New "All You Can Eat Pass" at Universal/IoA

rpbert1 said:
i am staying at RPR next June 28th for 7 nights

Us too!! :banana: See ya there!!! We'll be arriving June 28th and staying for 4 nights!!

phamton said:
Pandora, you are over-analyzing this. Just decide if you think you will spend more than $20 a day for your counter service meals. If you do spend more than that, then buy the all-you-can-eat pass. If you spend less than that on counter service, then don't buy it.

I Don't look at the grand total. Just look at how much you typically spend a day on counter service (not including drinks) and see if it would save money.

My meal at Mel's without drink comes to around $6 . The price is a little higher at International Food or Louie's. But at Louie's or International Food and Film, I would also probably be able to share a meal with a small child. The All you can eat pass just wouldn't save me money. Now for a family with teenagers who are continually hungry, it would save them money. You wouldn't have to worry how much they ate or how often.

You make some very valid points, of not thinking about the grand total and sharing.

I wonder if its workable for my kids to get this and not us. THe adults are all day grazer types like my kids are. That may feasibly work for them, but not for us.

I know our typical counter cost per day at USF/IOA is about $30-40. But,most times, at Sonic for breakfast or lunch afterwards. I'm still trying to evaluate but right now that would only work for our kids and not us.

I noticed that the Italian place Louis at US serves breakfast so You probably cant use it there until after about 11:30 ?? :confused3 I have a teenage DS so I will def. Buy it for him. He could easily eat his moneys worth.

It would work for me as I like desserts and usually buy combo meals like chinese stuff at international f and f. so $14 for lunch and maybe $11 for dinner. I would save $5, and if I wanted a snack mid dawy like cheesecake or chili cheese fries :goodvibes

I was just there with my DS 12. I did not think it would be worth it for me, but figured DS would get his $$ worth if he actually spent a day in the parks. He much prefers to hang at the pool. I did not buy the all you can eat pass.

BTW, I believe that at each meal you are charged not only for your beverage, but also the sales tax on the food. I was behind a group at Louies on Wednesday and there was much commotion and confusion over what was considered an entree or a side, and also what food items were not included at all. The folks in front of me were told that spaghetti was an entree, and the meatball would be considered a side. They could also get a breadstick as a side. I do not remember what the verdict was on whether or not a ceasar salad was considered a side or an entree. The woman wanted a fruit cup as her dessert item and was told it was considered and entree. The woman said at another place it was considered a dessert. This back and forth took quite a while--I must say, the family had probably lost all of their humor before they ever even walked into the place! :rolleyes: I figure they are working the kinks out and will have the system running smoothly soon.

Each time I saw someone with the bracelet go through the line, the cashier made a slash mark on the bracelet with a permanent ink marker.

IMGONNABE40! said:
Each time I saw someone with the bracelet go through the line, the cashier made a slash mark on the bracelet with a permanent ink marker.

How come?? :confused3

bubba's mom said:
How come?? :confused3

This is just a few guesses on the marking of the wristband..

1) Seeing how much food people can actually consume
2) Tracking to see if a person is trying to "pool" thier food by sharing with others
3) Maybe checking for auditing purposes /inventory

I'm going to make a bold guess and say that this wristband will not be valid during HHN event nights, as some of the restaurants on the list may be closed...

i agree with you on that one.

it would not be cost efficient for universal to do that.
it would be like giving the food away.

And the food and alcohol sales are very high during HHN...

If that midnight-2am breakfast buffet was popular, it might be brought back...

the Dark Marauder said:
And the food and alcohol sales are very high during HHN...

If that midnight-2am breakfast buffet was popular, it might be brought back...

the only time they had the midnight=2am breakfast at circus mcgurkus was hhn, 2003.
i was hopeful that it would be there in 2004, but alas, no it wasn't.

it was great...............i had eaten at capt america during the stay and scream part and was very hungry at 11 that night. it was perfect to have that place open at midnight.

when we entered the park that night, flyers were being handed out for this special. it wasn't in the hhn packet/map.

yea, would be so nice to have it again this year.

tell me about the cost of alcohol at hhn. two people i hung with on one of the nights paid $8.50 for a double and they said sure didn't taste like it.

Drat @ the buffet not being there. Oh well.

Alcohol prices are high. It's $5 for a bottle of beer, a shot, along with many other things. But for some people, the only way they can have fun at HHN is to be sloshed... :confused3

that is the only thing i do not like about hhn......all the drunks.

and all the beer that gets sloshed on me when i am in a crowd.

My family and I just returned from a trip to USF in July, and we had several of our meals at the locations mentioned. We will take advantage of this program for next trip...my family loves to eat! :banana:

Thanks for the info!

M&Co

did you have any issues of just getting a side or dessert with the wristband program?

did you hear of any time period that this all you can eat program will end?

any 411 you give us will be swell.

A minor update: At one time they were allowing milkshakes as a dessert item at Mel's. They aren't available as a dessert choice now and are considered a drink so don't plan on getting a shake unless you want to pay extra for it.

Any thoughts if this will be around in December??

And are the locations spread around the parks or do you have to walk back to a place every time you want to eat??

Thanks bunches!

december you ask...........i'm hoping and crossing the fingers it lasts thru mid october..........

hope we both get our wish on this one. :flower:

Laurabearz said:
And are the locations spread around the parks or do you have to walk back to a place every time you want to eat??

Thanks bunches!

There are three locations in each park and all are in different areas of the parks.

Just returned from RPR and Universal/IOA (7/31 - 8/4) and we purchased the "All You Can Eat Passes" for our 2 teenage sons on Mon. (8/1), Tues. (8/2) and Wed. (8/3). It was a great deal for them as they eat all of the time and they definitely ate $20+ worth of food at the parks each day. Yes, they ate pizza and fries for breakfast. We purchased the passes for them on the first day they were available (8/1) and there was some confusion originally about entrees, sides and desserts. Milkshakes were originally considered dessert at Mel's Diner but by Wednesday they were considered drinks and were not part of the "all you can eat pass" dessert options. But you could still get milkshakes as a dessert option at Capt America Diner on Wednesday. The fruit cup was not consider a side or dessert but you could get a fruit plate as an entree at the International Food counter and our sons indicated it was very good! They were asked by several Universal employees what they thought about the "all you can eat passes" and were told it was on a 2 week trial period at this time. We didn't purchase the passes for ourselves (parents) as we generally didn't spend the whole day at the parks and usually ate at the resorts or City Walk. IMO, this is a good option for those who eat more than twice at the parks in one day. I'm not sure how long this option will last as on Wed., security was called to the Comic Strip Cafe as there were some people obviously abusing the option by purchasing one pass and feeding 4 to 5 other people in their party.

illinois4, you said your group was told this all you can eat program is on a two week trial only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awww, nuts................i had it all planned to buy into this in october.

if anyone else has heard this info, please post it here for all of us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter