new animal kingdom ride?

Captain Hook

Mouseketeer
Screamscape is reporting that AK will be adding Soarin' over the Serengeti. Maybe over by Rafiki's Planet watch has anyone else heard this rumor?

That would be a great addition to AK. There's only ome problem, isn't the Serengetti mostly flat plains? I think maybe a Soarin' over Asia would be a lot better.

I think that either soarin over the serengetti or soarin over Australia would be great. They just need to pick one and get it up as soon as possible. I do no think the Chester and Hester area is going to add much to the park so they are going to need a new major attraction and a Soarin attraction would give them that.

Ooh! I think that would be a really neat ride. Animal Kingdom definately needs more rides right now.

As we are all well aware, it is expensive to put in new "E" attractions. However, the Animal Kingdom certainly needs several. I don't know if this soaring over the serengeti is a top of the line ride or not but Disney must do something to enhance guests experience at the Animal Kingdom. I only go for 1/2 a day and I see many people leaving late morning when I am there. I hope Disney starts to put more in to WDW ie: Animal Kingdom and in MK the 20 thousand leagues site so those of us who go fairly often have new exciting things to experience.

From what I hear, 'Soarin' is the perfect Pressler ride. Low cost and high guest satisfaction. Reportedly, Eisner rode the ride several times and his first reaction was, "where can we put more of these?"
I'm looking forward to being able to spend a full day at AK too.

Where did you get that they have "high guest satisfaction" with the fires that have happened. You would have to say that the system for the most part is liked by everyone that rides it.

Give me a break! "Fires"? There was a smoking electrical panel on opening day. Is this the "fires" your talking about? If so I protest for several reasons:
1. A brand new park/attraction is going to have glitches
2. Existing rides are bound to have glitches
3. Just about any ride is going to have glitches
4. For example hardly a day goes by when Tower or Coaster arent evacuated for some technical reason.
5. I guess we better tear them down and replace them with a nice tree which will be less likely to have glitches.

Screamscape is one of the most unreliable sites there is. Also this thread is from 2001 if it ain't happening by now it ain't happening.

Why haven't Disney actually done this? It would be fairly typical Disney...

1. Re-use existing ride tech - so no R&D costs
  2. Soaring is one of the most popular rides, so why not have some more?!
  3. Even filming the footage could be done cheap now with drones

This, avatar, new evening show and a new daytime parade, and job done! you've got a full day park.

14 years later and we have a Soarin Over Pandora. I guess we just have to wait 14 years for Screamscapes rumors to sort of come true.

Screamscape is one of the most unreliable sites there is. Also this thread is from 2001 if it ain't happening by now it ain't happening.
I have to disagree,I've been an avid reader of Screamscape for the last 17 years or so and they've always gotten a fairly high percentage of rumors correct.I will however say that lately they do seem late to the party as far as certain news and rumors,but it's still my number 1 site for being on top of theme park news and rumors.But in a way even though this thread is 14 years old from all that I've heard (on Screamscape)AK will be getting a Soarin style ride for Avatarland.

I have to disagree,I've been an avid reader of Screamscape for the last 17 years or so and they've always gotten a fairly high percentage of rumors correct.I will however say that lately they do seem late to the party as far as certain news and rumors,but it's still my number 1 site for being on top of theme park news and rumors.But in a way even though this thread is 14 years old from all that I've heard (on Screamscape)AK will be getting a Soarin style ride for Avatarland.
Yes they are late to the party. My biggest problem with that site is the assuming or putting their own pieces together and creating a rumor out of it with no source or backing to it. I follow around 7-8 sites one of them is screams ape because they do tend to get updates on the non American Disney parks that most other sites don't. The best source I have found currently is wdwmagic. The banshee ride for avatar will be similar to soarin in the fact that you are in front of a screen in a seat like soarin but you will have a lot more movement.

...How is this level of necroposting even achieved? I want to be mad about it but I find myself impressed...

I think when wildernessfreak clicked on the Rumors and News link he/she then probably clicked page 440 without realizing it. Last comment on this (before today) was April 30, 2001 and on page 440 it's all threads with the last comments made at the end of April to beginning of May. Or they clicked through all 440 pages ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter