Never been to Disneyland - Hotel recommendation please?

I've stayed at Tropicana, but it was a couple of years ago. I honestly can't recall much about it, so it must have been fine for sleeping.

If you are comfortable at Pop Century, I think you'll be fine at the many mom and pop style motel/hotels right across the street on Harbor. That's where we always stay and you can see from my signature that I've tried many of them, but mostly Hojo's.

Now this new Marriott Courtyard Hotel & Waterpark -- where the blazes is it? I've looked at google maps and I see the site for the new Holiday Inn, but where are they squeezing in a Marriott?

What is the best hotel that offer a suite within close walking distance? I am taking my family hubby, 2 girls, myself...and my mother in law...we'd like to get a suite that has one bed in a separate room for MIL...it seems that would be more cost effective than two rooms. help!

What is the best hotel that offer a suite within close walking distance? I am taking my family hubby, 2 girls, myself...and my mother in law...we'd like to get a suite that has one bed in a separate room for MIL...it seems that would be more cost effective than two rooms. help!

Desert Inn and Suites would probably be one of the best/closest choices and is popular with families.
Best Western Park Place Inn might work too.
I've heard good things about Camelot Inn and Suites also.

To the OP :

I've stayed in quite a few hotels in the area and my personal choice would be Candy Cane Inn - Free shuttle to parks/ but also walkable. Free expanded breakfast - It is really good with hard boiled eggs , cheeses , yogurts , pastries , muffins , bagels . etc. Seating is p[plentiful and they have outdoor seating by the pool and also several tables outside the hallways. You can also take your tray from your room under the ice bucket and bring things back to your room. We found this really convenient. Rooms are spacious , well furnished and quiet. Shuttle service was always on time and friendly. Staff was always so friendly and helpful. While it does have exterior hallways I found it to be quiet compared to most.

I think the Annabella is so overpriced for what you get and the location is kind of meh. I stayed once and the suites are quite small so don't be pulled in by that.
I can't recommend it.

We stayed at Best Western Stovall's earlier this week and really enjoyed it. It takes about 10 min to get to the parks from the motel. Parking is $10/day and you can park in the lot until 3pm on your check out day. The rooms were VERY clean. There was a lot of counter space in the bathroom for all of our toiletries and such. Room has a mini fridge & microwave. There are 2 pools & 2 hot tubs on the property. The pools & hot tubs were very well maintained & very clean. Free breakfast included in price of the room and it included hot items like pancakes, bacon or sausage (it would alternate each day), and eggs, along with traditional continental breakfast stuff. My husband forgot his toothbrush and the front desk staff gave him a new one for free. The side walk going up Disneyland Dr from Stovall's is very well lit at night. I walked back to the motel by myself at 11:30 pm one night and I felt very safe, did not encounter any nefarious characters or anything...just other tourists making the trudge back to their motels, too, after park closing.

Has anyone stayed at Tropicana Inn & Suites?

Yep! We have stayed there 3 times 2011, 2012 and 2014. It is a decent, clean hotel. They have been upgrading the rooms and they all have in room safes now. It's a salt water pool which we enjoyed. However, it isn't 5 star. I would say 3-3 1/2 stars. We are planning another trip next summer but we are bringing my nephew and that will make 6 of us. When I emailed them about adjoining rooms, they couldn't guarantee it and with 4 teenagers (yep, I am a bit crazy to be bringing a 17, 16, 15 and 14 year old! LOL!) we needed adjoining since there will be 6. We are thinking of trying the Best Western Park Place (next to the cross walk) this year. Plus the free breakfast is a big savings.

I was wondering about the Annabella, but I was on trip advisor and the most recent reviews aren't too great. It makes me a little hesitant. Yesterday I watched the Dis Unplugged podcast 7 in 7 and they had the Sheraton Park Hotel. Boy did that look nice.
We stayed at The Anabella in July and was not very impressed with it. We had a kids suite thinking it would be great for all of us to have some privacy as there is a daybed in one room, bunk beds in a second room and the parents bed in the main room but unfortunately because the A/C was a wall unit in the main room and no A/C in the other rooms all doors were open trying to cool down which didn't really happen. Also, they need to re-do their pool. The pool floor is diminishing. If you swim later you will find sand in your baiting suit because the pool floor is flaking off. If they fix the pool & get central air it would be a much better hotel.

I would like to suggest the HoJo. I prefer hotels & was pleasantly surprised by the HoJo. The beds are really comfortable, it's a ten minute walk to DL & they have a Keurig coffee maker and a really cool pool & water park for the kids. I have also stayed at POP & really liked it so, I think you would like this place as well.

Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn? Is it a long walk to the Main Gate? We are a family of five. We have three teens with us so we chose the Residence Inn because we were able to get two bedrooms.

We like Ramada Maingate. Next to the Best Western Park Place Inn, so it's super close. They have a lot of remodeled/upgraded rooms. Join their mailing list or Like their FB page to get discounts. I can usually get a standard room for right around $100 a night.

We like the Ramada Maingate as well. Its across the streets from the parks, and its a cheap, clean, no frills hotel which is what we need when we visit, because we mainly stay in the room just to sleep and shower. Yes, they do offer a free breakfast, but I don't even take "free breakfast" for the various hotels in my criteria, because I'm on dietary restrictions and most of the free breakfasts offered I can't eat. If you don't like their free breakfast, there is an IHOP on the way to the parks. They have a tiny pool, but I've never used it. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the one time I had an issue with one of their rooms (something broke) they had someone within an hour to fix it.

If you usually go to Disneyworld and stay in the value resorts, you will not like the Disneyland onsite resorts due to their price---all of them are expensive, and the least expensive option (Paradise Pier) is frequently booked full (in fact, Ive never stayed on this property because I can never get a room booked for the dates I want, and I go in the off season too!). I rarely stay onsite at Disneyland because I can stay across the street at a non Disney property for a third of the price of onsite.

Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn? Is it a long walk to the Main Gate? We are a family of five. We have three teens with us so we chose the Residence Inn because we were able to get two bedrooms.
It is a 10-12 min walk. My daughters walk at about a 20 mm pace and it is about a .6 mile walk. ART is available in the back of the hotel and by building 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter