Netflix..anyone cancelling?

I cancelled Disney + the other day. Not enough (new) content I watch.

Netflix I will keep for now because of The Witcher and hopefully Enola Holmes 3. It has flaws, but I do enjoy series like Hollywood and Ratchett for their production value. Also many comedians I enjoy are featured on Netflix. So for now, I'm good with it.

We are not canceling because we find enough contact to watch Netflix almost every day. We were one of those shared accounts. My mom’s best friend was one of our users on our account and she this week actually set up her own account now. Which I get. I have to admit in the way we were taking advantage of Netflix.

From what I've read, they use IP addresses. The last I saw, any device that wasn't using the "home" IP address at least once a month would be considered to be somewhere else.

This will probably generate quite a bit of interest in folks setting up their own in-home VPNs.
Actually, Netflix is really good at figuring VPNs out. I live in Germany and I tried to watch the US Netflix using a VPN and it’s blocked.

We are not canceling because we find enough contact to watch Netflix almost every day. We were one of those shared accounts. My mom’s best friend was one of our users on our account and she this week actually set up her own account now. Which I get. I have to admit in the way we were taking advantage of Netflix.

I saw a blurb on ABC news last night which said once the new No Password Sharing went into effect, while there were many membership cancellations, there were many more new subscribers, so Netflix is ahead on subscriptions.

We used my daughter’s account & were unable to watch this week. Got the adjust the account to continue watching message. Daughter moved in with her boyfriend in March & they both still had accounts. I believe he has his dad & brother using his account. Pretty sure she didn’t cancel hers when she moved just because we were using it. We signed up for our own account & told her just go ahead & cancel hers. If daughter still had her own place she would have been happy to add us for $8. Still cheaper than both paying full price.

We cancelled. I've been with them since the DVD at home days. Some of the kids who don't live with us used the account and so did my parents. I barely watched it and the kids said they didn't care. My parents got their own account. I picked up a HBO Max account for less than I was paying for Netflix.

We used my daughter’s account & were unable to watch this week. Got the adjust the account to continue watching message. Daughter moved in with her boyfriend in March & they both still had accounts. I believe he has his dad & brother using his account. Pretty sure she didn’t cancel hers when she moved just because we were using it. We signed up for our own account & told her just go ahead & cancel hers. If daughter still had her own place she would have been happy to add us for $8. Still cheaper than both paying full price.
Yes, our DS looked into it and told us it’d be $8 if we want to stay on his account. We’re going to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter