Need SSR advice on building/location!!

kellyf2626

DIS Veteran
My entire family are staying at SSR this upcoming September. We have never stayed at this DVC resort, and are using bonus points we received once purchasing at AKV this past fall. None of us are overly thrilled about staying here....but need to use the points.....so we are!

My question is that we want to be near the main building, food, etc.... We will have a 2 year old, and would love easy pool access as well. Where should we request to be? This resort seems so huge, I just have no idea where to begin!

Also feel free to share why we will enjoy this resort!!!! I would love to hear fun things to pass on to my entire family!! :goodvibes

We stayed there this past August and really enjoyed it! We stayed in the Springs section and would highly suggest it. It was a quick walk across the parking lot and past the main pool to get to the food and main building. We are doing a split stay between SSR and AKV in a couple weeks and requested the same area.

We used our DPs a few weeks ago at SSR and were very impressed with the place. We stayed at the Paddock, which is a good ways from the main building, you'd probably want to be in the Spings, but the resort was wonderful. We were hesitant about staying there due to all of the bad press SSR has gotten on the boards, but it was great. The busses, staff, and rooms were great! Hope you guys have a great trip! :goodvibes

We liked the Springs section as well -- close to the counter service food area and Turf Club, the main pool, arcade, community hall and the spa (although we didn't use the spa). I think you'll like SSR -- it's very nice.

We too had our first stay at SSR using developer points from our AKV purchase . We actually fell in love with SSR. We were in the Grandstand area right next to the secondary pool location. It's no more than a five minute walk to the Carriage House. The feature that we really liked was that we were right next to the bus stop. The Grandstand stop is the first stop inside SSR so you almost always have a seat for your entire trip. We have requested the same Grandstand area for our upcoming trip in March.

SSR is our home resort. Our family loves the resort and I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with your trip. A couple options for your needs. As someone already mentioned the Springs are perfect for access to the main pool and dining. But on our last visit we wanted a view of the Downtown Disney area so we chose Congress Park and specified a location nearest to the pool. The walk to the pool was a little longer but we were close to a quiet pool and playground area plus we had the view we wanted.

So I'd select one of those two options and I still think you'll be pleased.

Have fun!

SSR is our home resort. Our family loves the resort and I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with your trip. A couple options for your needs. As someone already mentioned the Springs are perfect for access to the main pool and dining. But on our last visit we wanted a view of the Downtown Disney area so we chose Congress Park and specified a location nearest to the pool. The walk to the pool was a little longer but we were close to a quiet pool and playground area plus we had the view we wanted.

So I'd select one of those two options and I still think you'll be pleased.

Have fun!

Ohhhh....being near the playground area sounds like it would be fun for my 2 year old! So if I'm in Congress Park...is it easy to get to the quick service area for breakfast? Being near the quiet pool plus the playground sounds fantastic! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter