Neverland Club Review??

allicat1214

CajunDisneyMom
We will be in WDW for 5 nights in mid-Feb. We are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary a month late and wanted to do something special.

During previous trips we have not ever used child care at Disney. We are staying at the Poly and are wondering about taking a "paren'ts night out" for Valentine's Day and leaving our kids at Neverland Club. They are 10 - DS and 6 -- DD.

I'm a little concerned about doing this.....primarily becuase I feel guilty about leaving them with someone else and while we're on vacation. Can anyone put my mind at ease?? Have your kids enjoyed Neverland CLub? My kids aren't clingy at all.....it's me who has reservations.

If Neverland Club is a wonderful place, any suggestions on restaurants for a romantic meal for two???

Thanks for the advice...

Our ds (soon-to-be 9) *loves* the Neverland Club. He stayed there the first time in '98, then in '99, and then again last year. On the latter two trips, we had him scheduled for one night, and he *begged* to go for a second -- and we let him. ;)

Last trip we were at VWL and he tried the Cub's Den. He enjoyed himself greatly, the CMs were awesome. He asked to go back a second night, and this time, instead of the young (20s) gals, there were two ladies in their 50s. I didn't get fun "vibes" from them, and when we picked ds up later, he confirmed that they virtually ignored the children except to yell at them. He says next time it's the Neverland Club for him!

As far as something to do while your kiddoes are having their own fun -- dh and I love to go to for dessert (although dinner would be lovely too) at the Hollywood Brown Derby at MGM. We get a large bottle of mineral water and a piece of their heavenly grapefruit cake to share. The service there is the best we've had at WDW, and going to MGM for a parents' night-out has become a tradition for dh and me. We have dessert and ride TOT and RNRC, and then sit on a bench and people-watch. It's a wonderful way to spend an evening. :)

If you don't want to be far from them, have dinne at one of the monorail hotels

Polynesian - Kona cafe

Grand Floridian - Citricos or Narccoossee's or Victoria and Alberts

Contemporary - California Grill or the steakhouse.

We haven't left our kids in any of the clubs yet but will for the first time next week. I will post a report about it.

My kids LOVE the neverland Club! The ask to go there. There is plenty for them to do, dinner etc. I would leave them there have your night out! You will ALL have a great time!

Kami

We used the Neverland Club at the Poly in November and our two sons, 4 and 6, loved it. When we came to pick them up after 4 hours, they told us to go away, they weren't finished playing.

The kids enter the Neverland Club through Wendy's window after parents sign them in at the desk. We were given a pager and our signed slip which had to be turned back in to pick up our children.

The Neverland Club serves a buffet dinner of kids' favorites (pizza, mac & cheese, etc.) from 6 to 8 p.m. and the meal was included in the price of $8 per hour per child.

There were plenty of activities to keep the kids busy. My sons enjoyed it so much because they were having video game withdrawal. They were able to play video arcade games without a roll of quarters, as well as Nintendo and Playstation. There were also other toys, videos, and crafts.

It seemed like the kids got to know each other. When I picked the boys up, I didn't immediately see them (and of course my heart went pitter patter). Then, a helpful little girl asked who I was looking for. When I told her my sons' names, she immediately pointed me in the direction of the Playstation games.

The boys wanted to go back the next night!

Hi Ali and all !

We (DH, DD and I) are staying at the Poly Jan 17-20 (then cruising on the Wonder)
My dd (age 7) will be staying at Neverland Club at least one night so we
can have our "Mom & Dad Date Night" LOL~ would be happy to let you know
how it goes! Have only heard great things. Does anyone know if we MUST have reservations before we arrive at the resort? I sure hope not because this is a last minute trip.
Thank you all for your great posts..they have helped me soooo much!
(btw...this is my/dd first trip and we are surprising dd..not telling her til we go to airport after school on the 16th!)
Only 9 more days...yipppeeee! :bounce:

Originally posted by Sunshine813
Hi Ali and all !

We (DH, DD and I) are staying at the Poly Jan 17-20 (then cruising on the Wonder)
My dd (age 7) will be staying at Neverland Club at least one night so we
can have our "Mom & Dad Date Night" LOL~ would be happy to let you know
how it goes! Have only heard great things. Does anyone know if we MUST have reservations before we arrive at the resort? I sure hope not because this is a last minute trip.
Thank you all for your great posts..they have helped me soooo much!
(btw...this is my/dd first trip and we are surprising dd..not telling her til we go to airport after school on the 16th!)
Only 9 more days...yipppeeee! :bounce:

You don't HAVE TO have a reservation but I would call them now and make one anyway. You don't want to end up them being full and not being able to use the club.

Thank you for the good advice..I have the # and will call right away..sure don't want to miss out on a "date with hubby" at WDW!! :bounce:
Thanks Again!

Never feel guilty about wanting a night away from the kids on your vacation. I am a married mother of two and I adore my boys (ages 2 and 4) However, this is a vacation foe the whole family and sometimes togetherness can be too much! We have always had a better vacation when we all get some time alone and with others. My husband and I always schedule mornings for one of us to take the boys so the other gets some, much needed, alone time. We also give the kids this option by hiring a babysitter for them. This year my oldest is old enough to try the Neverland Club and he is as excited about that as the trip itself. We won't venture far, take our cell and call and check on him and have fun ourselves. It will give you something to talk about (what you did apart) and a much needed break from the little annoyances that can wreck a perfectly planned and expensive vacation. My boys do not go to sitters often (Grandma and Grandpa are close by) but we have always trusted the sitters at Disney and have never been dissapointed.

Honestly, when I was there a year ago my oldest was so pooped from the park I am not sure he even knew he had a sitter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter