New champagne in-room delivery policy?

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
On our first cruise, I pre-ordered a "bon voyage" bottle of sparkling wine in the onboard gifts and amenities to be delivered to our stateroom on the first day. When we got to our stateroom around 2pm, it was there on the dresser in an ice bucket with glasses. My DH and I had a nice toast to celebrate and kick off the cruise while I unpacked prior to the mandatory drill, and actually was a bit more economical than buying a couple of glasses of the more fancy Moet bubbly that is offered at the sail away party. I just went to do the same thing for our next cruise (first time on the Fantasy!), and I noticed a couple of odd things in the new online gifts & amenities system that either weren't on the form before or I just didn't notice them.

First, there is a picture of sparkling wine on its own, and then a picture of a "bon voyage" package that shows the wine in an ice bucket with a box of chocolates. I don't need the chocolates (it adds $20 to the price, and I don't like having a bunch of sweets sitting around to tempt my kids and turn them into sugar-crazy goblins), but does anyone know if I order the sparkling wine on its own it will still come in an ice bucket to keep it cool on embarkation day, or do I need to now order the package to have an ice bucket provided? Nobody likes warm champagne.

Second, I noticed this when I click on both the package and the individual bottle: "
Alcohol will only be delivered if an adult 21 years of age or older with photo ID is present to sign for the delivery."
Has anyone sailed recently and had to do this? I don't know that I want to be waiting around in my stateroom for them to deliver it, especially since if you order the package, it doesn't let you select a delivery time. It was nice the first cruise that it just showed up in our room upon arrival.

Thanks!

I just order a bottle to have for us when we arrive in our cabin for our Sept. TA cruise.
I wasn't told I had to be in the room to receive it, we are however 2 adults traveling
alone.
Maybe because children are in the cabin.
I was not told I had to sign for delivery either.

I've read some reports in the past 6 months or so where gifts ordered ahead of time were not in the room when they arrived and they had to sign for delivery when they were in the room. The reason given was that so no one could hide the gift and then complain it wasn't delivered.

I've read some reports in the past 6 months or so where gifts ordered ahead of time were not in the room when they arrived and they had to sign for delivery when they were in the room. The reason given was that so no one could hide the gift and then complain it wasn't delivered.

I can definitely see this.

And yes, they are going to have to verify that the person receiving alcohol is over 21.

I’m sure you can set the delivery time with your Stateroom host.

We have ordered the two bottle sparkling package a couple of times (one for sail away and another for the last night). We sailed out of Galveston, so they couldn't deliver it until we were in international waters, and it ended up being kind of late. We just asked to have it at dinner instead. Then since that package isn't officially through the bar, I understand, our server and head server couldn't verify it and made it kind of a pain.

So yes, in our experience, they drop it by, an adult may be there, and it's not necessarily a convenient time. Our room steward had nothing to do with it. It has happened that way twice, so I think I'll skip it going forward, or just order the traditional 3 bottle package instead.

Wow, we had a few things delivered a few years ago and they were in room already, I liked that.
Oh well, hopefully it will be there before the evening.

So, they weren't waiting in the room upon arrival?
Yeah it sounds like they don't do that any more. I think I am going to skip it this time. I don't want to spend my precious cruise ship time waiting around in my room for a delivery that could take who knows how long. I will just grab a glass from the nearest bar when we are out and about.

We have ordered the two bottle sparkling package a couple of times (one for sail away and another for the last night). We sailed out of Galveston, so they couldn't deliver it until we were in international waters, and it ended up being kind of late. We just asked to have it at dinner instead. Then since that package isn't officially through the bar, I understand, our server and head server couldn't verify it and made it kind of a pain.

So yes, in our experience, they drop it by, an adult may be there, and it's not necessarily a convenient time. Our room steward had nothing to do with it. It has happened that way twice, so I think I'll skip it going forward, or just order the traditional 3 bottle package instead.

They did say that Texas had an international waters requirement but the other ports did not. But still, I don't like the idea of playing "find that champagne" by having to ask around to try to make the delivery happen.

I ordered The Moet Rose, because on the last cruise I tried to order a glass and they said they only sold it by the bottle and it was the last night and I didn't want an entire bottle at that point.
I said next cruise I will get the bottle and here we are....... It will show up eventually.

I ordered The Moet Rose, because on the last cruise I tried to order a glass and they said they only sold it by the bottle and it was the last night and I didn't want an entire bottle at that point.
I said next cruise I will get the bottle and here we are....... It will show up eventually.

That's what I was hoping to order for our next cruise. We used to order the Iron Horse and it was always in our cabin when we arrived - I hope I don't have to be present and sign for it. We like to drink it on the verandah while we pull out of port with some pizza we grab just before heading down to the cabin from the sail away party. I guess it won't be terrible if it's not there. We do like to sit in Meridian on the outside deck when we're on the Dream/Fantasy and I would definitely be ordering something bubbly there anyway. I could always drink the Moet later - not exactly a hardship :)

I always order a bottle to drink when the Mickey Horn blows at sail away! Looks like I won’t be able to do that anymore then!
Can I carry a bottle on in that case? I don’t usually bring any alcohol onboard but my sailaway champagne has been my tradition since forever. I don’t want it any other time.

I always order a bottle to drink when the Mickey Horn blows at sail away! Looks like I won’t be able to do that anymore then!
Can I carry a bottle on in that case? I don’t usually bring any alcohol onboard but my sailaway champagne has been my tradition since forever. I don’t want it any other time.

Yes, you are allowed to carry on up to two bottles of wine or champagne (750ml) or six 12 ounce beers per adult 21+ at embarkation and at each port.

I always choose the sparkling wine as my platinum gift. It’s always arrived in my cabin while we’re not there. We just cruised 2 months ago (May) and we did not sign for it. However we are only 2 adults in our cabin if that makes a difference. No minors in my cabin.

We just got off the Wonder yesterday and our sparkling wine was waiting in our stateroom, on ice, when we arrived. Maybe because we are 2 adults with no children and there was no question of who would be responsible?
Interesting! Helpful to have a recent report. I am now thinking I will just roll the dice ordering it and see what happens.

Interesting. I was planning to order the stateroom decor package (nautical theme) as it's a first cruise for our two younger daughters. I am assuming this would still be done prior to us being allowed in our cabin. Does anyone know for sure? If it's not done ahead of time as a surprise, I won't bother.

I always choose the sparkling wine as my platinum gift. It’s always arrived in my cabin while we’re not there. We just cruised 2 months ago (May) and we did not sign for it. However we are only 2 adults in our cabin if that makes a difference. No minors in my cabin.

Good to know - we are also two adults. Do you recall what the sparkling wine was? It's our first time as Platinum and I'd forgotten that this was something you get as Platinum. I don't want to order another bottle of the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter