Netflix question using the Wii

Another option to try for now- do you have a lap top?- hook it up to your tv......a newer tv with an HDMI cable or VGA (monitor type) cable -most of our older tvs have s-video we can use to hook up. Then you can watch whatever you put on your lap top on your tv. We are Canadians with Netflix and have had several movies playing at once no problems. There are also more and more blu ray players/home theater systems/media players that will connect to your home network so you can watch Netflix. We bought a Phillips home theater system and it will work in the States for Netflix but not in Canada where we are and need it!!! We are waiting for an update on it to come out.

ok...clearly well behind here. What is a ROKU?

Roku.com explains them better, it is a streaming device to stream things like Netflix and hulu to your tv.

Dawn

And I should add that every time you stream from more than one device simultaneously you do compromise, picture, quality, and response time...

That may not matter too much if you are streaming Netflix on a wii, since you cannot stream HD on a wii anyway.

That may not matter too much if you are streaming Netflix on a wii, since you cannot stream HD on a wii anyway.

Which is why we never use our Wii to stream Netflix. Our Bluray player streams and will do it in full HD (when Netflix allows it). We've tried the Wii for Netflix and the quality is so inferior it isn't even worth it at all.

If you have an HD TV and like the better picture quality you owe it to explore other HD streaming options than the Wii - until the upcoming Wii U comes out with HD in it (finally).

And I should add that every time you stream from more than one device simultaneously you do compromise, picture, quality, and response time...
Only if you're using the same internet connection. My kids' computers and ipads are under my Netflix account but they watch movies on them when they're away at college or wherever. It never affects the quality of the picture even when there are 4 devices streaming at the same time at different locations.

For those wondering why they can/can't watch more than one device at the same time....this is from Netflix.com

Q:Can I watch movies instantly on more than one PC or Netflix-ready device?
A:Some membership plans allow you to watch simultaneously on more than one personal computer or Netflix-ready device. If you are on the Watch Instantly Unlimited plan or the 1-disc-out-at-a-time plan, you may watch only one device at a time. If you are on the 2-discs-out-at-a-time plan, you may watch on up to two devices at a time. Members on the 3-disc plan can watch on up to three devices. The maximum is four devices -- available for members on the 4-or-greater-discs-out-at-a-time plan.
Your account can have up to six unique authorized devices activated (and associated with it) at any given time, including personal computers and Netflix-ready devices. For example, if you're on the 1-disc plan, you can have up to six devices associated with your account, but you can only watch one of them at a time. If you're on the 2-disc plan, you can have up to six devices activated but can only watch two of them at the same time

We have the $9.99/mo with one DVD at a time and unlimited streaming. Netflix only allows us to stream to 2 devices at the same time (most of the time, for some reason sometimes a 3rd can get on). Most of the time if you try to stream to a third it will tell you that you are allowed 2 devices max at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter