Need to change to a cheaper resort!

I would do either CSR standard or Movies standard (unless not all the movies rooms have been renovated and then I would do POP standard for guaranteed queen beds), I have never personally felt the need to book preferred at any of these resorts. Good luck!

How are the buses at Coronado Springs? Do they share with any one? The rooms look really nice. I wouldn't pay for a preferred view; maybe request the Cabana section?

The bus service at CS was great...better than many of the resorts that we have stayed in. The cabana is my favorite section :thumbsup2

I would go for Pop if you can save more than $700. Stayed there with basically 4 adults (DH and I who are not tiny, 19 yr old and 16 yr old) and the the queen beds and room size were roomy enough. If ASMo is completely refurbed I wouldn't hesitate to choose there to save the money.

CSR would be nicer than a value resort. It has multiple bus stops but those bus stops would put you close to your building, unlike a value resort where you have to walk to the main building to catch the bus.

There are lots of restaurants at CSR and the main pool has one of the best slides of all the resorts. Your teens will love it. :)

I really like All-Star Movies. The new rooms are just like the ones at Pop, and the icons are adorable. I'd request a Toy Story Room since all of those rooms there are done.

Over 70% of the resort is refurbished. The only thing I don't like about it is the bus situation, but with the money you're saving, get an Uber if it becomes too much.

Swan and Dolphin tend to have cheap summer rates or check the Priceline thread. Many people report getting last minute deals at these resorts for under 200.00. Teens would love the access to the boardwalk, two parks and the grotto pool.

My first choice would be CSR, especially if you like spending some time at the pool. Second choice would be ASMo for the savings (my favourite Value), especially if not planning on spending much time at the resort and finally CBR for my third choice.

My family and I have been staying at Coronado for years because we love it so much. The vibe is chill, it never felt hectic or crowded. Plus all the new additions look great. We especially loved staying by the small quiet pool.

Fellow Minnesotan here! Sorry about your roof :(

I’d do Coronado in your situation. You save more than staying at carribean beach which in August would offer no advantage yet since the gondolas wouldn’t be running.

With your kids being older, after being together all day, and its hot and humid... I would want some space for them to spread out for some personal space.. I would go for the mod rooms... not unless you are looking at a family suites would I suggest staying at a value... so which ever you can get the best deal between the mod's is the way I would go... You have enough time to cancel and re-book...I would get on the phone and see what they can do for you..

CSR. With all the recent upgrades, the reviews are saying CSR feels more and more like a deluxe, so this one would be less of a “downgrade” with even more money saved than CBR.

I vote for CSR as well. I would not go to All Stars - you will end up with double beds instead of queens.
Movies now have queen size. One is a murphy, bit queen and very comfortable. Movies is being renovated. Not sure if 100% complete or not. I would personally so CSR if the 300 difference to movies is not taking tons away from budget

Yikes! Sorry about your roof. Kuddos to you for making some changes so your family can still have a WDW vacation.

My little one is younger than yours, but for our trip we decided to do a split stay at ASMo (Toy Story room so we'll have Queen bed) and AKL. We rented points, which made it about the price of a moderate (but half rack rate!). We'll be mostly at the parks during our ASMo nights, and planning some resort day while at AKL so we can enjoy the pool and resort activities. Disney will move your luggage for you!

I would either stay at ASMo for the most savings, especially if you'll have long park days.

OR rent points for AKL.

Coronado Springs is an absolutely wonderful property. Great restaurants. Great pool. Newly refurbished rooms. Terrific CMs. I really couldn't say a negative thing about this resort.

How are the buses at Coronado Springs? Do they share with any one? The rooms look really nice. I wouldn't pay for a preferred view; maybe request the Cabana section?
Buses there are not going to be worse or better than any of your other choices.

We go commando style on wdw trips...we stayed at WL in 2014 and while it was lovely, it was kind of a waste, as we spent little time there, but I had an insane deal. In Nov, we are staying at ASMo. Sleep and shower is pretty much it for us. Id save the $1,000.

Sorry to hear about your roof! We stayed at Coronado springs for one night before our DVC stay started a few weeks ago. The room was newly remodeled and I really liked the added privacy that the barn door near the vanity offered.
I know a few people recommended renting points to get a studio at AKL. As a DVC owner I just wanted to add that renting points for a studio at AKL for August is not an option. DVC is not a last minute type of thing and should be planned for at least 7 months out (especially studios) ...in case that is something you would be interested in for the future.
Have a great trip!!

I'd go Pop, non preferred. It's where we stay when we aren't at AkL. We love it!

We've given CSR two chances and both...sucked. The busses were the worst we have had anywhere in our 40+ times on property.

I do worry that with the addition of the tower, Coronado Springs has added more people and we will start hearing of more problems with the buses.

Swan and Dolphin tend to have cheap summer rates or check the Priceline thread. Many people report getting last minute deals at these resorts for under 200.00. Teens would love the access to the boardwalk, two parks and the grotto pool.
Budget issues there are no Magical Express and $30/day resort fee. If driving ME doesn’t matter but add another $25/day for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter