Nervous about timing

Jules123

DIS Veteran
Today is our last day of our trip. I tried to get an early ILL for GOTG. In my excitement at actually getting one, I booked from 12:15-1:15. We are staying at the Poly and was planning on taking an Uber from there at 1:00 to go to MCO for a 4:00 flight. If we tap in right at 12:10, do you think I could ride and then make it back to the hotel by at least 1:15-1:30 and take my chances with getting to the airport on time?

It might work but personally that time is too tight for my liking.

With the attraction being so new, do you know how long the average wait in the queue before riding is? Attraction ride time?

After there is the walk back to the front of the park, monorail x 2 (or monorail + walk) to Poly.

Retrieve luggage.

Time to get to MCO, check luggage (if necessary), get through security and to your gate.

You could be just fine but with the added number of people travelling on holiday weekend, it’s not a risk I would personally take.

But, I’m also the person who ensures I’m at the airport 2 hours before our flight so that plays into my planning thoughts too.

Please keep us posted.

I’ve decided I’m too nervous to do it. I like to be at the airport way early also. At least 3 of our group will get to do it. They don’t fly out until later today. We were lucky enough to get to ride it yesterday and LOVED it. I’ll be back soon to ride again. ❤️❤️

Talk to guest services. Explain your situation and see if they’ll let you ride earlier?

Otherwise, I’d consider taking an Uber to Beach Club, leaving my luggage there right now, and then walking over, then departing for airport from BC. And this is only if I have carry on only and it’s a domestic flight and I have pre-check. So… maybe not.

Glad you erred on the side of caution. I'd want to be at the airport at least 1.5 hours early and that's with TSA pre-check. We've only done a park once or twice on final day of our trip. We spend too much time watching the clock to enjoy ourselves - constantly thinking about the queue lengths, ride durations, distance to exit of the park, and distance to parking lot and/or to transportation back to resort. If we have a little time to spare on last day, and have a car with our stuff in it, maybe we visit another resort and eat breakfast or lunch there but not much more than that.

Based on my ILL experience yesterday you’d have been fine
The ILL line was short and moved very fast

Glad you erred on the side of caution. I'd want to be at the airport at least 1.5 hours early and that's with TSA pre-check. We've only done a park once or twice on final day of our trip. We spend too much time watching the clock to enjoy ourselves - constantly thinking about the queue lengths, ride durations, distance to exit of the park, and distance to parking lot and/or to transportation back to resort. If we have a little time to spare on last day, and have a car with our stuff in it, maybe we visit another resort and eat breakfast or lunch there but not much more than that.
People sure travel different
We have had precheck for 7 years. We don’t ever leave Disney till 2 hours before departure, 90 min before boarding. Majority of the time we check bags but on the trip where we don’t we leave later.

I’d be a nervous wreck without precheck but with it, travel has been a breeze. I get so many more hours each year in the parks

People sure travel different
We have had precheck for 7 years. We don’t ever leave Disney till 2 hours before departure, 90 min before boarding. Majority of the time we check bags but on the trip where we don’t we leave later.

I’d be a nervous wreck without precheck but with it, travel has been a breeze. I get so many more hours each year in the parks
My issue is less about MCO which always seems smooth and more about the roads to it. I've made that trip in 30 minutes and one particularly bad time it was like 90 minutes. I know it was an outlier but that's just too much variability for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter