New champagne in-room delivery policy?

Yeah it sounds like they don't do that any more. I think I am going to skip it this time. I don't want to spend my precious cruise ship time waiting around in my room for a delivery that could take who knows how long. I will just grab a glass from the nearest bar when we are out and about.

They did say that Texas had an international waters requirement but the other ports did not. But still, I don't like the idea of playing "find that champagne" by having to ask around to try to make the delivery happen.

Since you don't want the chocolates, why not just order a bottle of sparkling wine when you are settling in your room? We're Platinum so lately I've called room service as I begin to unpack our carryons. Delivery is always prompt. Yes, it arrives chilled in an ice bucket with glasses.

I always order a bottle to drink when the Mickey Horn blows at sail away! Looks like I won’t be able to do that anymore then!
Can I carry a bottle on in that case? I don’t usually bring any alcohol onboard but my sailaway champagne has been my tradition since forever. I don’t want it any other time.

Why do you think you can no longer do that? I agree....it is a lovely way to start the cruise.

Interesting! Helpful to have a recent report. I am now thinking I will just roll the dice ordering it and see what happens.
I recently ordered sparkling wine for my son and his wife who were sailing on the Dream. It was waiting in the stateroom. Only very young children with them, though. Perhaps DCL is more cautious if there are teens in the family.

Interesting. I was planning to order the stateroom decor package (nautical theme) as it's a first cruise for our two younger daughters. I am assuming this would still be done prior to us being allowed in our cabin. Does anyone know for sure? If it's not done ahead of time as a surprise, I won't bother.

Those kind of packages have always been set up in the room when we arrive.
Good to know - we are also two adults. Do you recall what the sparkling wine was? It's our first time as Platinum and I'd forgotten that this was something you get as Platinum. I don't want to order another bottle of the same thing.

Prosecco in my experience.

Good to know - we are also two adults. Do you recall what the sparkling wine was? It's our first time as Platinum and I'd forgotten that this was something you get as Platinum. I don't want to order another bottle of the same thing.

Sorry, don’t remember. We usually use it to make mimosas! 😂

I had to sign for every item delivered. Sparkling juice on ice, DCL robes, and candy. This was last week 12 Jul. There were separate slips for each item. The slip included delivery date, item, name of delivery person. All items were in the room when we arrived.

Since you don't want the chocolates, why not just order a bottle of sparkling wine when you are settling in your room? We're Platinum so lately I've called room service as I begin to unpack our carryons. Delivery is always prompt. Yes, it arrives chilled in an ice bucket with glasses.

Why do you think you can no longer do that? I agree....it is a lovely way to start the cruise.

I recently ordered sparkling wine for my son and his wife who were sailing on the Dream. It was waiting in the stateroom. Only very young children with them, though. Perhaps DCL is more cautious if there are teens in the family.

Those kind of packages have always been set up in the room when we arrive.

Prosecco in my experience.
I assumed that if the champagne is no longer ready in an ice bucket in the stateroom then I wouldn’t get it in time for sail away.

It seems most people are still reporting the wine is in the stateroom when they first enter even if they need to sign later that they indeed received the ordered items.

But for certain in most embarkation ports, you can order a bottle off sparkling wine from room service once you are in your cabin. I do that while I begin unpacking. It arrives in short order in an ice bucket and with the requested number of champagne glasses. I also order the cheese and fruit plate. After muster, we head back to the cabin and open the wine for sail away.

I do seem to remember that there is something different about sailing out of Galveston but we only did that once in 2013 so my memory is a complete fog. :rolleyes: Sorry.

Happy sailing.

Does anyone know if Cloudem Blue (one of the onboard gift options) is available at a bar or MDR? Otherwise I'll order two bottles ahead of time :)

OP here. As an update I ordered the "Bon Voyage" champagne with the chocolates because that way I did not have to select a specific time window and it says it will be delivered on embarkation day, unlike the champagne which you did have to choose a time for in the new reservation system. I am hoping it will be there on arrival since others have had that experience recently, but if not I will try to find my steward and request it when we get there. I guess my little munchkins will just have some extra sugar from the chocolates and at the end of the $20 is kind of a drop in the bucket for DCL....

Ours wasn't in room upon arrival, it was delivered a couple of hours later. We did have to sign for it.

Ours wasn't in room upon arrival, it was delivered a couple of hours later. We did have to sign for it.
Bummer - how did you know when to be in your room? Did they leave you a message to let you know when it would be delivered?

Bummer - how did you know when to be in your room? Did they leave you a message to let you know when it would be delivered?
No, it wasn't there then it was at one point when we came back to the room. Our room host person was around there and asked us to sign.

I know this thread is a bit old, but does anyone have any insight into this policy for this year? We are leaving at the end of January (sailing with a 7 and 9 yo) and I wanted it to be in the room waiting for us as a surprise to my hubby!

I know this thread is a bit old, but does anyone have any insight into this policy for this year? We are leaving at the end of January (sailing with a 7 and 9 yo) and I wanted it to be in the room waiting for us as a surprise to my hubby!
On our September cruise on the Dream my husband surprised me with the package with the champagne, chocolate, and robes, and it was set up in our room when we arrived once rooms were available. We were just 2 adults, so that may make a difference? But at least in our case, it was there waiting.

The only place you can't do that (that I'm aware of) is Galveston because they are required to wait until they are a certain distance from shore because of Texas law.

I ordered the two bottles of sparkling wine for our sailing in September on the Fantasy and a bottle was waiting for us in the room when we walked in but we were travelling with just two adults. It seems like, based on other reports that if there are children in the room, you have to be there to sign for it. If its adults traveling alone then they have it ready in the room and waiting.

As another data point, upon arrival as platinum we had a sheet of paper saying our free gift could either be the wine, chocolates, or fruit tray, and we could call room service with the choice. We didn't get around to it until day 3 or 4 since we ordered a different bottle at the MDR the first night, but she had them deliver it directly to the dining room the day she called for that evening's dinner, thus didn't need to be present to receive in the stateroom (traveling with kids). Obviously a different situation than the pre-ordered pre-paid stateroom gifts but might be applicable to some as an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter