Never again without a car

MUST HAVE CAR: Need wal-mart (how can anyone not at least want to buy a case of water? beer?), we put a cooler in the trunk with water, juice, beer etc and drive it everywhere we go.

We've gotten a rental car the last few trips and will do so in the future. With mobility difficulties, it's nice to know my chariot awaits without standing in line or on a moving bus.

On past trips, we've usually had a car with us. Typically, we park it at the resort & hop the bus to the parks. It's nice to have available if we need to run to Walmart or want to pop out for a nice bite to eat, especially when staying at a resort without a great on-site dining option.

That said, on our last trip, we had a 8am PPO ressie at Crystal Palace. I figured driving from POFQ would be a better idea than taking a bus since I wasn't too sure I could rely on the bus to get me to MK in time. It was a rainy morning and fairly dark (as the clocks had just jumped ahead), and this was my first time actually driving to the TTC - all previous trips had been via bus. I incorrectly assumed the car in front of me was another park guest and just followed where they were going to park, since (did I mention it was dark and rainy?) I couldn't really see that far in front of me. I'm not really sure what parking lot I ended up in eventually, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the one I was supposed to park in. Frightened my car would be towed if I tried to park, there, I then had to attempt to return to the proper lot, which involved another loop around the World. Needless to say, we were a little late to our reservation.

The other thing I don't like about not having a car is Disney's unmagical Express. Both times we've gone without a car, we had our return flight delayed, but we were forced to take the DME bus at the original time. So we're stuck at the airport for hours, when we could have stayed onsite longer.

A flight delay can easily be moved back up to the original time, especially if it's an equipment issue vs weather.

I almost was going to delay heading to MCO in August since I received a 3 hour delay notice from Spirit. Interestingly enough the flight was oversold and 'surprise' :rolleyes1the flight time was moved back to the original time once we were @ the airport.

I've done my share of commuting to work on a bus, am d-o-n-e with it at this stage of the game. I'm petite in height, have a difficult time standing on the usually very crowded buses. A few of those trips convinced me to budget in renting a car.

Anybody who has priced one out in the last few months will tell you prices have doubled, if not tripled. For those who leave the driving to Disney, better hope that they add extra buses on to pick up the slack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter