New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

A little disappointed that a long-time member like yourself would create a new thread for this when an existing one exists: http://www.disboards.com/threads/future-ship-names.3302056/

Maybe @AquaDame can please merger them together for us.

Disappointed, really? I did a search and could not find a similar thread. Plus this one has all kinds of fun stuff to speculate on. Surely wasn't trying to step on any toes -- just making something fun to post on. Plus the thread you list hasn't been active since April.

As a PP poster just said, I agree that I don't think this thread needs to be merged.

Last edited:
Maybe we can add a list of all the Godmothers, atrium statues bow art and aft hanging statues for the current ships in the first post.

bow art.jpg

Disney Magic - Godmother Patricia Disney, Atrium statue Helmsmen Mickey, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Goofy with paintbrushes

Disney Wonder - Godmother Tinkerbell, Atrium statue Ariel, Bow art Steamboat Willie, Aft statue Donald and nephews

Disney Dream - Godmother Jennifer Hudson, Atrium statue Admiral Donald, Bow art Captain Mickey, Aft statue Sorcerer Mickey with Mops

Disney Fantasy - Godmother Mariah Carey, Atrium statue Mademoiselle Minnie, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Timothy Mouse and Dumbo

Photo was taken from internet, don't know the source.

MJ

Last edited:

Maybe we can add a list of all the Godmothers, atrium statues bow art and aft hanging statues for the current ships in the first post.

View attachment 194269

Disney Magic - Godmother Patricia Disney, Atrium statue Helmsmen Mickey, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Goofy with paintbrushes

Disney Wonder - Godmother Tinkerbell, Atrium statue Ariel, Bow art Steamboat Willie, Aft statue Donald and nephews

Disney Dream - Godmother Jennifer Hudson, Atrium statue Admiral Donald, Bow art Captain Mickey, Aft statue Sorcerer Mickey with Mops

Disney Fantasy - Godmother Mariah Carey, Atrium statue Mademoiselle Minnie, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Timothy Mouse and Dumbo

Photo was taken from internet, don't know the source.

MJ

I will add the info as a comparison source,but think I will leave the bow art as it will take up too much room. I will put a link to your post, however, so people can see it. Thanks so much for the research.

I have also added Suggested Aft Characters to page one. I like the thought of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell flying aft!

I like the Disney Spirit, how about Disney Legacy or Disney Legend as the other.

Atrium could be Pluto, or Capt Hook.

Disney Legacy or Legend are awesome. Haven't seen those before either. Disney needs to be reading these boards -- we have some good imagineers on here :thumbsup2

Disney Legacy or Legend are awesome. Haven't seen those before either. Disney needs to be reading these boards -- we have some good imagineers on here :thumbsup2

I got the idea from someone elses Disney Spirit

Another aft character could be Genie, or Aladdin or both, with Aladdin on carpet. Stitch upside down painting the name. Mary Poppins with her umbrella.

Another aft character could be Genie, or Aladdin or both, with Aladdin on carpet. Stitch upside down painting the name. Mary Poppins with her umbrella.

Mary Poppins would be a wonderful Atrium character too!

Seems like the nays have it and this thread can keep its independence..! ;) Do you guys think the stickies are getting a bit overdone..? I kind of would like an ongoing thread ala the Wonder updates thread but maybe I am going overboard with the stickies hmm...

Seems like the nays have it and this thread can keep its independence..! ;) Do you guys think the stickies are getting a bit overdone..? I kind of would like an ongoing thread ala the Wonder updates thread but maybe I am going overboard with the stickies hmm...

Thank you. Funny, I was going to ask you to make this a sticky -- but I see your point!

Maybe keep this thread as the thread that any new new ship discussion gets merged into. Once the Wonder refurb is through, that thread can be unstickied and this one here can take its place? I guess the Wonder thread should be done and over with around the beginning of December.

I think it would be great for the new ships to break tradition and make the atrium statue more than one character/person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter