New AP Special?

Still no announcements of when the AP preview events are? Maybe they're trying to drive AP sales before announcing dates (and then they'll be gone in seconds like the one for TS Land?)

I never understood why Disney doesn't offer DVC members multi-year passes... They once did 13 months for the price of 12, but I'm talking about true multi-year passes.

And I was annoyed because I missed buying before the $20 price raise back in the early spring. I'd be really pissed with this. Fir my family of five, with tax that'd be almost a half grand extra.

When DVC was new they got FREE AP's! Wish that was still a thing!
No, they didn't. IIRC, they received park tickets for the number of guests in the villa or 1/2 the occupancy, whichever was less. One of the OKW owners will correct me if I didn't quite get it right. I am certain that they were not giving anyone free APs, though.

No, they didn't. IIRC, they received park tickets for the number of guests in the villa or 1/2 the occupancy, whichever was less. One of the OKW owners will correct me if I didn't quite get it right. I am certain that they were not giving anyone free APs, though.

I don't know positively but what you outlined is generally how I understood it too.

Correct! You got passes for the number of nights you were there with the option of either check-in or check-out day included. They didn't include Animal Kingdom My guide explained at the time the number of passes was counted by number of beds. Studio/1bdrm got 2, 2bdrm got 4 and I think grand villa was 6. The odd thing was that I added on at Vero when it was announced and I also got the park tickets when I used those points at WDW.

Interesting. I read on the Dis somewhere that they got AP's for free for the first few years. I promise I didn't make that up. lol

Interesting. I read on the Dis somewhere that they got AP's for free for the first few years. I promise I didn't make that up. lol

That has been posted, the story "grows" with time. It was for new owners up until around mid 1996 before Boardwalk opened. It was as Carol described. It was a sales incentive (not a member perk) that expired 12/31/1999, that was known up front, so it wasn't "taken away".

There was a much later (closer to 2010?) sales incentive where buyers got a few AP’s with purchase (more points=more AP’s)

There was a much later (closer to 2010?) sales incentive where buyers got a few AP’s with purchase (more points=more AP’s)

Correct. I think we had a choice between a short cruise or AP's. We didn't want to cruise so took 2 AP's for WDW with our BLT purchase.

I think it was only for 1 year of AP's.
Possibly, I’m only finding a 2009 email mentioning 4 AP’s for a 100 point purchase.

If I wasn't clear above - they were single AP's. You got a voucher to redeem for 1 AP or whatever number you qualified for. In our case it was 2 vouchers. It was just a different offering like the cruise or DP's - none that were something you received every year for any period of time like the early tickets were.

Unless they do not fill this fall, I doubt there will be any discounts. Especially with the big hike in AP prices this week.
Now if the number of guests drops significantly, there might be (but I doubt the number of guests will drop).

Buying Dvc Direct this year was a good call. That alone will save us over 1200 next year (unless we get another increase) and over 1600 the year after that.

So, you’re saying spending an upward of $30,000 to save $1200 plus was a great deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter