• Epcot

• Magic Kingdom

• Animal Kingdom

• Hollywood Studios

• water parks

• Downtown Disney

• your resort

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, the burger looks awesome. I'm hungry now!

I'd love to hear more about any quick service restaurants that had different things other than burgers or nuggets (although my ds 11 will love 10 days of nuggets) etc. We are there for 10 days at the end of August.

I can't wait for Cosmic Rays. It seems yummy.

I too couldn't wait for Cosmic Rays - the original plan was to have dinner there the first night. I was all set to have the 1/2 chicken and ribs with two sides meal - that seemed like a big bang for the buck. Unfortunately I was too full from that Caribbean Isle Burger earlier when we were near there and too hot/tired to wonder to Tomorrowland from Frontierland so we ended up at CHH in Liberty Square instead. I never made it to Cosmic Rays the entire trip! Best laid plans!

I was looking forward to non burger and fries alternatives too but have to admit when I stepped up to the podium to order I never once went for a salad option! But there were other options. Hopefully my photos of the menus will show that. But with all the walking I managed to not gain any weight - chocolate cakes and all!:)

I have always wanted to try CHH. This time we are done with the DDP and I so want to eat there and try the shrimp. Great pictures and looking forward to the rest of the report :thumbsup2

The shrimp was really good and they give you a ton! DSis thought she had eaten them all and nothing was left on her plate but fries until she realized that under the fries were MORE SHRIMP! That's when I got a taste - the batter was crunchy and had a great texture and the shrimp were nice sized and flavorful.

Thanks for the review of Old Port Royal...from reading all the food reviews, I was beginning to think that no one ever ate there (or even stayed at CBR for that matter :lmao:)!

We stayed at CBR in 2009 and 2010. Ate at Old Port Royal at least once each trip... shutters too. Loved the feel of OPR and LOVE CBR totally! :)

I agree with DisneyCrazyMomma - the food at CBR is great. I'm not typically a food court foodie and had my doubts on taste, freshness and quality, but it was all there. A CM told me that everything but the pizza is made fresh on site at CBR.

There is also nice seating outside that is covered and provides a relaxing view of the water and opportunity for people watching.

Inside the dining area is large with high ceiling and is a cool, climate controlled place to eat - but be warned you must enjoy the Pirates of the Caribbean sound track to eat there. I do but even I was getting a little tired of it.

I agree with DisneyCrazyMomma - the food at CBR is great. I'm not typically a food court foodie and had my doubts on taste, freshness and quality, but it was all there. A CM told me that everything but the pizza is made fresh on site at CBR.

There is also nice seating outside that is covered and provides a relaxing view of the water and opportunity for people watching.

Inside the dining area is large with high ceiling and is a cool, climate controlled place to eat - but be warned you must enjoy the Pirates of the Caribbean sound track to eat there. I do but even I was getting a little tired of it.

I'll be there in July, so I think that I will want to be inside. I have a 5 year old...I am used to hearing the same song, over, and over, and over, and over :rotfl:

I have to admit we were confused by conflicting signs at the food court that said breakfast was at 7. It was 6:45am and after a couple minutes standing in front of the Broiler section I went over to the Pizza station and found that they serve breakfast starting at 6:30am at that station. Glad I looked around a bit more!

P6030193.jpg

We got the breakfast Isle Bounty (to split) and one bottle water with two cups of ice.

If you have had bacon at Disney you know what to expect, if you haven't, you might question what it is. I can only describe it as Disney bacon. The biscuit was buttery and flakey - Paula Deen would approve. The sausage patty was average - Jimmy Dean would not approve. The potatoes were also average but I woke up so hungry that I gobbled them all down. How much do I wish the french toast was a Mickey waffle! The best part for us this morning were the eggs. They had been freshly made and were light and fluffy.

It was perfect to split for two adults. And cups of ice made the water go further. (No one cared that we were splitting a meal.)

There is pancake syrup and honey and tons of strawberry jam (and another flavor but why bother looking when there is strawberry) at the condiments bar.

We would have eaten outside but it was too wet at the tables.

So far 5 QS credits down and 2 snack credits!

Those burgers look delicious. We are hoping to check out the upstairs seating at CHH on our next visit. It looks like a great place to have lunch. I am enjoying your reviews so far; can't wait to read more! :)

Those burgers look delicious. We are hoping to check out the upstairs seating at CHH on our next visit. It looks like a great place to have lunch. I am enjoying your reviews so far; can't wait to read more! :)

There is actually more seating than there appears at CHH. Just like Disney has a way of making 40 minute queue lines look like 5 mins - what could be past this room?, more seating magically appears at the quick service places. Just keep balancing your tray as you make your way upstairs and around to the "overlook". They also had a lot of CMs stationed up stairs to bus tables which kept the place clean.

We were at DHS on SWW and gay days - we knew the park would be packed but this was the best day for us to see Star Tours.

We had read on the DIS boards about not only their cupcakes at Starring Rolls bakery, but also their massive sandwiches which all count as part of a meal on the quick service dinning plan! :)
The seating area was packed at 11:15 and there was a decent line out the door as people were getting pastries and coffee for breakfast.

P6030243.jpg

DSis ordered the ham sandwich with an apple and I ordered the turkey sandwich with kettle chips.

P6030241.jpg

Her ham sandwich was good – the meat was fresh and flavorful – but the sauce/dressing was a bit spicy for her – a spicy mustard. Mine came with a vinaigrette dressing on the lettuce and a very light sauce – really was a nice flavor combination and was very mild. The meat was massive and the soft cheese was delicious (that is the white under the meat in the photo - cheese not mayo). I loved the focaccia – fresh and soft. We both had large fountain drinks and a cupcake for dessert. (Sugar over load!)

DSis had a Darth Vader cupcake that was dark chocolate with a white chocolate Darth Vader topper. The frosting was chocolate with a layer of peanut butter under and the cake had a chocolate-peanut butter fudgy center.

P6030242.jpg

In all my faithful following of the cupcake thread I never saw this.

I had the marble cupcake which had a white butter cream frosting surrounding a chocolate fudge center, for the cake part it had vanilla cake surrounding a chocolate cake core. It was fabulous. These are cupcakes you eat with a knife and fork! They are massive!

P6030246.jpg

When we got through the line a table of people who had enjoyed coffee and conversation had just stood up to leave so we had a nice table in the shade while we dined.

P6030247.jpg

This was my favorite QS meal of the trip and I really wish I could have one of those turkey sandwiches right now instead of this lean cuisine!

I had honestly planned to use snack credits on more than coke floats! Actually I had planned to never repeat a credit, but it was so crowded and so hot and so humid - coke floats and a cup of ice were what I NEEDED. We were on our way next to see Indiana Jones Stunt show since we hadn’t seen that since we were kids. We stopped at Oasis for coke floats and a I asked for a cup of ice – did I mention it was miserably humid and sunny?

100_0088.jpg

I think the number under the menu, the prop number corresponds with the release date of one of the Indiana Jones movies but DSis and I aren't geeky enough to know - just geeky enough to notice and to think it must mean something.
100_0087.jpg

P6030254.jpg

Drank the coke floats in the theater – which at first was not crowded but then – maybe 5 minutes before show time suddenly was packed. It was funny because the first time the computer tells everyone to move to the center to make room there was hardly anyone there. But just before showtime everyone decided to come in to escape the sun and have a seat and so the second time the announcement came on it meant something.

After showering and changing we went to dinner at Old Port Royal’s food court and got – as planned – the turkey and the salmon dinners at the Broiler counter. We hadn't read any reviews of this but by studying the menu online - this looked to be the most expensive items we could get with our QSDP and we wanted to get the most we could out of it.

Besides having overhead flatscreen monitors with images of the food and the menu, they also had displays of what each entree was:
P6030024.jpg

P6030023.jpg

We got corn bread and two sides each and we coordinated so we didn’t duplicate sides and after sitting at our favorite table on the outside patio, we split our sides so each got a taste (broccoli – perfectly steamed, mac n cheese – tasty, corn – so so, and mash potatoes with gravy – average).

P6030025.jpg

P6030026.jpg

The salmon was fresh tasting and nice.

P6030027.jpg

P6030028.jpg

The turkey was clearly roasted that day and delicious. We got bottles of water (to use in the park tomorrow) and refilled our drinks.

For dessert I had the upside down pineapple cake which I had trouble opening it and it ended up falling, upside down on my tray – an upside down upside down pineapple cake :) . DSis had the chocolate cake with Mickey sprinkles that she enjoyed so much the day before at Columbia Harbor House. It was very dark chocolate and rich tasting.

P6030030.jpg

For those of you staying at CBR - you should really consider including watching the Epcot fireworks from the beach at Martinque to your itinerary - see my trip report for images.

Oh so happy for you that you get to go to the World next month! :banana: I have never had a dining plan before but I always had one ADR a day when I went to Disney. I actually liked the flexiblity of not having to eat at a certain time, though to be honest I did have a detailed itinerary that I ended up sticking closely to. But the point is I didn't have to!

Also I think the QSDP is a good value (free mug and two snack credits and no paying for gratutity).

One tip for you in the busy time of July might be to try to go to the more popular counter service places either earlier or later than the main meal time - maybe shoot for getting to lunch before noon or after 1:30 for instance. Since we were eating breakfast by 6:45 each day, we were ready for lunch at 11:30, but if you get started later, a later lunch might not be too bad either.

Great advice about eating either earlier or later! We usually just have a small breakfast and do try to eat lunch around 11:30 so hopefully that will work well for us. I am excited to try the QSDP! At first we were going to make one or two ADRs but then we decided we should just enjoy the freedom of not having to be anywhere!

Great job with your dining review!:cool1:

I too couldn't wait for Cosmic Rays - the original plan was to have dinner there the first night. I was all set to have the 1/2 chicken and ribs with two sides meal - that seemed like a big bang for the buck. Unfortunately I was too full from that Caribbean Isle Burger earlier when we were near there and too hot/tired to wonder to Tomorrowland from Frontierland so we ended up at CHH in Liberty Square instead. I never made it to Cosmic Rays the entire trip! Best laid plans!

Cosmic Ray's really is quite good. One of my favorites in MK b/c MK can be a little lacking in the food dept. The chicken is normally quite juicy and not greasy and DH liked his ribs in March. And he can be pretty picky about them! It's also huge and there are a lot of indoor seating options.

100_0088.jpg

I think the number under the menu, the prop number corresponds with the release date of one of the Indiana Jones movies but DSis and I aren't geeky enough to know - just geeky enough to notice and to think it must mean something.
100_0087.jpg

[/IMG]

Ahem. Yes. That would be the release date of Raiders of the Lost Ark. B/c between Star Wars and Indy, I would marry Harrison Ford in a heartbeat. :)

Thanks, CindyIsMyFav!

Actually DSis and I are huge geeks - just see our lamenated itinerary cards for proof. But we didn't know that! Thanks!

And DSis had a life-sized cut-out Hans Solo in her room as a kid - well actually in the closet, mom wouldn't let her keep it out! I wonder what happened to that...

I was so excited to see a QSDP review! Great start, I can't wait to read more to get some ideas for our next trip :thumbsup2

Right at 6:30 we arrived at Old Port Royal food court for breakfast. We got another Breakfast Isle Bounty platter to share and a bottle of water plus two cups of ice.

DSis began devouring it before I could snap a photo. But it was the same as yesterday. (I know. I know. What happened to all my plans of not repeating meals and snacks? and of not eating burgers and fries? I know.)

But it was EMH at Animal Kingdom today and we had to eat and RUN!

P6040006.jpg

We had planned to get cupcakes at Kusafiri Bakery but weren't hungry in the morning. So we played right on through to lunch.

The plan was to eat early - thinking 11:30 would be before the rush. But by that time Yak & Yeti Local Foods was crowded. No spaces at the few tables (and all were in the blazing sun).

P6040177.jpg
menu

P6040179.jpg
sums it up

We got one sweet and sour chicken and a frozen lemonade and a bottle of water (we had each brought one bottle of water in the park with us, but both had drunk the water by this time).

P6040181.jpg

We then followed our plan of heading over to Flame Tree BBQ. We had read that there is a nice place to sit by the water and that the ribs are a must. I ordered the ½ slab of ribs, grapes (which you can order instead of the beans), the large drink (which was enough for two), and the chocolate mousse (which was pretty tasty actually).

P6040188.jpg
I told you the drink was big enough for two!

P6040182.jpg

P6040184.jpg

I loved the sweet bbq sauce they have at the condiment counter – the spicy version seemed the same as the sweet but with pepper seeds.

P6040185.jpg

Some people have commented that the sweet and sour chicken at Yak & Yeti is just chicken nuggets with sauce. They aren't the same as the chicken nuggets you get else where in the parks but they are battered, white meat chicken in small pieces. But every where I have ever ordered Sweet & Sour Chicken in this country, that is what it is. (The rice is at the bottom.)

P6040186.jpg

P6040189.jpg

DSis enjoyed the frozen lemonade.

P6040190.jpg

There are a lot of different eating sections near Flame Tree and though the one closest the lake was full when we arrived, by the time we got through the line (which was long – they should have fastpasses for counter service), someone was getting up from a table. I always carry Lysol spray when I travel and we were able to clean off the table, which happened to be right next to the lake. We had such a relaxing meal.

P6040191.jpg

Honestly the atmosphere gave me the sensation I was back at the lodge in Shimba Hills Nature Reserve in Kenya where I sat with my mom having lunch while watching a Fish Eagle diving for Nile Perch in the lake – other than the lack of an eagle fishing – the atmosphere was identical.

Well, except for the fact that the view looked out to Asia...
P6040194.jpg

P6040192.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts