Never camped at Fort Wilderness. Need advice!

Great thread OP :) I had been lurking here regularly trying to plan for an October 2020 trip that ended up canceled. However, the event we were going to will be back in Orlando (specifically fro WDW) in August 2023 and so I am back to planning! We have a family of 7, and while we do not have a 5th wheel or RV, I've been deeply impressed with my sister's. Is it too much to try to be first time trailer AND first time FW at the same time? Or does it seem doable to navigate both things? I'm happy to start a new thread for camper/trailer newbies too if that makes more sense, but figured this was a first timer thread anyway :)

Also, much thanks to the posts describing the different loops and their relative location to the other areas of the resort. I hope you know how much pixie dust you spread with your knowledge :) Makes the planning much more fun!

One with practice could be a first time camper at FW and first time towing. I would recommend practicing backing up the trailer for sure.
We have a pinned thread that covers a lot of towing from newbies on up. https://www.disboards.com/threads/truck-and-towing-thread-ask-your-questions-here.3466479/

My parents just purchased a 30’ pull-behind. I booked them a week long stay at The Fort in January, something they have never done!

Just remember if you are driving in from out of state and need to camp in Florida that this time is snowbird season and campsites are hard to find.

We actually are from Florida, and they prefer the colder months anyways! I booked their campsite at Fort Wilderness a month ago, so they are set!
When will they be down in January? Several of us will be there through the middle of the month.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter