Nestle Junior chefs/activities for kids

lilpixie

When I grow up, I want to be a Disney Princess
I remember walking by and seeing the little kids wearing their chefs hat baking cookies and it looked so cute!! :blush:
I don't remember the location for the Nestle Junior Chefs -- can anyone tell me? I thought I remember seeing it somewhere on Main St., but not sure. My brother is going and they have never done any of the activities, storytimes, etc and I am getting the info for him because those are the things my girls loved and gave them the full experience.
Anyways -- if you know the place that would be fab. Oh, and if you know of any other "fun" activities available, please let me know!!!
thanks
Michelle

It's at the Plaza Pavilion, near the entrance to Adventureland.

The sign with the times on it is right between the Disney Vacation Club cart and pin trading cart. I saw a little girl with one of those hats on with her name on it. Yumi! That's my name! My husband and I said it at the same time. I never see my name anywhere. That was surprising and she was so cute! We tried to do it last time but my husband was on a fastpass quest and said it is either Indy *or* cookies. We passed up the opportunity. Do they bring out ready-made cookies or use what the kids made?

MsYumiBr said:
Do they bring out ready-made cookies or use what the kids made?

Based on my boys' concoctions, the cookies the kids shape/make are kinda messy. The CMs dance around, everyone sings the cookie song, and voila! very nice looking cookies are all made. :teeth:

This sounds cool, I'm hoping DS5 will be interested!

MsYumiBr said:
Do they bring out ready-made cookies or use what the kids made?

They are not the ones the kids actually make. I dont think they could served them due to health reasons. Each child gets two very yummy fresh cookies.

I'm not sure if there's an age limit or not. My dd was 4 and ds was 7, but we saw kids both younger and older. I think you're 8 & 11 yo should be fine. I'm thinking teenagers might be a bit old though. My kids walked away with 3 cookies each. Yummy :cool1:

My daughter and I walked by the area on Tuesday and we saw a bunch of kids in chef hats and Mary Poppins was there to help them out, I'm not sure if she is regularly there, but it might be a fun character opportunity too. She was dressed in her white dress.

Alice's Mom said:
My daughter and I walked by the area on Tuesday and we saw a bunch of kids in chef hats and Mary Poppins was there to help them out, I'm not sure if she is regularly there, but it might be a fun character opportunity too. She was dressed in her white dress.

When we were there last August, the baboon from Lion King came by and interacted with the kids. It was overall a really fun experience for them. :sunny:

Is this free? And do you have to sign up to do it or do you just show up? :confused3

KatelynnsAuntie said:
Is this free? And do you have to sign up to do it or do you just show up? :confused3

It's included in your parkhopper cost, so there is no additional fee. We showed up at 10 minutes before it began and were the first ones there. I have heard that people have showed up 5 minutes before and it was all filled up. Must have been a busy day. I'm sure there is a max capacity, I just don't know what it is.

we've done it and the kids had a blast. We've never had any characters show up either

And then my children want to take the hats home and try to not squish them so they can make their cookies at home as well. They do have a limit on the number of children they will take which I am glad. When we did it the person in charge did not have a very loud voice and she was overpowered by the children. There was also one girl that threw a tantrum and got to do most of the stuff. I just had to remember that my children were having fun and that was all that mattered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter