Nervous about FP cancellation emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread I read recently was a slightly different situation. The person had an AP and (I believe) 8 days of FP booked with an onsite stay. Once the onsite stay was cancelled, that person received notice about cancelling FP. It is likely because an AP can only have 7 days of FP booked without an onsite resort stay.

Great point! And that is why it only happened to the APs.

Great point! And that is why it only happened to the APs.

So my ticket is a non-expiring Hopper. But one of my fellow guests has an AP. So *she* might get an threatening email about FP cancellations (since I did cancel the resort reservation), but I won't get an email? Even though the resort reservation was in my name?

But that doesn't mean that only her FP will be cancelled? It would make more sense that the whole group's FP would be cancelled, since we would not longer be entitled to have booked at 60 days.

But from what Hiro posted previously, it might be the presence of my friend's AP on the reservation that will cause the email to be sent. If she hadn't been on the reservation, would the FP have stuck?

And did the OP of that other thread say he experienced actual FP cancellations or just a threatening email? I think only an email.

I'll have my friends watch their emails.

The owner of the AP may get an email? How long is your trip, or more specifically, how many days of FP did you book? The AP can only have 7 days of FP. Also if s/he has any other FP book for a different visit it may count against the 7 day limit.

The rest of your party is likely to be fine.

Enjoy your vacation!

The thread I read recently was a slightly different situation. The person had an AP and (I believe) 8 days of FP booked with an onsite stay. Once the onsite stay was cancelled, that person received notice about cancelling FP. It is likely because an AP can only have 7 days of FP booked without an onsite resort stay.

OP, you don’t mention having APs so I think you are fine. However, I do agree with the suggestion to wait and cancel just before penalty so if your 5th person drops out you can still stay onsite.

Enjoy your vacation.

This makes so much sense.

This morning I got a warning email that my FP will be cancelled if I don't add a resort reservation. The other guests on the reservation who have their own MDEs got the same email. The email says the FP will be cancelled tomorrow. That's actually fine with me since it will make it easier to rebook. But I wonder if they'll actually disappear.

OP, you don’t mention having APs so I think you are fine. However, I do agree with the suggestion to wait and cancel just before penalty so if your 5th person drops out you can still stay onsite.

Enjoy your vacation.
This makes perfect sense. This is why just the AP got the notification. With an AP, you can only have 7 and they had more, so some FP+ over 7 booked days would be cancelled.

This morning I got a warning email that my FP will be cancelled if I don't add a resort reservation. The other guests on the reservation who have their own MDEs got the same email. The email says the FP will be cancelled tomorrow. That's actually fine with me since it will make it easier to rebook. But I wonder if they'll actually disappear.
Please keep us updated with what happens.

Interesting.
Not surprising that it's sending out an automated email
I wonder if they send emails out to ALL canceled resort stays without bothering to determine if they are inside or outside 30 days?
But then really haven't got a method to sweep inside 30 days?

I have a hard time making sense out of any of this. I recently cancelled a stay. I did not have any FP booked for those dates but I didn’t even get an email confirming that I cancelled the stay.

For a long time, Disney sent warning emails outside 30 days when a resort reservation was cancelled - but the FP remained safe - until this spring or late winter (when the FP began to disappear following a warning - or even without a warning). So those formerly bootless warnings served the purpose of getting guests accustomed to the idea before they started following through. Maybe they're doing the same thing now inside 30 days. You get the warning emails, but nothing will happen to your FP ... this time. At some future date, you may lose the FP inside 30 days that were booked outside 30 days (and you cancelled the reservation).

Last edited:
For a long time, Disney sent warning emails outside 30 days when a resort reservation was cancelled - but the FP remained safe - until this spring or late winter (when the FP began to disappear following a warning - or even without a warning). So those formerly bootless warnings served the purpose of getting guests accustomed to the idea before they started following through. Maybe they're doing the same thing now inside 30 days. You get the warning emails, but nothing will happen to your FP ... this time. At some future date, you may lose the FP inside 30 days that were booked outside 30 days (and you cancelled the reservation).
Just wondering if your FPs are still there.

When is your last FP day?

I'm wondering since you're not within 30 days of your last fast pass (or some of the fast pass days) and MDE is no longer showing an on site stay if the computer is now picking up those problems since off site can only make fp each day at the 30 day mark.

Maybe that's why you're getting the email.

When is your last FP day?

I'm wondering since you're not within 30 days of your last fast pass (or some of the fast pass days) and MDE is no longer showing an on site stay if the computer is now picking up those problems since off site can only make fp each day at the 30 day mark.

Maybe that's why you're getting the email.

Last FP is the 12th of June.

You're right - it's common sense. I hadn't thought about this. If I had only had FP inside 30 days when I cancelled, there might well have been no email. But I also had FP outside 30 days.

Presumably MDE isn't smart enough to cancel only the FP that I was no longer entitled to (after June 4). Since MDE isn't smart enough to put its socks on before its shoes. With all due respect to all our friends in Disney IT.

The one reason I think FP inside 30 days are safe is I think it's going to take some pretty fancy programming for them to be able to sweep and cancel FP for only those that are associated with canceled resort stays vs those booked by locals who book within 30 days with no resort stay at all.
I mean I'm certain it would be possible but I have little faith that the MDE we currently know and hate can do it.

While the research continues on whether or not the FPs remain or are canceled, please remain on-topic so the thread can remain on TPAS and not be moved to News.

The one reason I think FP inside 30 days are safe is I think it's going to take some pretty fancy programming for them to be able to sweep and cancel FP for only those that are associated with canceled resort stays vs those booked by locals who book within 30 days with no resort stay at all.
I mean I'm certain it would be possible but I have little faith that the MDE we currently know and hate can do it.

It wouldn’t be hard to do, but there would be way too much collateral damage. For example, last minute resort changes, DVC waitlists, etc would lose FPs if they associated A resort reservation number with a FP. So yes, I agree it’s not something WDW could pull off without causing lots of headache all around.

In my experience, FP within 30 days stick around. But it’s been a while since I have tested this due to an upcoming real trip.

Oh, they could do even that with some very complex programming with a whole lot of IF statements in it.
IF the FP doesn't have W or X or Y or Z (or however many different exceptions there are) associated with it, then delete it.
I simply have zero faith, less than zero, that Disney can ever program their system to accomplish something that complex.
It's just best left alone. I mean, seriously how many FP can there possibly be out there associated with a resort stay canceled inside 30 days? Are they really talking about THAT many, in the realm of ALL the FP for a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!