold does keep the blackouts or if the lower passes that transition over have issues with blackout dates or not, since gold won't be an issue until Thanksgiving, but i think the two lower passes have blackout dates prior to that.

The blackout dates don’t affect my trips (though I know it does others) but if the sorcerer pass they try to give me doesn’t include photo pass I’m going to be pretty upset. They need to understand people bought the gold passes for the blackout dates and the items it included.

Disney could have made my extended family’s tickets dated 3/23/20 extended indefinitely but instead chose 9/26/21 so we already have to spend money to get those good for our big family trip.

Everything with Disney lately is a battle, polite but a battle nonetheless.

What is the cost difference between out of state platinum from 2020 and incredi-pass? New and renewals?
I paid $904 for an out-of-state, new platinum pass in 2019, including tax. Pre-tax it was $849. Renewals were 15% off the current price. I know there was a price increase in 2020, but still. That's a big increase in 2 years - $450 on the base price and doesn't include photopass.

I paid $904 for an out-of-state, new platinum pass in 2019, including tax. Pre-tax it was $849. Renewals were 15% off the current price. I know there was a price increase in 2020, but still. That's a big increase in 2 years - $450 on the base price and doesn't include photopass.

The price increase was in July, 2019.

I know because I bought 6 AP vouchers at the old price anticipating using them in 2020 and 2021. Obviously that didn't pan out and now there are so many things have been removed that our family uses (photopass, 3 FPs per day at 30 days out, hopping before 2p) that we will not be going back for the foreseeable future.

So now I have to figure how to deal with these vouchers...

Had to go back through my emails for the receipt but I renewed my Platinum in Jan for $1080. Incredi-Pass renewal rate is 1104 + tax and no PhotoPass lol.
I also paid $1,080.98 for my renewal, which I purchased at the end of May, on the first day I could renew, since I was concerned that prices would go up. I see my concern was correct.

My receipt from WDW contains an entire paragraph detailing PhotoPass. Not that I use it much--or sometimes at all--but I wonder if I still will have this.

The AP I renewed was hardly used, yet I held on to it in hopes that I'd be able to get some value out of it, although we kept having to cancel bookings due to covid. Although I did use it for one trip in May 2021--hardly worth the cost of the AP. I just keep telling myself that they used my money to take care of the animals at DAK and AKL.

Sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread but haven't read through every page.

Is the payment plan option for the Incredi-pass open to everyone or just limited to FL residents? I am headed to WDW at the end of the month for 4 days. Then I will be back in January or 5 days for Marathon Weekend. Then will be attending a conference at WDW over Summer 2022. I am thinking it would be best to just upgrade my ticket for this month's trip to an AP. But would love to do the monthly payments if that is an option.

Sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread but haven't read through every page.

Is the payment plan option for the Incredi-pass open to everyone or just limited to FL residents? I am headed to WDW at the end of the month for 4 days. Then I will be back in January or 5 days for Marathon Weekend. Then will be attending a conference at WDW over Summer 2022. I am thinking it would be best to just upgrade my ticket for this month's trip to an AP. But would love to do the monthly payments if that is an option.
I believe it's only for Florida residents.

FL Residents only for the payment plan

Sadly it's just for Fla residents.
Per the disney website

Payment plans are only for Florida residents. Everyone else pays the full price up front.

Thanks all. Have to weight the benefits of just paying for tickets for the 3 trips vs buying an AP up front.

There was a price increase for APs in February 2020. The PP was correct.

This is one of those times where I was having a conversation in my head but it didn't quite make it to what I wrote...

I don't doubt that there was an additional price increase in Feb, 2020. The point which somehow I forgot to put in was supposed to be that the bulk of the increase in AP price happened in mid-2019. I believe it was something like 30% because that was the impetus for us grabbing the vouchers from Sam's Club.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter